AC Shelby Cobra S1, S/C @ Laguna Seca - Mo 21st July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Enjoyable race, didn't even come close to my hotlap times, started 2nd on the grid and on 2nd lap i got one of those random stutters that only appear once in 10 laps and i met mr wall, had to rejoin 11th or something.
Still had some fun !

Edit: After the patch the replays are half the size so the whole race is saved now, which is cool !

I was getting stuttering all over the place, any slow corner, when other cars where on screen, my apps were acting weird. Had a good start but the penalty for running wide put me on a go slow going up the rahal straight.

I should have just disconnected too.

really tough combo this was...

was very happy with qualifying 7th.

wanted to start carefully but started too carefully...nearly everyone overtook me before t1. then some slight tap during t1/t2 and the assetto netcode did the rest (it's better since the last update though, no one was sent to ISS at least). but the race wasnt boring at all after that, breaking for t1 and corkscrew made me come close to heart-attack every lap. if the send setup button isnt going to be implemented, it looks like i'll have to read georg's guide one day (speaking of georg: sorry for the "contact" we had, didnt expect you to come back on track so soon after you played in the sand and the cobra didnt let me do fast driving-line corrections while being in a turn).

congrats to the winner, awesome pace.

Good fun race, thanks everyone.

Had a good race with @Ries Notenboom, we were about the same pace for almost the whole race, with me about a second behind. Unfortunate that you had the spin near the end. I don't think I would have had the nerve to try an overtake in this car if I had caught you anyway!

Had a scary moment too when a lapped car span across the track and we both had to take evasive action. Not easy in the Shelby!

Enjoyed this combo though, certainly the most challenging I have tried yet, but a good experience!

Ye was great fun, kpet me on my guard !
After that evasive action my focus was gone and lost it braking before T1 shamefully :p
And jimi Nisula sure had a good pace going, gz !

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 445 69.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 277 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 296 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 26.9%
Back