Simvibe / Bass shakers / inuke issue

Hey guys. Desperately seeking some assistance with getting my 2 Bass Shakers to fire up on the new VR racing sim!
The setup:
ASUS XOnar DGX Audio Device OUT (Via Green and Orange ports)
into.Behringer inuke NU1000 DSP via XLR
then out using Speakon/Speakerwire to the ADX Maximumus Bass Shaker.

The plan:
Run 2 ADX Bass Shakers in simvibe on Extensions mode for Pedals and Seat.

The Problem:
NO response from the Bass Shakers despite their being levels on at least one Amp channel.
1. Transducers non responsive- The one channel that is getting levels to the inuke is jacked to the max (A on the PC, B on the Inuke volume knob, C on the Inuke software with the gain set at the max 12db). When I click 'test speaker' in Simvibe I see levels on the Amp only JUST peaking but the ADX Bass Shakers will not budge or make a sound or a vibration. They are completely dead. I am 99% sure I wired up the Speakon plugs correctly (using 1- and 1+ and ignoring 2- and 2+)
2. Only one soundcard port working- As mentioned earlier, a secondary problem is I am only able to get outputs (during the 'speaker test') from the GREEN port. The orange port is silent. I have switched the cables to eliminate that . How do I get the orange or black output also working because I have 2 tranducers an I need one channel for the Pedals and one for the Seat from simvibe. Or is this something in the simvibe setup? I dont understand where I 'assign' the seat vibrations to the green port and the pedals to the black or orange port on

I'm at a complete loss as to what I'm doing wrong. I've searched forum after forum with no solution so I'm hoping it's a simple fix and this will be useful for someone else with similar issues. Everyone else seems to almost 'plug n play' their inuke amps with ADX Maximumus Bass Shakers and I can't even get them to move. :(

Pics of everything mentioned for convenience:
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.30.39 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.30.57 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.31.02 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.31.07 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.31.13 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.31.18 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 8.31.24 PM.jpg

For Extension Mode, you need an rca y splitter connected to your amp, and plug the other end of said rca y splitter cable (the 3.5 mm jack) into either the "green" or "black" audio ports available on your sound card. With your 2 shakers, you ONLY need to use either the black OR green audio ports on your sound card. You can assign separate effects for each shaker independently.

I see in your pictures that you have one shaker connected to the orange audio port on your sound card (simvibe does not use this audio port) and you have the other shaker connected to the green audio port on your sound card.

Upvote 0
Tip for today:
Seek advice, learn and understand before buying any amps, cables, tactile prior to setting up!

The cable needed has nothing to do with (RCA) that is a connection type also called Phono in UK/Europe.

Yes, indeed he should of got a splitter based cable with 3.5mm - DUAL XLR Male or DUAL 6.3mm Jacks, as the iNuke amps accept either with its combo inputs.

What the OP seems confused with, is that each soundcard output contains 2 channels. So with the correct cable, one will be (as his own image shows) with Green the Seat/Shifter section within Simvibe or Black for Wheel/Pedals.

Simvibes own info/manuals make this very clear, where did using (Orange) come into this?

*Note.....

You can place the effects in Simvibe you want for the relevant channel being used. So lets as example go with (Shifter). How or where you mount the tactile unit for this, is upto the user. Basically the (Shifter) section for effects in Simvibe is what is used to determine the effects for this output. Although the tactile unit for this, well it may not be for a shifter, instead the user may have it installed for the Pedals.

Caution:
I just hope you have not damaged your tactile by having the amps input and output gain levels set to max like a loony and then only using 50 watt tactile. Please tell me before doing this you had the amp set to 4ohm and to a 50 watt digital wattage limit. If not this is a great way to try and blow your tactile. :redface:

Please to OP and others, at least attempt to READ the manuals to understand what the dials on the amp are for and get the basics understood. You have to be aware of (input gain) and (output gain) as this is not just like a typical stereo amp. Sorry to sound grumpy but this is at least,the 3rd user in recent times coming into tactile with these amps that has been caught out with this. The amps knobs on the front adjust the input level of the source. The output gain taking into account the source input level is controlled via the Crossover section of the iNuke.

