Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
Yes, looked at it and didn't see any evidence of a spring in the pics, diagram or description. So no advantage for $250 over my £13 cantilever TV mount. A waste of money in my view.

Upvote 0
An ENGLISH review of the G7 27" :D
Reports coming in are positive, they also working well with 1080p based resolutions.

Triple 27" or 32" with this 1000R and superb viewing angles could be a sweet setup.

On Da Wall

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Shhhhhhh (mute if necessary) ;)
Quite detailed in what it shows at least

Backlight Bleed and limited zones still seem to be the main limitations of the display.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Shhhhhhh (mute if necessary) ;)
Quite detailed in what it shows at least

Backlight Bleed and limited zones still seem to be the main limitations of the display.
Was that Gran Turismo he was using for demo or FM7?

Upvote 0
So this guy (whoever he is) ;)
Offers an English speaking preview on the 32" model.

The 49" preview/review is coming later.

Dive In

Linus, a bit overly dramatic at times, but has a pretty good rep for his website work. A quick review, but hits the important points.

Describing the G7/32"...
"It has a 1000R curvature..." "Wow, that is really curved." ... (That's what she said, it's the Peyronie's look). All seriousness aside...

Seems that, as he said, Samsung, though late to the high-end gaming monitor part of the market, has a product that can compete w/ anything out there now. As I said previously though, I just wish the G7 was 34 or 35" rather than a 32". The LG I'm considering is a 34".

Upvote 0
:) I know, and I do lust after that 38"...

BUT, I have have one of those, what do you call them?, ah, a WIFE... and she'll kick my butt.

I'm thinking the 34" she may not even notice the difference from my current 27". (often, she's oblivious to my computer addiction). But, the 38"... man, that will be like the proverbial elephant in the room. It's huge. (but I want it.... )

You bought that LG?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

:) I know, and I do lust after that 38"...

BUT, I have have one of those, what do you call them?, ah, a WIFE... and she'll kick my butt.

I'm thinking the 34" she may not even notice the difference from my current 27". (often, she's oblivious to my computer addiction). But, the 38"... man, that will be like the proverbial elephant in the room. It's huge. (but I want it.... )

You bought that LG?
On my list for August, but this is for desk gaming setup, not sim rig, screens are a waste for sim racing.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Sorry, I'm not getting what you mean...
Even the best screen can't replicated racing experience in virtual reality. For me there is just no way back. So 38" is just for shooters and whatever other stuff I do on my PC.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 120 70.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.6%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.9%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 33 19.3%
  • No 3pa registration pages