AC Road Race: Ferrari 458@China Coast, Thu 18th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
"Teleport to Pits" is your friend.;)

The track is probably very nice, but I´m (momentarily) not in the mood to invest the time and learn such a long track (and a new car) for singular use.:(

It´s different for the FatAlfie tracks as we use these more often.

So have fun guys:cool:
Maybe for future events it could be a good idea not to introduce a new car and a new track at the same time?

Not to rock the boat here, but you may consider switching to the 458 Italia Stage 3 for this track. More or less same car, but much lighter (-400kg +/-) and with suspension upgrades that makes it much more agile than the base 458.

Laptimes will also be improved by 20+ secs, making it less daunting to complete a lap around here.
My usual unsolicited 2 cents...:cool:

Not to rock the boat here, but you may consider switching to the 458 Italia Stage 3 for this track. More or less same car, but much lighter (-400kg +/-) and with suspension upgrades that makes it much more agile than the base 458.

Laptimes will also be improved by 20+ secs, making it less daunting to complete a lap around here.
My usual unsolicited 2 cents...:cool:
Thanks for thinking with me Dominic.
This version was explicit recommended (multiple times) and not the stage 3.

So if you are a "manly man" and like high FFB, you need to practice the old racer´s technique of :
"let go of the wheel double quick" :confused:

(ask me how I know :rolleyes:)
I did the second time.. Thing is I have a cable that connects to my pc on my wheel (well in between the wheel and the base) and I once had the issue that it went nuts and did lot's of turns and it literally moved my whole pc case and twisted the USB port a bit.. It goes so quick you don't have time to hit the emergency shutdown button.

A have a"tethered" wheel too but use it sparingly.
Not because of the cable but I don´t like the shifters too much.

I have quick disconnect a la USB plug in the cockpit, so if a shifter snags the cable it doesn´t break but simply pulls out of the plug.

That has happend only once, after that I ziptied the cable to the extension close to the QR.
That way it coils around the extension away from the shifters.

Hi guys; Unfortunately, won't be able to make this one after all... Too much work, no time to practice. And those boulders along the edge of the road keep getting the best of me... :cry:

Next one I hope. Have fun!

Hi guys; Unfortunately, won't be able to make this one after all... Too much work, no time to practice. And those boulders along the edge of the road keep getting the best of me... :cry:

Next one I hope. Have fun!
I haven't got any practice at all also so now it will be a very lonely race for me. But the sound and the scenery are nice!

I haven't got any practice at all also so now it will be a very lonely race for me. But the sound and the scenery are nice!
ok, I'm going to stay registered. and if i can sneak a little time in to join you all for the race I will do it. i won't mind if i'm at the back, it's just a treat to drive that 458 around this track.

For the few laps I did, really enjoyed it, but next time, I hope there is a next time. Remove all the garbage like track limits and drive through. if anyone can manage to cheat here, I will take my wig off to them.

you guys better change the track for next wednesday the pitlane is bugged i was 40sec ahead in p1 lost an entire lap cause the lap didnt get tracked in a part of the pitlane , after that was too far away and a lap behind to catch a single fight. Additional note it is time for the one and only ' Macau'

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 21 7.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%