RIGA EAST (OUTDATED MORE INFO IN DESCRIPTION.)

Tracks RIGA EAST (OUTDATED MORE INFO IN DESCRIPTION.) 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Really nice! What do you use for making tracks?
Cheers!
Hi!

Quite simple really - RTB for terrain, roads and object placement. SketchUp for 3D models (atm learning blender to have the models a bit more detailed in the future, but still learning and I might jump ship from blender to something else such as 3DSMAX. but, taking a week long break now since i'm going aboard a bit.)

Benders updated Mežciems with a new update entry:

Mezciems general update.

Hi!

It's almost been a month without an update. Been really busy in my real life, but I've still have managed to cram some time in to update the track.

I still believe I'll be able to stick by the timeframe, I have added some things to the map. Here are some screens.

As promised, there will be now traffic signs and as well speedbumps in certain areas. View attachment 591643

Some roads have been redone, the parking lots now are more or less driveable.
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mezciems 0.5 Release.

Mezciems 0.5 - by Benders

This is probably one of the more significant updates for the map. New roads, areas and some other things.

New:
- New drift area near the pits. Located behind the Bikernieku Sporta Kompleksa Baze (the building near pits on the right)
- Added quite a lot of parking lots, let me know what you'd like to see in them or leave em empty for other things/layouts.
- Some new buildings, fixes to existing ones.
- Road signs, traffic ligts.
- New roads expanding into other...

Discord server for the map.

I know. I know... Another mod creator has created a discord for his mod.

While the mods will still be uploaded here, I would like to gather feedback, ideas and anything else somewhere that is easy to access.

So, here we go, I've launched a Discord, so you can report any bugs, give feedback and ideas.

If interested - feel free to join.

Mežciems 0.6 coming soon!

Hi guys!

It's been a month since the last update, but I'm here to bring some news!

The version 0.6 is coming out this week!.
Here is a trailer, showing some of the newer areas. Inspired by the original Race Driver GRID intro. (video has copyrighted music, so you can view it within Youtube)

(Curse you Shadowplay.)

To start out - here is one of the new areas, the industrial part of the map.

View attachment 601611[ATTACH...

Mezciems 0.6

It's here! The biggest update yet!
(I'll say this every time I update)

NEW:
- New areas
- New street lamps
- New road textures in a lot of places
- New lighting
- Water looks like water
- A lot of bug fixes.
- GrassFX/RainFX improvments.
- Enterable garages. Cool photo places.
- Increased amount of PITS/starting pos for online play.
- A lot of roads recreated.
- And many more things I've completely forgot about.

Known issues:
- Might be a bug here and there.
- Some areas do not have...

How do you actually get into the free roam? Am I just being stupid because I have scoured the internet and cannot find how you do this.
Map it self currently has no layout, so you are free to drive wherever. I've done some tests within free roam with traffic, but atm im looking for a host for a server.

So fun to drive especially after visiting Riga Drift Masters Bikernieki and drove these same areas and streets with car
Thanks! Yup, the track is right there. Wish I could get the permission from the Bikernieki track mod to include it in the map, but it is what it is. :)

New update soon!

Some time has indeed passed since the last update. I took a bit of a break from modeling for a few weeks after the release of 0.6 and only worked on a few bug fixes and so on, however, I'm back and I can say that an update is indeed coming soon!

Here is what you can expect in the next update.
- Reworked vegetation for the forest.
View attachment 613831
View attachment 613832
Not only this looks better, as there are 3D trees involved, it actually runs better! This...

CSP Traffic!

Hi guys!

I'd like to apologize for not getting an update out the last weekend, however.

I've been using this time set up CSP traffic within the map! By 0.7 release, you should be able to race around with CSP traffic.

At the moment, I'm doing some last minute polish to the map + I've encountered a bug which somehow removed all of the colision (besides the ground) on the map, so a little paitience. Hopefully this gets out this or the next weekend.

Let...

Mežciems 0.7 Update is here!

After two months, it's finally here! Lots of work has been done, including CSP traffic support!

To run CSP traffic, you must have the latest version of CSP + use the Traffic planner app found within the Object Inspector app within AC.

Whats new?
- New areas (apartment buildings across the street from IKEA/Saga store.)
- Remodeled IKEA and some other new buildings.
- Hidden racing track in the woods.
- Reworked night lighting, more lighting to the buildings
- Light pollution during the...

hello! I was just curious on how you guys find the map? Is it good? Would you like to see more of this in the future? Asking here because I haven't received any feedback in a while. :D

Progress on 0.8

Hello!

Some time has indeed passed since the last update. I took a little break, but for the past 3 months, I've been slowly working on the next version.

New stuff? A lot.
- New road textures are in works, but I have not decided if I'll use these ones or others.
- Elevation adjustments
- Some areas are more detailed now, some are recreated, more parking lots.
- Extra roads that go around the whole map, so you can semi-count these as extra neighborhoods :) Would like to expand on them in...

While this won't come in 0.8, it's a thing that will absolutely happen in either 0.9 or 1.0!

Integration with the Bikerniecki track would be great? Would it be possible to create a racetrack with both with using the pitlane from Bikerniecki? Similar of the Nordschleife Endurance track in which the Nurburgring and the Nordschleife are integrated?

While this won't come in 0.8, it's a thing that will absolutely happen in either 0.9 or 1.0!

Integration with the Bikerniecki track would be great? Would it be possible to create a racetrack with both with using the pitlane from Bikerniecki? Similar of the Nordschleife Endurance track in which the Nurburgring and the Nordschleife are integrated?

Currently, I have not went this far in exploring the option, but I'll definitely take a look into it once I get a chance.

Current goal would be to get both maps combined, while keeping the map playable and so on. But, races, street cross layouts, circuits, maybe some other fun layouts like drift/gymkhana are up for consideration :) One of the better ones would be of combining parts of the track and parts of the neighborhood in one race.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 48 29.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 28 17.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 2.5%