Most users should only need the amps dials somewhere between the 12-2pm position. If you then want more wattage increase the output gain to achieve a good, comfortable power balance with the front knobs at say 12pm.

Then if you need a bit more with some sims adust the front dials to 1pm or 2pm. This way its simple and your not blasting the heck out of the source from the soundcard causing distortion before the amp is even properly amplifying it.

Simvibe TEST
Keep in mind the Simvibe TEST screen is only sending a low output signal (similar to windows, speaker test). It is NOT at this point producing effects from telemetry in how it normally works within a sim.

Place effects in the OUTPUT MIXER segment of Simvibe for the channel(s) you are connecting. Turn on the effects with the on/off switch and then enter into a Sim and you should start feeling them.

Hope your tactile hardware is not damaged but please guys be careful..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi everyone!

SOLO59 - Thanks for the tip on the cable. I replaced it and now the signal comes through perfectly so that's stage 1 complete.
MR LATTE - Thanks for the comments (and the grilling, fair enough). To answer your question though about the Green/Orange plug and why I had my amp jacked up - Clearly I had gotten some bad information online. I had done the due diligence(or so I thought) of reading all the forums etc but maybe I did a little too much research and I have obviously found some unreliable information regarding the Orange output and also the cranking of the amp. I found a few users who had jacked their amp right up because of low output from the computer and that solution had made sense at the time for me as I could faintly feel the vibrations from the test fires.

But it's still not working....

I have not only gotten the right cables, and put my AMP (I think) to 4ohm and lowered the volme to 12-2pm as advised by Mr Latte) I have also gone through and read the Simvibe PDF instructions from head to toe but I still can't get it to work.

Some facts:
A- The test fires in SimVibe setup now work strongly in both Chasis and/or Extension mode (thanks to the right cables).
B- I can hear music through the transducers (the background music that Simvibe plays on startup - not sure if this is supposed to be the case? Or maybe this means they are working?)
C- During gameplay I have absolutely nothing from the transponders aside from a gentle hum/vibration from both units. They continually hum and a very mild vibration (maybe this is because I did in fact blow them because of the jacked amp but I'm thinking not because the test fires work perfectly?)
D- 50% of the time when I go into simvibe and do the 'test fires' on the transducers they work (short vibration). And 50% of the time I get this error message attached in the picture below.

Mr Latte, would it also be helpful if I sent a screen shot of the inuke settings I have also just to make sure I haven't missed anything there?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance and advice.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 2.11.22 PM.jpg

Upvote 0
I also wanted to confirm that I am wanting to run the transducers in extensions mode (one under seat, one under pedals) and I was only in and out of Chassis mode doing some trial and error with the transducers to see if I could get 'anything' to work during the game. The above graphic shows the error report in Chassis mode but it also happens in extensions mode. I am aware that I ONLY want to be in Extensions mode for the seat and pedals.

Upvote 0
Hi, apologies if you read or were given bad advice somewhere. However the instructions are quite clear what outputs should be used. The iNuke is a more technical amplifier as these generally are audio prosumer equipment and not so much general household usage.

For the purpose of connecting and using Simvibe then you should not hear music from the tactile. This appears to relate to you having this soundcard being the (Windows Primary Audio Device) and cables from it going to the amps and tactile.

You need to set a soundcard for windows/system audio (speakers etc) and then within Simvibe select an alternative soundcard to act as the CM or EM based card for whatever configuration you are using. A user running both CM & EM then needs to select two sound cards each for one of the duties.

You should only ever hear system audio/music etc if the soundcard the tactile is meant to be connected to is the Primary Sound Card and you want to feel all audio via tactile.

Doing this is using a tactile unit direct from the system audio. No different to a speaker. We refer to this as (Audio Tactile). However, physics generated tactile like Simvibe uses, we refer to it as (Telemetry Tactile). Its not meant to be using audio from within the game nor the primary audio soundcard. We select an independent soundcard for its usage and then plug in the cables for the amp-tactile for this independent/additional soundcard.

