Simple VR question...

I know nothing about VR or what kind of computer horsepower you need for it. If I have a Ryzen 3600 CPU with 16gb of memory and a GTX 1660 6gb video card, should I even begin to consider VR or is my system underpowered for VR? Thanks....

My specs are...

Ryzen 2600, 16gb ram, GTX 980TI, using Rift S.

Using AC with SOL/CSP , AMS2 and IRACING .

You might have to use low/medium settings but i can't see why it won't run

Last edited:
is my system underpowered for VR?
Yes, but it is good enough to let you try it, if you really like it, you will have to beef it up.
AC is fairly easy to do VR with, my recommendation is a CV1, it will not cost you too much, easy to resale if you don't like VR or want to upgrade later and good enough to enjoy it. The resolution is not too high, so it will not tax your system too much.

Hi,

I run a gtx 1660, and bought a quest 2 last year.

I can run single player race, 7 ai cats on track at 90 fps, most car track combos, and most online races.

However, I choose to run at 72 fps, I notice no difference in smoothness ton90 fps, but at 72 I can run with FSR on ultra quality and it works at n every car track combo online.

I have only ever used the Quest 2, and I love it, I can’t sim on a screen now so only ever play AC, never ply ACC now as my rig cant handle it in vr.

I currently have a fx8320 with 16gb 1600 ram, with a 1660 super, and a rift cv1, I run pc2 ams2 AC in vr and with lowish settings they run well, just waiting for my CPU mobo and ram upgrades to arrive

Running a 3060ti and really need to upgrade the CPU(9100). I can get 90fps and 12 AI cars with med/high mix of setting but I sometimes see the 99% CPU warning flash up. Time to save up for at least a 5600x.

Using the PSVR headset at the moment but really need to upgrade that as well. It's still a million times better than GT looks on PSVR.

My specs are...

Ryzen 2600, 16gb ram, GTX 980TI, using Rift S.

Using AC with SOL/CSP , AMS2 and IRACING .

You might have to use low/medium settings but i can't see why it won't run
i have 1660 and a quest 2 and i cant really play on ac what settings do you have and what do you suggest to do?

i have 1660 and a quest 2 and i cant really play on ac what settings do you have and what do you suggest to do?
I have now upgraded to a 3070ti and a Hp Reverb G2.

I'd say run everything on low, I haven't got AC open now but as a must always turn off shadows, Smoke, mirrors, and reflections. Also, turn down supersampling ....i currently do that in steam VR.

If your using content manager the "i" sign should show how much each setting takes in performance

Sorry, I can't be of more help.

All the best

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 304 42.0%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 328 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 159 22.0%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 27.0%
Back