Simtag Ultimate vs Ricmotech GTpro3 vs Simcraft?

Hoping you guys can help me make the call on which pedals to go with. I'm ready to pull the trigger but can't decide between these three choices:

* Simtag Ultimate Black - not a fan of the price but willing to pay it if it's worth it. I haven't seen any reviews on their hydraulic clutch, and whether it realistically replicates real-world clutch engagement?

* Ricmotech Realgear GTpro3 - read reviews that the throttle is way too soft (the other two choices have uprated springs), and I'm not sure if both brake master cylinders are functional (only one looks like it's connected).

* Simcraft - the cheapest option, but no hydraulics.

Did you consider the pedal sets from Heusinkveld? Instead of hydraulics he has dampers bulit in, which should give the same feel as hydraulics.

Upvote 0
Did you consider the pedal sets from Heusinkveld? Instead of hydraulics he has dampers bulit in, which should give the same feel as hydraulics.

I'm looking for a Tilton pedal box to match a real-world setup. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I'm starting to look at similar options as well. I have not heard of long term users of these systems but I have heard of folks that have HPP pedals and have leaks develop, which is a deal breaker for me unless I can fix it myself. I have not heard good things about the ricmotech units, and simtag info is hard to find as well. There is also velazquez engineering, who makes a tilton set with wilwood cylinders. https://velazquez-engineering.com/

He offers a DIY kit if you can get the cylinders/tiltons for cheap, and it is probably easier to fix your own issues. Small US based company and I heard good customer service.

I'm leaning towards the simcraft because of the no hydraulics. I don't feel like the hydraulics are as much of a big deal as the feel, because at the end of the day all pedals use springs and rubbers anyway. I have heard really good things about the simcraft from folks at the iracing forum, who have used HE ultimates and the like and rank the simcraft above them.

Upvote 0
I'm building a Factory Five kit car and pretty much all the builders use new Willwood master cylinders. Those things have horrible QC and tons of new ones leak. Of the two I put on my car, one leaked. After spending too much time trying to get everything snugged up, I called and they told me that it happens all the time and just shipped me another. Just something to be aware of when going hydraulic. Leaks may happen even with new parts.

Upvote 0
I'm using Ricmotech gt pro for over a year (1.8k hours) and never had an issue.

They also have a great customer support. Called them twice to troubleshoot the calibration and they helped me out via TeamViewer until I was happy with the settings.

When I watched the review from simracingarage I was disappointed by the negative remarks on the controller considering that he was the one that didn't follow the instructions.
Also the choice he made for the bushings is equivalent to the resistance of a street car, while the standard set it is tuned based on an actual gt at 75kg.

Definitely a big jump in terms of experience from fanatec v3 and simworx pro gt.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 276 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 222 27.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 148 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 66 8.3%
  • At a friends house