We need to see ALL your iNuke screens to help ensure the amp is correctly set as well but also confirm your amp is not faulty if it has a lack of output. Can you confirm soundcards are properly being allocated for the proper usage?

Watch the latest SimXperience tutorial video that was linked above. See if it helps you?
If stuck about something then by all means ask.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

It's been a year since we spoke, unfortunately had to deal with some unfortunate family circumstances so the Sim became low priority. But She's been booted up again and is working fine... exept still for the Tactiles. :(

Firstly, thank you all for your input but I'm still having trouble and would greatly appreciate your assistance.

So picking up where we left off...

- I am only wanting to run extensions (Pedals & Seat). So I am using the GREEN output only (Pedals & Shifter) but will allocate shifter to Seat.
I have followed the SimVibe instructions with a fine toothed comb and also by following this video:
- FYI for simplicity I change the dedicated soundcard for Simvibe to my ASUS DGX (as opposed to Realtek). This is important to note if reading prior messages in this thread.

So, I have:
- Run the Simvibe/Sim Experience setup wiazard and folllowed all instructions.
- Confirmed my ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Soundcard is dedicated to Simvibe (All other windows sounds are running through my 4k monitor speakers, and gameplay comes through my VR headset leaving ASUS DGX SOLELY for Simvibe.
- Plugged the split XLR cable into ONLY the green ASUS DGX output

**SEE IMAGES 4, 5, 6 ATTACHED VERIFYING INUKE RECIEVING SIGNALS FOM THE ASUS CARD**

This seems to have SOLVED the issue of getting the right signals to Inuke
HOWEVER...

When I get to testing the transducers (REF timecode of 13:50 from this video:
) I get Volume on the INUKE App but NOTHING physically from the transducers.

**SEE IMAGES 7, 8, 9 ATTACHED VERIFYING INUKE RECIEVING SIGNALS FROM SimVibe Test**

Interesting notes:
1. 'Wheel' and 'Seat' produce levels on Inuke which is strange as the instructions said Pedals & Seat would be paired- whatever, Ill just place the wheel transducer on the pedals.
2. The levels appear on inputs A. but when I unplug the 2.5mm from the green output then plug it back in, the Inuke inputs register as B. Not sure why it alternates everytime its plugged out then in again. Just thought I'd mention it.

So thats where I stand. I cant get the transducers to move or even sound anything. It appears the signals are coming from SimExperience control center just perfect and are being RECEIVED by Inuke according to the Inuke APP. So somewhere between Inuke recieving the signals and sending them to the transducers there is an issue.

Possibilities:
1. Trandsucers are dead? Possibility as Mr Latte suggested I could have fried them by putting too much power through the amp. Is there an easy way to test them?
2. Cables are faulty - but they are heavy duty cables and not broken/corroded and I am familiar with wiring.
3. Inuke settings are wrong and is inhibiting the amps ability to OUTPUT the signal after receiving it. However the Amp clearly shows the output levels working fine on the app (Below are screen shots of all my Inuke settings as requested)
4. I am an idiot and still not doing something right :(

Attached also Images: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 (Inuke setings) 15, 16, 17, 18 (Hardware cables)
Any of your generous help and time to assist me would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image7.jpg
    image7.jpg
    310.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image8.jpg
    image8.jpg
    288.7 KB · Views: 100
  • image9.jpg
    image9.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 94
  • image10.jpg
    image10.jpg
    768.3 KB · Views: 131
  • image11.jpg
    image11.jpg
    720.4 KB · Views: 102
  • image12.jpg
    image12.jpg
    770.3 KB · Views: 94
  • image13.jpg
    image13.jpg
    781.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image14.jpg
    image14.jpg
    750 KB · Views: 98
  • image15.jpg
    image15.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 108
  • image16.jpg
    image16.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 106
  • image17.jpg
    image17.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image18.jpg
    image18.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 132
Upvote 0
Hi, the mystery continues...

When inserting the the Speakon cables, did you push them in and twist to lock?

Are Speakon wired correctly?
Is the amp faulty / try opposite channel on amp

Upvote 0
Mr Latte!

