SimLab P1-X Chassis Announcement

P1-X-slider-pic.jpg

We’re happy to announce the P1-X sim racing chassis. After the success of the P1 we are introducing the new version of the rig, with some small but needed updates. Full info to be released soon.

Planned release date is in the first half of June.

Last edited:
You can adjust them at any time by just turning the big nuts above and below each plate, Barry goes over it in this video:

Barry do not do any of this while his RIG is built.

Have you actually tried to adjust them with the weight of full rig on top of them 100+ kg?

Will the thread take it (or will it strip)? Will you have enough strength to do it?

Upvote 0
Barry do not do any of this while his RIG is built.

Have you actually tried to adjust them with the weight of full rig on top of them 100+ kg?

Will the thread take it (or will it strip)? Will you have enough strength to do it?

Doesn’t matter, these are very big nuts and threads, it will be fine, just put on a big washer to protect the plates like Barry does, obviously lowering a foot will be easier than raising one but it’ll take the weight and turning the lower nut with a spanner will be easy, if having trouble by hand just lift that corner of the rig and rotate it bit by bit. This was designed to do this and you should only need to do it once or twice to get it all level.

Upvote 0
Yes agree I just had to raise mine last evening mid-build when I realized my Buttkicker LFE, which is MUCH bigger than the mini-LFE's I'm used to (hence the name), that I did not quite have clearance under the seat mounts for the big kicker until I raised the feet another inch or two. I simply lifted the rear end of the rig (not simple since it's heavy, but I put a spare piece of 40x80 (or it may be spare imperial measurement 80/20 1.5"x3") under as a jack stand for a minute while I ran the threads of the feet to raise the unit, then repeated the same on the front half.

Attachments

• IMG_5662.jpg
    IMG_5662.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_5661.jpg
    IMG_5661.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying, I didn't try it just by turning as it was so quick to lift up and I don't have an M16 spanner handy. I just can't think of a practical way to accomplish it short of actuators or jacks when you're talking the weight of a fully equipped P1-X. I mean they use M16 hardware, I'm not sure it gets much more robust, but perhaps there is another design which might work easier I'm not picturing.

Upvote 0
If you have to rise the rig then those are not leveling feet (as you cannot level anything this way). That is my point.

What are you talking about? Of course you can and yes they are. I don’t know what your issue is with it and even though the rig is heavy it’s still easy enough to lift a corner a few millimetres even for someone not that strong to spin the bottom nut a little at a time to get it where you need it, how are feet that allow you to make the rig level not levelling feet?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I may be missing the sandwich plate 40x40 that connects the side mount support to the base also, can't find it anywhere, checked all the paper in the packaging. I sorted it for now with a spare corner bracket (glad I ordered an extras, they also helped with the shorter 500mm seat supports.) I decided to mount the shorter seat supports 40mm lower, so interior to the base in the first channel with 8 corner brackets, at least for now, given my apart from the norm plans for mounting my seat. Taking pics along the way, and I will be starting my own build thread soon detailing my plans for mods to the P1-X, GS-5 seat with multi-channel tactile modded into the seat, etc..
How exactly did they help you. Seems like I am in the situation, and I the longest 40x40 pieces I have are 500mm. Will they even work?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I may be missing the sandwich plate 40x40 that connects the side mount support to the base also, can't find it anywhere, checked all the paper in the packaging. I sorted it for now with a spare corner bracket (glad I ordered an extras, they also helped with the shorter 500mm seat supports.) I decided to mount the shorter seat supports 40mm lower, so interior to the base in the first channel with 8 corner brackets, at least for now, given my apart from the norm plans for mounting my seat. Taking pics along the way, and I will be starting my own build thread soon detailing my plans for mods to the P1-X, GS-5 seat with multi-channel tactile modded into the seat, etc..
Gosh, did the same person package our orders. Seems like I am missing it too, did you check with them on that or just let it go? Wondering if this is another change similar to new 500mm standard for seat supports.

Upvote 0
Hi, I know I'm picking up an old thread, but didn't feel I should start a new one as I just wanted some (hopefully) quick info. I've just received my new rig from Sim-lab, a P1-X.

I received three boxes from UPS and have one that got delayed by 24 hours. The delayed box weighs 30KG apparently, and I am assuming that it contains the profile as the boxes I've received include the pedal tray, floor, bolts, seat bracket, connectors etc.

The concern I have is that I also ordered a seat from Sim-Lab on the same order ,their Sim-Lab Speed1 XL (I'm a chunky lad), and it's not arrived and I don't have a separate UPS order for it.

So the questions are, do you think I'm right with my assumption that a 30KG box will only contain the profile, and won't somehow also contain the seat, and looking on the web I think their phone number is +31 6 19608633, does anyone know if this is correct?

thanks

Upvote 0
@Raysy I received the seat (Speed1) completely separately from the profile. It came from a different location altogether.
In my case the seat arrived first. UPS tracking revealed a generic sender from a port somewhere in the south of spain. The profile came from the Netherlands IIRC.
Maybe that helps to identify the content of the parcel?

Upvote 0

The mystery is solved. The phone number is correct, and yet again was such an efficient way to skip the queue and get a quick, clear and concise answer.

They ship the main profile from a different warehouse using a different carrier (GLS) and I'd not received any tracking information. So the seat should arrive tomorrow and the main profile hopefully by Friday, fingers crossed.

I can't wait to get everything together, have some fun (and frustration I'm sure) building it, and then get into some games. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0
@Raysy I received the seat (Speed1) completely separately from the profile. It came from a different location altogether.
In my case the seat arrived first. UPS tracking revealed a generic sender from a port somewhere in the south of spain. The profile came from the Netherlands IIRC.
Maybe that helps to identify the content of the parcel?
Thanks @DrRob that's what's happening.

Upvote 0
I've got the keyboard tray - why?
Edit: it works very well if that was going to be your question.
Hi Mascot,

No was the measurements of the profile I was needing yesterday @Kayumi ordered me some pieces from SimLabs,

I want to make it swivel around so I can use the keyboard just above my lap + want them powder coating again just unsure the scale of the parts looking on there website and I cant work it out inside photoshop there diagram seems just for reference,

1stly how long is this piece and what thickness is the profile,
1598714616744.png

cant tell if its 20x40 or 40x80 I imagine it to be x500mm ?

also what size of bot is this a M6 or M8 ?
1598714756701.png

I hope you do not mind checking sorry for the inconvenience.

Upvote 0
My extrusion is 60x30x400mm (not 60x20x500mm like you said) - I had the smaller width keyboard tray from a couple of years ago, not sure if they still offer this one? My Corsair keyboard has no numpad so I didn't need the full 500mm width version.
Managed to get one of the CSK fixings out (I must have used threadlock, it was a bugger to remove) and indeed, it's M6.
Hope that helps. :)
(and sorry for the late reply)

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 81 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.6%