Should I buy AC or ACC?

After buying the Deluxe Edition of Project Cars 2 for £35 I have ended up with buyers regret. After a short but fair 10 hours (on PC) I can confirm that PC 2 has only left me frustrated…. Like a kid stomping his feet shouting “ it’s not faaaair!” but yeah, that’s the feeling I have. Maybe I’ll try dig some more but my play time is limited with real life.

So should I get AC instead? Or wait for ACC to develop? I don’t wanna waste more money on a game when a “newer and better” game is out.

Honestly, depends on two things:
1) What did you dislike about PC2?
2) What kind of experience are you looking for?

If you tell us about 1), we can tell you if those elements are also present in AC and can guess if they might be in ACC as well.

Regarding 2), it depends on if you want to have a good mix of racing classes or want to focus on a single class.

Honestly, depends on two things:
1) What did you dislike about PC2?
2) What kind of experience are you looking for?

1) I find it very hard to control the car without spinning out of control. Breaking too much or not enough. I try so hard to be careful and cautious but it has made little difference - like the game wants to punish you for realising it's intended to be a sim.

2) I just wanna drive / race nice cars - preferably road / street like cars.

TL;DR version: Try Assetto Corsa and if you also don't like it, refund it.

After your feedback I'd say you should go for Assetto Corsa but not for ACC. I have not played PC2 but I heard from different people that cars tend to oversteer more and it's easier to get to a point where it's impossible to recover them from a spin compared to Assetto Corsa.

Then there is the fact that you preffer road/street cars. Assetto Corsa has enough of them and you can find many, many good mods of such. This also means you should stay away from ACC though. Apart from the fact that it was just released as early access, it will only feature GT3 race cars so this is not what you're looking for.

I wouldn't buy ACC now unless you know you'll want it in 6 months ( full release date ), it'll be frustrating and it's very limited right now. AC ultimate edition is a very different game to how ACC will be - it's a driving game with racing in it, with a vast and rather messy selection of cars & tracks & great mod support. ACC is going to be only Blancpain GT3 cars for the forseeable future, and it's in very early access. I think most of us who already bought ACC own all the other sims already...

AC's physics are a vast improvement on PC2 even with it's quirks. So is AMS and rF2, mind you.

I wouldn't buy ACC now unless you know you'll want it in 6 months ( full release date ), it'll be frustrating and it's very limited right now. AC ultimate edition is a very different game to how ACC will be - it's a driving game with racing in it, with a vast and rather messy selection of cars & tracks & great mod support. ACC is going to be only Blancpain GT3 cars for the forseeable future, and it's in very early access. I think most of us who already bought ACC own all the other sims already...

AC's physics are a vast improvement on PC2 even with it's quirks. So is AMS and rF2, mind you.

AMS is Automobilista right?

I recommend buying at least AC. AC is only $12 USD at Humble Store right now. At that price, I would think that's a no-brainer to pick up. Even with the base version (which I initially bought), you are going to have so much to do with all the mods, skins, cars, tracks, and hardware (e.g. VR, SimHub) out there. Word of advice: install Content Manager right away. It definitely makes the experience much better!

And if you love AC after playing it, then consider picking up ACC.

I recommend buying at least AC. AC is only $12 USD at Humble Store right now. At that price, I would think that's a no-brainer to pick up. Even with the base version (which I initially bought), you are going to have so much to do with all the mods, skins, cars, tracks, and hardware (e.g. VR, SimHub) out there. Word of advice: install Content Manager right away. It definitely makes the experience much better!

And if you love AC after playing it, then consider picking up ACC.

Wow. I just checked the AC mods page and oof I’m blown away. Track mods. This changes everything.

AC has a huge variety of different types of cars and tracks, and mod support. ACC has GT3 cars only, and a limited track selection. Competizione is a focused Blancpain GT Series racing sim, whereas AC is more of an all-purpose driving sim. Also Competizione at the moment has 1 car and 1 track, minimal features, and is heavily WIP. It will be a great game, but it will take months.

Assetto Corsa is probably the best sim for your money right now. The only one that kinda comes close is RF2, but I greatly prefer the look of AC + the content available. ACC seems like it'll be good if they allow modding, but otherwise, it'll probably be too limited.

So I grabbed AC (base game) from the Humble Bundle summer sale for a sweet £7. Played it for 2 hours last night and the difference to PC 2 is night and day – in the good way. The driving feels like it should – It feels right. I could actually make it around slightly complex bends without crashing or spinning out of control to no return. When I did crash or spin this was purely my own fault for being too exited – not the games fault.

The modding support is amazing. I can see the potential here. Not tried the career mode yet. Also got Content Manager which speeds things up a little.

Overall very happy with the purchase.

Thanks all for their advice and input.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 49 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 22 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 12 2.3%