'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
I tried uninstall and reinstall but now installation fails and now a different Trojan is shown in Defender. So i have to use beta now and refuse any updates i guess. Not good...

Upvote 0
Had to disable defender then downloaded zip archive from FB Site link and launch it now from folder directly. If i move it to another location defender blocks it immediately. Recent files couldn't be restored.

Upvote 0
Only problem I've had, is that later on (fresh boot) and trying to load SSW again, the same issue returned. For me though, once I restore the file it works fine. Also seems that the main screen loads faster than previously.

@Vranq
I tried the Lotus Type 29 and the Lotus 3-11 didn't find any issues with the bumps feeling weak.
I used Gain slider at 25% and run a very low value for the filtering threshold.

Also the current .wav file I'm using for the effect currently is at -3.5 dB from the peak limit possible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Andre, can you check and confirm that effect 11 and 12 and not mixed up?

Placing waveform in front channels 1&2 for brake = shaking at rear tactile.
Placing waveform in rear channels 5&6 for acc = shaking at front tactile.

Upvote 0
I tried demo version with AC and JetSeat KW-908 and would like to clarify a few things before I decide to buy the full version. Is there any difference between front/rear wheels slip situations? If there is I could not feel it, the only difference I felt was the amount of vibration depending on the severity of the slip. I hope it is possible to tell between front/rear (and left/right) wheel slip somehow, otherwise this feature is not very useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you, Andre. Are there any plans to add front/rear? I'd say front/rear separation is maybe even more important than left/right. And ideally, it would be 4 different effects, one for each particular wheel slipping.

Also, I noticed that in AC wheel lock was never detected and even when I locked my wheels on braking too hard it was interpreted as both left and right wheel slip. Is that effect for some other games where you can't detect wheel slip and have to resort to a single wheel lock effect?

Upvote 0
Not in plans, but that's possible. You are just the first who asked for that.
I think we could quarter 8 JetSeat motors to reflect every wheel. Seems to be logical.

As far as I remember, AC doesn't expose info about wheel lock and I use slip data.
As you can read from SSW GUI Lock FX is implemented only for iRacing.

Upvote 0
Dear SimShaker - Wheels users, if after Windows 10 Fall Creators Update the application asks for activation again, please, restart the application and update it up to version 2.26. After the update your activation will be restored automatically.

Upvote 0
Just some of my own thoughts and feedback....

Would say that from my own usage thus far, but in reference to a tactile unit, not Jet seat "wheel slip" can feel rather nice and be of great usage to aiding your driving. Did have to try several attempts with creating different wav files and using frequencies that I then found worked well or at least seemed more suited to the effects operation and role.

Id, like to give credit here as from an immersion perspective if we compare this to other software's "oversteer effect" the "wheel slip" in SSW, is much better feeling and much more valuable as an immersion tool. We also have in SSW "Lateral G" and "Longitudinal G" being active in corners, these all combined are excellent for immersion.

Three Effects In A Corner?
What I see happening from the audio channel monitoring is that when your generating oversteer or understeer and wheels are "slipping" this also activates the "deceleration effect" via the front/back "Longitudinal G" as the car will also be slowing. Having this effect with its own well-matched frequencies to that of "wheel slip" when both are active can give the user plenty of tactile feedback when they are over-driving with the back end sticking out on oversteer or passing the limits of grip on understeer.

In this example below, the driver does not have an indication for front/rear wheel slip but only left/right.

Blue lights on dash illuminated, then your going to be feeling it :)

You should already know if your understeering or oversteering based on your eyes and steering input. Focus on feeling the slip, react to prevent it, do this and it should improve your speed/lap times. Some sim/games have tyre squeal activate in such circumstance too and people have used the "audio" to help determine when "wheel slip" was happening this again to my knowledge is based on stereo L/R not between front and rear audio channels.

Another Sensation.....
I've even pursued having a new heavier feeling sensation for "lateral G" to emphasise the speed/load going into the corner and produce a different feeling to those others. Having this also active combined with bumps as well (also in stereo) working in is a superb combination.

