AC RSS FIA GT @ Imola - BOP testing

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
It is getting complicated now Paul. Would love to start again but the cars have now merged the data. If only i had a copy of my receipt for the cars on email i could download fresh files. I dont think the cars have been updated. Just going to check on RSS
Don't worry mate!
1. RSS are friendly guys, so this way or another you'll get the fresh download

2. When logging in at the RSS site, can't you see your purchases or something?

3. Do you have any of the purchase emails in your email storage? Normally you get a mail from them, from sellfy and from PayPal

4. Write to RSS, they should see your purchase in their own history

5. If no solution can be found, there's another way of getting you the files, since we all know that you bought them :)

@Interslice are you planning on using the RSS for a few races next year? :)

Don't worry mate!
1. RSS are friendly guys, so this way or another you'll get the fresh download

2. When logging in at the RSS site, can't you see your purchases or something?

3. Do you have any of the purchase emails in your email storage? Normally you get a mail from them, from sellfy and from PayPal

4. Write to RSS, they should see your purchase in their own history

5. If no solution can be found, there's another way of getting you the files, since we all know that you bought them :)

@Interslice are you planning on using the RSS for a few races next year? :)
I bought them a couple of years ago and probably deleted the email since then. I know it's not the end of the world but still a pain to undo it. I did see the back to normal file but that's in the file stew as well now. They are still working though so that's good for now. Oh, and a few of the new skins are a bit power hungry on VR too i think

My car files are up to date so it isn't that.
What is the point of using real names if they cant be used on the server?

This GT pack was updated on Dec '20/Jan 21 to version 6. Maybe the issue if you purchased prior to that and lost the email?

I'll check for yourself and paul on the server tonight what exact checksum is failing.

The real names fix works offline and skins loaded too.

Is the server configured to accept real names as per notes in download?

"If you apply the rss_gt_data_real_names fix you will get an checksum error entering multiplayer unless the server is using this fix as well. To enter an multiplayer server using vanilla content, apply the rss_gt_data_default fix before entering the server. Restart of AC not needed."

Ye the server is setup for the real names. As above I'll need to check the server to check what has failed. Otherwise we're shooting in the dark.

Okaaay, been trying them all on the server. Default as you go in. I could go a bit faster in all cars but that's not the purpose. The Viper could have been quicker, didn't get the lap together, so about 4 tenths up should be right. The Saleen should also be at least 3 tenths faster.

It's been a while since I had driven these but I did some championships with them back in the day. It's pretty much as I remember it.

The Ferrari 55 is by far the fastest, followed by the Saleen. The other cars are pretty evenly matched.

I had a look at some bop we did then. Added 50kg to the Ferrari 55 and 30kg to the Saleen. That should be a good start I think.

The Saleen, Ferrari 57 and Lambo are pretty easy to drive.

Hope it helps!

@gearwhine Ignore the mac Os, but it's this folder of the bunch, then just these data files into each folder. I think the fourth folder on the list has data files to return files to their default state if needed.
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 3.53.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-22 at 3.54.56 PM.png

And then also the skin packs that brian linked to

Last edited:
Okaaay, been trying them all on the server. Default as you go in. I could go a bit faster in all cars but that's not the purpose. The Viper could have been quicker, didn't get the lap together, so about 4 tenths up should be right. The Saleen should also be at least 3 tenths faster.

It's been a while since I had driven these but I did some championships with them back in the day. It's pretty much as I remember it.

The Ferrari 55 is by far the fastest, followed by the Saleen. The other cars are pretty evenly matched.

I had a look at some bop we did then. Added 50kg to the Ferrari 55 and 30kg to the Saleen. That should be a good start I think.

The Saleen, Ferrari 57 and Lambo are pretty easy to drive.

Hope it helps!

That's great info Laurent, Cheers!

Right then, starting again. Extracted all the files so which files do i add to the cars please?

Hi Steve, seems to be an issue with the data files.

Code:
time="2022-12-22T20:40:48Z" level=warning msg="Car: 15 failed checksum on file 'content/cars/rss_gt_tornado_v12/data.acd'. Kicking from server."

If you have a clean install of the cars in version 6.

Grab the 6 folders robert has above. copy- paste them into the X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars folder. Select copy and replace. That should be it to get you on the server.

I am also getting the checksum. I also don't have my original files. I contacted RSS for a record of my purchase.

Once I have the files, do I just reinstall the files? I read the posts above and am not sure the correct process.

Thanks

1. Once you have the files (original cars), install them as usual
  2. Download the real names pack (above).
  3. Then unpack/open the one highlighted in my screenshot above "Data_real_names".
  4. All you need to do then is drag the new data files from there into the corresponding car folders and overwrite whats there.

The "default" folder in the group has the data files to return the cars to their original state if needed. You might have what you need already and just need to apply the "data real names". Worth a try at least if you'll be getting the originals again from RSS either way.

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%