Share your VR graphic settings

I added r.temporalaacurrentframeweight=0.18 to your settings, to sharpen the TAA a bit more.

Did the same thing. I only put 0.20 frameweight. Much sharper TAA in overal image. I also removed the line r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1 and put post processing ingame on epic. Didn't see fps performance loss compared to mid setting and to my eyes the blacks seem more pronounced in overall image, making cars, curbs and objects pop out more and looking more realistic in my opinion.

Hi Mikany

I understand your problem. I have the ryzen 3600 and 2070super
i myself a lenovo explorer and now the O+
With similar settings, the lenovo is crystal clear, the O+ is not but SDE is gone and colours are more vibrant.

I managed to get acceptable clarity though, you can try this:
-no retroprojection
-aim for 60fps in 60hz mode ( i barely see a diffence with 90hz, maybe because i am not too young anymore)
-100% screen resolution
-highest setting possible for either steam super sampling and/or VR pixel density
i have tried 100% SS and 140 to 160% VR density or 72% SS and 180% VR density
-sharpenning>250
-no advanced sharpening
-low post processing and effect, temporal high, shadow high on low distance, all cars
-texture mid or high, do not see much difference

saturation 90, exposure 0.15, contrast 0.55 (not sure of the setting names here)

this is the best i have achieved so far and i use those settings on both headsets.

the problem comes from the unreal engine temporal antialiasing i guess.
Rfactor 2 looks fantastic with O+,
looks very good with PC2 but i need to investigate more on this one. Waiting for AMS2 to do so.

hope this helps.
By the way, Kunos should explain how to play with screen resolution/pixel density/SS if not done already, this is experimental science here

If someone has some other magic settings, please share!

Just a thank you to all the guys contributing here, I finally managed to get rid of the image flickering and get a stable framerate in a full AI field by using the engine.ini from fabhdz and opengl rendering. Very happy right now, thank you.

Just a thank you to all the guys contributing here, I finally managed to get rid of the image flickering and get a stable framerate in a full AI field by using the engine.ini from fabhdz and opengl rendering. Very happy right now, thank you.
Sorry, where’s that specific link (quite a few suggestions, just to save some time testing out), thanks. Will retry VR again from triples, as its been humid this season.

Don't get hung up on the engini.ini tweaks. It may work for some but doesn't work for all... I challenge you all to do a direct comparison of settings before and after and review your framerate/headroom in the exact same scenarios... I found that the engini.ini tweaks were way more taxing on my VR setup then me tweaking everything in game and via NVidia control panel...

The following changes gave me the best results as far as visuals go with best framerate:
In nVidia control panel:
AA - MODE = Enhanced App Settings
AA Setting = 2x
AA Transparency = 2x (Supersample)
In Game:
Resolution scale 100 or below
VR Resolution 100% or below depending on frame
Turn on Temporal Upscaling!!!
Screen sharpen 200%
Disable advance sharpening.

Not sure that AA override in control panel works mate. Put it at 8x super sample and see if it tanks your frame rate. I think that's only for games with MSAA.
I noticed a visual difference but left it at 2x, not 8x. I recommend without touching anything else giving the different settings in control panel a try and seeing what works for ya. If it doesn't no worriers, but it definitely worked in my case using Valve Index with a 2070 GPU. That's why i posted that even though the INI may work for some, it's not going to work for all just like maybe these settings didnt work for you...

Good luck to us all who struggle with VR. I posted in reddit recently hoping to get some more attention around the VR performance issues

It's not a matter of it not working for me. It's a matter of the control panel adding no benefit to an application running any method of AA other than MSAA / SSAA. It's fundamental to the way the algorithm works.

Unfortunately more and more games these days are doing away with traditional AA methods in favour of post processing AA techniques. Therefore, no game that uses TXAA, SMAA, FXAA, Temporal AA, etc. will benefit from any control panel AA overrides.

Hi all,

I have problems with the performance of my setup with Odyssey+ and 2080Ti RTX. Sometimes the game crashs (I'm not sure if it's the game o Stream VR) with a blue screen (on the VR, not the computer) and I have to restart Stream VR, open ACC...

Could anybody share with me their configuration (Nvidia + ACC).

Thanks in advance

After months of testing different settings to get a 90fps stutter free experience (rtx 2080ti, i7 9700k, odyssey+) it is obvious that the game is limited by current graphics card tech.
For VR users, hopefully it will shine when the rtx 30xx series cards are released. Until then, for a 90 fps stutter free experience, AC, rfactor2 & iRacing are significantly better.

This is what ive been using on my Reverb. To my eyes it looks excellent on my 1080Ti.

I think engine might be one of union Jacks from ages ago.... (its identical to whats been posted recently here)

Just wanted to thank you as you helped me out here. Now I can finally play ACC again. I bought a Reverb and gave my old Oculus away, since then I was unable to play as I had massive head tracking issues in ACC only.

Issue was that everything looked fine when my head was not moving but the head movement itself was totally choppy/laggy. Even on VR low and Low profiles...

With your files I only had to change ALL resolution related settings to 100% and then I was even able to put post processing to High as well as textures to High and everything still runs perfectly smooth.

Thanks for making me able to play the game again.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 245 28.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 164 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%