Share your VR graphic settings

Its not the same for DX12?
DX12 for VR? Never saw this.
Anyway many games I'll tryed in DX11 or Dx12 had almost no differences...

Whit my 2080ti, i got better performance in ACC than AC...

If you look at some recent DX12 game benchmarks (example) using a good GPU, the gain is significant and the CPU bottleneck is reduced, especially on Ryzen where the single core is not as powerful. DX12 would have had lots of utility in sim racing games, where CPU is often the bottleneck. Somehow it seems everyone forgot about the DX12 thing and all hype became about game engines.

thanks @Unionjackstar and everyone else for helping out here to get the best VR feeling in ACC.

i tried the latest config settings of yours union and it seems so unsharp to me ingame. i just got VR so I don't know how sharp it has to be, but I tried VR in iRacing and Assetto Corsa @the simracing expo with the oculus and i feel it was much sharper. so I try to find what I do wrong and here is a request from me:

could you possibly copy an image of your ingame settings as well? you showed them once but since the new build there are new options now. 2 pages before you listed them but not every option (like resolution scale missing from what i could see). thanks for the hard work! I hope Kunos can make the VR experience a lot sharper and better tho

Interesting.. I was struggeling with performance since the first release.
Just tried settings from post #131 again.

Initially performance was top notch steady framerate, but I was looking for more sharpness. Just playing around with the settings in ACC made performance worse and worse and never better.

Reinstalled everything cleaned AC2 and Assetto Corsa Comp folders and again initially good performance but even when in ACC settings video menu setting everything lower the performance went down.

So... After some more experimenting it seems that:
1. If you got a clean install you can edit the engine.ini from #133
2. You CAN adjust VR resolution and horizon lock
3. .... but don't touch anything else from the settings menu.. !!

performance will break. Even setting everything back to the default settings manually doesn't fix that.

This will seriously fix VR visuals for now:

You can play with the vr.PixelDensity value vs. ingame Resolution Scale, haven't experimented much if it overwrites one another or what.
I prefer AA set to Temporal, High (delete r.PostProcessAAQuality=4 if you want ingame options to work). Don't use Epic, not worth it.

\Users\you\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
Open "engine.ini" and insert this at the bottom of the rest:

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalAACatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=4
vr.PixelDensity=1.4
r.SeparateTranslucency=0
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.MotionBlurQuality=0
r.PostProcessAAQuality=4
r.BloomQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.SSR.Quality=1
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=3
r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=48
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.FastBlurThreshold=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.DetailMode=1
r.RefractionQuality=2
r.MaterialQualityLevel=1
sg.ShadowQuality=2

Works a treat on the Lenovo Explorer (Windows Mixed Reality).

Interesting.. I was struggeling with performance since the first release.
Just tried settings from post #131 again.

Initially performance was top notch steady framerate, but I was looking for more sharpness. Just playing around with the settings in ACC made performance worse and worse and never better.

Reinstalled everything cleaned AC2 and Assetto Corsa Comp folders and again initially good performance but even when in ACC settings video menu setting everything lower the performance went down.

So... After some more experimenting it seems that:
1. If you got a clean install you can edit the engine.ini from #133
2. You CAN adjust VR resolution and horizon lock
3. .... but don't touch anything else from the settings menu.. !!

performance will break. Even setting everything back to the default settings manually doesn't fix that.
You might be onto something here. pankykapus on the official support forum in the vr thread replied to your findings.

Last edited:
Imroved performance by adding r.AOquality=0 and r.LensFlarequality=0.

[ConsoleVariables]
vr.RoundRobinOcclusion=1
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.1
r.TemporalAASamples=8
r.TemporalAASharpness=0.8
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=2
r.VolumetricFog=0
r.RenderTargetPoolMin=350
r.BloomQuality=4
r.AOquality=0
r.LensFlareQuality=0
r.SceneColorFormat=2
r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
r.AmbientOcclusionRadiusScale=1.7
r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=16
r.ShadowQuality=4
R.DFshadowquality=1
r.Shadow.MaxResolution=512
r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
r.MipMapLODBias=-0.8
r.HZBOcclusion=0
r.SSR.quality=0
r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
r.RHICmdBypass=0
r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades=2
r.LightShaftDownSampleFactor=4
r.TiledDeferredShading.MinimumCount=10
FX.AllowGPUSorting=0

For my liking, i added motion blur. It tends to smoothen everything a bit, but maybe it`s just my brain.... . If you also like to have motion blur activated in vr, add vr.AllowMotionBlurInVR=1 and enable Motion Blur in ACC settings.

THANKS FOR THESE SETTING I WAS STRUGGLING TO RUN ACC W/O.

I use a GTX 980 8GB. Can finally maintain 45fps.

After downloading the 0.6 updates, my VR was worst than 0.2, and that was already very bad.:D

So I followed Panky's advice, erased and uninstalled everything, so of course after I had reinstalled every thing, remapped everything. After all the efforts, after setting and disabling graphic features, according again to what Penky recommended, I got a VR working better than ever before.:cool:

I have everything ( that is not disabled) on epic or as high as it goes ( expect for mirrors on the lowest everything but not off).

Don't give up, as the driving, the FFB, the sound and the graphics (yes the graphics in VR) are worth the efforts.;)

@Cote Dazur do you have shadows off?

Shadows on Epic, as I wrote, everything enabled, or Epic, except mirror 20 meters, low, low.
Easy.:D

@schlitty just look at the posts from Panky here and on ACC support forum, overall it is erase everything, reinstall, set mirror to low, make sure the Temporal Upsampling is switched to "Disabled" in the Advanced Video settings (second tab), also disable advance sharpen filter and volumetric fog at the same place.

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Shadows on Epic, as I wrote, everything enabled, or Epic, except mirror 20 meters, low, low.
Easy.:D

@schlitty just look at the posts from Panky here and on ACC support forum, overall it is erase everything, reinstall, set mirror to low, make sure the Temporal Upsampling is switched to "Disabled" in the Advanced Video settings (second tab), also disable advance sharpen filter and volumetric fog at the same place.

Good luck.:thumbsup:
Good to hear. :) Re 'reinstalling', perhaps there's an easier/faster way than 'erasing AC2 folder and downloading the whole thing again in Steam'... or no other way?

Just installed ACC today and getting upto speed on what needs editing for best VR.

So are you guys still using the edited Engine.ini file since this 0.6 update or is it no longer needed / necessary ??

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back