Sell Sam Maxwell F1 Steering Wheel selling from USA

I received this wheel in 2016.

It is in excellent condition as I have always worn gloves when using it. The electronics work perfectly and the screen is clean and clear and works as it should.

All rotaries, switches and buttons work without issue and the paddle shifters are crisp and firm in their function.

The wheel uses the Accuforce quick release which is incorporated into the unit.
A coiled USB cable is included for connection from the wheel to your PC or a powered USB 3.0 hub.

The screen only works with Z1 Dashboard as the wheel was a collaboration with Sam Maxwell and Z1.

I will transfer my Z1 Dash license as part of the sale and I have several dashes I created with the Z1 Designer where you can download them.

Here are a couple of them ...

1A645BE6-FAC9-45B4-A4BA-590D55848E2B.png

818C7E2E-6887-464E-9599-A20CD10BC950.png

Barry Rowland SRG review ....
Race Dept post from Barry ...

You get the wheel + Z1 Dash + USB cable.

**NEW PRICE**
I'm asking $550 + shipping from 37415 (TN USA).

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have

Thank you for your interest.

The wheel as it is ...
DSCF3786.JPG

DSCF3741.JPG

DSCF3744.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, great wheel - I have a similar one, and the grips are by far the most comfortable of any wheel I own.

Question: you say the Accuforce QR is incorporated into the unit…can it be easily removed/replaced with a different QR?

Wow, great wheel - I have a similar one, and the grips are by far the most comfortable of any wheel I own.

Question: you say the Accuforce QR is incorporated into the unit…can it be easily removed/replaced with a different QR?
That's a good question!
The grips are good!
I'm pretty sure that unless you have experience working on these types of devices
it's going to be a challenge.
You would have to take it apart from the front to get at the bolts to remove them.
There's a post here where a guy took one apart but used a dremel to do it!
That's the reason I'm selling mine.
I bought a Simucube and can't use it because I can't remove the flange from the Accuforce to use a Ascher Racing adapter to mate to the Simucube.
I don't know another way....I wish I did.....
It's a remarkable wheel and was one of the first of it's kind that I know of.
I'm taking a big hit selling it unfortunately ......

I'm really surprised this hasn't sold yet! Though since you like it so much, I'd think it would be worth opening up to see about swapping the QR...after all, Sam got it in there somehow, and those things are usually simple bolt-ons (though admittedly with some potentially-tight clearance inside between wires, boards, etc). Might be worth opening up to see if you can somehow work the QR free.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%