'SimShaker - Wheels' support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

=Andre=

Andre
Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wheels" issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wheels is a mediation software between a supported car simulation game and Gametrix JetSeat or well known Buttckicker hardware to provide immersing event driven vibration FXs (special effects).
Currently supported PC titles: iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista, rFactor 2, DiRT Rally, Project CARS, Project CARS2, ETS2, ATS, F1 2016/2017 and RRRE.
Currently supported console titles: F1 2016.

Last edited:
Hello!
Sorry for my english
I use iRacing and tried ssw demo. I will purchse this software, its looks very good. All effects are good but i think the curbs are not the best. When i hit the kurbs i would like to feel a "zzzzzz" feeling, also the surface from the kurbs. I increased the level of road surface in ssw but i still doesnt feel this effect. The other road surface effects also the off road surfaces are good and i feel this effects. How can i increased just the kurb feeling? Can anybody help me? What should i setting in audacity?
Or have anybody a setup and can share with me?
Thank you very much!

Upvote 0
Andre,

Just messing about with your demo of wheels. I have a USB headheadset which I use in my rig and plan to use my motherboard embedded Realtek HD Audio Speakers device for the BKG2. However, even with the exclusive boxes ticked in the advanced tab of the Realtek device, the software still gives a red warning that the device could not be initialised. Is there anything I missed?

Upvote 0
For completeness in this thread, my issue for the SSW not being able to initialise my soundcard was fixed by unpluging my USB 8 channel sound card, starting SSW, setting my BKG2 sound card (onboard Realtek) without issue, then pluggin in my USB soundcard for my rig headset. Works like a charm now.

Upvote 0
A couple of ideas for SimShaker if I may:

I was thinking that perhaps audio to BKG2 is missing something which SimShaker provides and conversly there are randoms in the audio that maybe add to SimShaker. I have been messing about with trying to mix standard game audio with SimShaker to augment the existing effects. I used VoiceMeeter's logical devices that mix to physical sound cards. It works, but there are issues with balancing the applitude of effects, it seems quite tricky to get a good balance. Also, it downgrade my 7.1 headphones to stereo. I wondered if SimShaker could make this an option and do the appropriate amplitude balancing.

Also, I was wondering if it is possible to define more than one .wav per effect. For example a slightly higher frequence .wav for hitting bumps at speed and lower frequenct .wavs for successively slower speeds. I am thinking of the engine speed, bumps and wheel slip effects in particular.

Just some idle thoughts.

Upvote 0
Does your PC crashes a lot?

I would recommend to make SSW settings folder backup copy and restore files when needed to prevent wasting activations.
You can easily get to SSW settings folder by pressing Open Folder button at Advanced Options tab.

Upvote 0
Does your PC crashes a lot?

I would recommend to make SSW settings folder backup copy and restore files when needed to prevent wasting activations.
You can easily get to SSW settings folder by pressing Open Folder button at Advanced Options tab.
At the moment my PC is a bit unstable as I have changed some hardware and keep changin the config.

Will make a backup as you suggest. Cheers!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%