I cant say how well "Jetseat" can distinguish each effect to have its own or a wider variation in sensation it produces. As perhaps what can be done in tactile can be better represented but from the perspective of SSW coding and effects using the telemetry really well, we have for example sensations here described above that are not felt in other telemetry based tactile offerings.

Curious about Jet seat and would like to try one sometime or to see how files are adapted or made for it to get the most out of its abilities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not in plans, but that's possible. You are just the first who asked for that.
I think we could quarter 8 JetSeat motors to reflect every wheel. Seems to be logical.

As far as I remember, AC doesn't expose info about wheel lock and I use slip data.
As you can read from SSW GUI Lock FX is implemented only for iRacing.
That would be very much appreciated. I wish JetSeat allowed us to control all of the 4 seat motors individually and not just in pairs so each could be matched to a particular tire, but even without that seat motors could be used for the front tires slip and lower back ones for the rears. The whole point of this stuff (at least for me) is to substitute some of that seat of pants feeling that we miss when driving in a sim and I think having different effects for understeer and oversteer is useful. Yes, you can see it with your eyes and/or feel through the game FFB, but so can you see and feel whether you're turning left or right, braking, accelerating or hitting a bump/curb, so I don't get this point from Mr.Latte that front/rear slip separation is unnecessary.

One thing where bass-shakers probably can beat JetSeat is the latency. These vibration motors need a certain time to spin up and then to stop. So, you can't have very short effects, anything with duration below ~50 ms is gonna be barely noticeable (and to feel the full strength you'd need something like 100ms) and if you try to play a sequence of short effects with a very small interval between them it will morph into a continuous vibration rather than a series of short vibration bursts.

Upvote 0
That would be very much appreciated. I wish JetSeat allowed us to control all of the 4 seat motors individually and not just in pairs so each could be matched to a particular tire, but even without that seat motors could be used for the front tires slip and lower back ones for the rears. The whole point of this stuff (at least for me) is to substitute some of that seat of pants feeling that we miss when driving in a sim and I think having different effects for understeer and oversteer is useful. Yes, you can see it with your eyes and/or feel through the game FFB, but so can you see and feel whether you're turning left or right, braking, accelerating or hitting a bump/curb, so I don't get this point from Mr.Latte that front/rear slip separation is unnecessary.

One thing where bass-shakers probably can beat JetSeat is the latency. These vibration motors need a certain time to spin up and then to stop. So, you can't have very short effects, anything with duration below ~50 ms is gonna be barely noticeable (and to feel the full strength you'd need something like 100ms) and if you try to play a sequence of short effects with a very small interval between them it will morph into a continuous vibration rather than a series of short vibration bursts.

Its great to read of a users feedback so wasn't criticising your ideas demetri in what you would like to see. Sorry if that's how above may have come across? I wanted to share that while you said: "otherwise this feature is not very useful." I found that not to be the case regards "SSW" in using tactile with suitable wav files and wanted to share that.

Yes it would be fab to have this active per wheel but I dont know of any current software/hardware option at present that delivers it.

Upvote 0
I just ordered Sim Shaker Wheels, al I have now is one ButtKicker, I intend to order the jet seat in the future.
Can any one recommend a set up for my butt kicker?
I would like to feel the road bumps, curbs, off road and the engine, nothing else.

How long does it take to get the key to unlock the full version?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you for the order!
Start with default settings, I think it will be fine, but switch off Damage and Wheel slip/wear FXs, since those are not in your list.
I send keys within few hours, may be longer when it's night at my location (GMT+3).

Upvote 0
thank you @=Andre= I received the key, all is working fine.
My seat is now talking to me via the Buttkicker instead of playing music as it was when connected to the audio.
All I have to do now is play with the settings to understand what it is saying.:D
SimShaker made my Buttkicker an additional Feedback tool to complement my wheel FFB, hours of pleasure ahead.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 64 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 22 30.6%