Season 11 - General Discussion

Well, I have an Android (Galaxy S3) and know how to play chess but I'm not sure if I'd play it well (and have much time to do so). Do you have a good suggestion for us?
I downloaded an app called chess live, and I currently play with Rune and "buggie02" (both ex-prestogp drivers). We play a setting where you have a maximum of 7 days to make a move (although we tend to move much faster).

I'm 2^5 (no, not 25)
In other words you are 00100000? I'm 00100010

Whenever such private talks about date of birth or so are done, I often wonder "who" some drivers are, especially those I don't know already from facebook. That's why I sometimes play with the thought of opening a thread called "Who are you?" where drivers who like to may tell some private stuff about themselves and maybe post one or a few pictures. Of course all by free will and I wouldn't treat anyone different who doesn't want to release his privacy to the internet. Saying that, I think this place has much more privacy compared to social networks like facebook...

Is it worth opening such a thread and would it be appreciated?

I think knowing someone for real always improves gentle behavior on track (not saying we don't have a very gentle behavior already!) and it's more fun to have a person in mind when you fight against an opponent...

Hello all!

I just got my license approved and I'm considering joining you guys for the last few races. I'm not very fast in these f3000 cars and only recently started driving them (I'm more of a touring car guy:thumbsup:). I should add that I am no good at standing starts:(.

With 2x tire wear I am able to lap 1:23:5 consistently (At Interlagos). Is this any good? And also, does anyone have any tips on standing starts?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions.

Welcome. Get your laps in and join us online. The fastest way to get to know the guys and us to know you on track.

Read these two threads:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/new-league-members-prestogp-explained.16320/
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-11-general-info.64079/

I'm sure Nico fills up the rest, the basic principle is safety and the goal is 25 drivers for full season and zero DNFs.

As ex-tinroofer i can maybe give you some tips. The weight is low but the HP is about the same. So these go slightly faster and accelerate and turn much much faster. The optimal setup is throttle controlled and keeping the right revs while changin can be more demanding. The upside is that these are a lot more fun to drive. They don't cause frustration which is specially GT and Touring car series problem. You turn the wheel, car responds. Not like tinroofers where after calculated, well timed and executed action from the driver makes the car think if it's worth it, ponder ups&downs of the matter, holds a meeting with tires and windwipers, drinks a cup of coffee, remembers that it isn't sentient after all and then does something similar to what it's so-called "master" originally instructed ;)

But these vehicles need more concentration to finish races, one false move can and will eventually finish you off. Races are 62 minutes, that is a challenge on it's own... I would suggest a bit understeering setup but just a tad. You still need to be able to spin it 360 basically at every slow speed exit (throttle control seems to be the key to faster laptimes but that is not confirmed fact, just what i learned recently..). On high speed the rear should stick to the ground like glue and medium is up to personal preference.

You can't "dig" the tires to the ground to get maximal grip as these don't have the mass and high center of gravity, more like go-karts. Keep it a bit lively and you'll do fine. Racing basics are still the same as with any series.

Last edited:
Thanks Kennett!:)

I see in "General Info" free practice start time is 9 while in "Calender and Other Details" it is at 7. "Calender and Other Details"seems to be more up to date, so start time is at 7?:confused: Nothing is wrong with either start time, I would just like to know for certain.

I understand I need to sign up at the "Sign Up" thread and on the Presto GP website and that I should download the league skins from MyDrive. In the club racing section, I see it is recommended to get Team Speak. Is it the same here in the league?

Sorry I'm asking so many questions, I'm really looking forward to this!:)

Hy Nelson,

you're very welcome! :thumbsup:

The detailed times for our events are definitely correct in the calendar thread, so the 1 hour free practice starts always at 7:00 pm UK time. So for me in Germany it always means 8:00 pm. If you're from outside europe you need to consider our 1 hour sommer and winter time shift. Where are you from?

We recommend you to sign up at prestogp.com (you must use exact Race07 name). There you get the password for our prestogp practice servers to get in touch with us there. And your laptimes get stored at the laptimes sheet (click the track name and then "update" to see each ones lap times.

About clutch and standing starts:
I have no clutch pedal so I need to use auto clutch. I have asigned clutch to a wheel button. For the start I press this button and hold it, then I go in 1st gear and hold the throttle in medium high revs. When the lights go green I realise the button, which means releasing the clutch. At the same time I put in more power and try to hit the point where they are close to spin. If I put in to less power the revs drop extremely and I will loose much time. If I put in too much power and the wheels spin too much, I'm very likely to spin and cause a chain reaction. So practicing and having a good feeling is everything. ;)

Btw, in the controller options I adjusted the release speed of the auto clutch to 100%, so it gets released as quick as possible and I can control the power by myself as soon as possible. I think for the beginning it could be safer to make it release more slowly, so you have more time to find the right point when the grip comes. But I'm not sure about that. You can see the release speed if you press the clutch button in the options screen and watch how quickly the bar disappears...

Just fired up my game for some practice and.....ffb gone. If I reinstall the game the ffb works on the first few startups, after that its gone. I dont think i have the motivation to reinstall every time I want to play the game:mad: might be the end of the season for me:cry::poop:

Just fired up my game for some practice and.....ffb gone. If I reinstall the game the ffb works on the first few startups, after that its gone. I dont think i have the motivation to reinstall every time I want to play the game:mad: might be the end of the season for me:cry::poop:

damn. such things are annoying. maybe you find the time around christmasholidays to fully wipe your pc?

or just install race07 once again and never shut down either pc and race07 until the season is finishied :)

what is actually happening guus?

are all the settings staying the same in the cfg files and ingame but ffb is just not there?

if the settings are getting wiped each time try set the cfg files to read only see if it helps.

have you tried reinstalling the software for your wheel at all?

or even tried a diffrent usb port?

have you made sure all connections are tight and secure?

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back