I can just hear Gergo now , whoa man thats overkill but what to do lol :D
6975f7d0bd0c5b861be022bccda266cb.png
won't this cause a lot of (potential) z-fighting especially in replays?

It does look better than in real life tho. Needs some condensation water for realism :D

Reactions: CC
won't this cause a lot of (potential) z-fighting especially in replays?

It does look better than in real life tho. Needs some condensation water for realism :D
I tested it twice it seems just fine the front stuff with the diffuse the 1st layer is like 97% opacity ,
and the base at the rear where the bulbs go that is 100% the rest is glass and transparent layers for glow and effects even close there is no issues and zooming away I can not see any issues with the parts ,
was similar system I had before also and that was perfectly fine , but be assured will be tested ,

and to be honest the most realistic I have seen these lights so far was to add a flat plane , well duplicate the external and simply cut off 2 planes 1 brake 1 light on , it glowed and gave some awesome effects , but looking at all these other cars ingame they seem more complex , hopefully If I can get these layers all working should be really nice , and maybe I can add a 100% transparent layer externally to give some more glow :D

Well almost happy with the results , we also added same settings to the Vortex also , well Dan did ,
with the settings we use we can emulate almost real world lights , wont never be perfect , but with what we currently understand with the way we create our textures now we can really make the colors pop , not just one standard color , red ect , but really detailed colors still not happy 100% but the progress is solid :)
0fd3f26674bc7c0049cde143235b1a50.jpg

Well I have been working with this guy who creates the CM software ,
we discussed quite a few things the version I am currently running is a test version he sent , its got 4-5 new features and settings and he gave me some advice on CM lights and settings also useful for you guys ,
I only did the front so far , will do the rears also and save the settings , so the lights effect the ground and car also for making renders and what not ,
anyways wow :rolleyes: still WIP scene I will add the custom CM preset into the download also for you guys .
custom_showroom_1511620815.jpg

Hey, on the gif the corner turning lights on the rear are lit as if they were regular lights. Those red looking turning lights should use an orange lamp, so they still blink in orange (obligatory in Europe) as the B3 ones (they look pinkish so they don't redden the orange light too much). Were later Lister GT1 rear lights modified?

Reactions: CC
Hey, on the gif the corner turning lights on the rear are lit as if they were regular lights. Those red looking turning lights should use an orange lamp, so they still blink in orange (obligatory in Europe) as the B3 ones (they look pinkish so they don't redden the orange light too much). Were later Lister GT1 rear lights modified?
I looked at quite a few I know the lights on , on the rear are correct because we copied reference and its using the actual texture , not totally sure 100% with the braking lights the color , but its a 2 second fix , if you have some photos with them braking , the texture is pink ish itself and glows pink , red with an orange glow ect ,
I even tried looking at that tiff video but couldnt notice any colors from it :)

What I was trying to say is that the corner lights are turning lights that only blink in orange with an orange lamp (for red variant with pinkish plastic on there, as you correctly did, or white lamp with orange sign) in the audi 80. On the gif they are lit as if they were braking lights. That why I was asking if Listers GT1s were different.

Please check this clip: link
The braking lights are just the regular lights stronger. Corner lights are orange turn signs (fit with an orange lamp inside when they look red instead as in your close up above). Dont mind the fog light that is lit on the inner left.

Last edited:
What I was trying to say is that the corner lights are turning lights that only blink in orange with an orange lamp (for red variant with pinkish plastic on there, as you correctly did, or white lamp with orange sign) in the audi 80. On the gif they are lit as if they were braking lights. That why I was asking if Listers GT1s were different.

I have it setup like this , 2 seconds ill try and find some reference I used , wasnt actually glowing ,
but could see the bulb slightly :) if you have some proper reference I will tweek it , its all setup , its not an issue take no time at all , but I dont have no photos on the lights braking , only the bulb inside on the red turn lamps which is orange bulb , so I presume there orange when glowing .
4fa5ee0ec73f1cb39b0aa990fff4bf82.gif

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 410 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 259 43.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 280 47.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 123 20.7%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 163 27.5%
Back