Thank you for the response. OK the good news is we are one step closer. I revisited the Speakon cables, pulled them out gave them a jigle, screwed them back in (1/4 turn twist) and presto ONE of the outputs is working. This was a surprise as they were both twisted in correctly - I watched a full tutorial on how to do these. None the less, it appears it was not connected properly.

However, as I said only the A channel (SEAT) is outputting any signal. This is conducive to what I see on the Inuke software outputs (See images attached in my previous post) where signal is passing through A but not B. I then switched the output cables over to physically test the 2nd transducer (PEDALS) and that is also working (Meaning it's not a cable issue) so it now narrows down to getting that B channel output working via inuke/SimExperience software.

Note: For some reason IN ADDITION to the successful 'test pulses' I receive from Sim Experience which I can feel, the music from the SimExperience menu software is also playing through the transducers. Is this supposed to happen while in the Sim Experience software? I would expect not. In theory this isn't a huge issue if its only happening when I load SimExperience to make adjustments.

I'm going to try problem solve myself but I wanted to get this post up to you in case you catch it and can help me solve this final piece to the puzzle. It also shares more problem solving info for others with the same situation.

Will post any updates if I find solutions. In the mean time please hit me with any ideas :)

Upvote 0
Update, I now have BOTH transducers working. (They still both play music when in the SimExperience menu for some reason).
It appears that the Ouput splitter cable (2.5mm to XLR) from the soundcard is at faulty. I cant believe it, after all this time doing my head in it was a janky splitter cable which was brand new from Amazon incidentally. It distorts and the music in the SimExperience menu intermittently cuts out when the cable is moved. Ironically the music in SimVibe experience coming through the speakers alerted me to this when I bumped the cable!

I just ran Assetto Corsa for the first time and the transducers are indeed putting out vibration however I believe these vibrations are merely because they are receiving an audio signal (SOUND of the engine and SOUND of the ripple strips contributes to their vibration) and NOT because they are receiving the signal from the game to vibrate.

I have (as far as I know) completely isolated this soundcard. It should NOT be receiving music from any app. I went into windows sound config and did 'test' sounds. Firstly on my Monitor speakers which are my system default, then I deliberately selected the test sound to play on the transducers. Sure enough the transducers play the sound when selected, however when I select the TV speakers again I can still faintly hear the test signal though the transducers, despite them being on an entirely different card! It's ike sound from the system is leaking into the transducers dedicated soundcard. HOW can the transducers/Inuke still be receiving audio signals (all be it very low) when the default sound device is something different?!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Okay good news, now you can start to enjoy these.

Do yourself a massive favour, start using Simhub / Shakeit for tactile instead of Simvibe it will give you much less frustration. Things have moved on and this is easily now the best software for tactile as well as having a much better UI.

Look into its own tutorial to get started but basically you select a card for it to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got it. I'll gladly get rid of sim experience and try something new. Still trying to ascertain the audio 'leak' onto my soundcard.

I don't think its an issue with the Asus DGX but goto its mixer option in the software and check the playback/record level settings.
Normally this is for the line input of the card but worth checking.

It seems this could be a bit of interference possibly between the motherboard and the internal audio.

If you can try windows primary audio via USB soundcard or set to different sources like GPU/HDMI to determine if the issue is with the onboard audio.

Upvote 0
Mr Latte,

It’s solved. I simply couldn’t get the sound bleeding to stop on the Soundcard I was using. It does appear there was some sort of cross contamination of audio signals from the motherboard- who knows. So in between cleaning the 2.5mm cable which was giving intermittent signals to the amp, switching dedicated Soundcards to the Realtek and also ditching that aweful SimVibe in favor for the much easier (and nicer interface I must say) of Simhub everything is now working. It was a mix of several Gremlins causing invisible problems but it was worth it in the end. Simhub gives nice strong kicks into each transducer and is very easy to setup, I love it. I highly recommend this software.

Thanks to everyone who helped get it all up and running. He’s a sweet photo or 2 to celebrate.

Attachments

• E8F94196-77F8-4F48-B6DF-0E5811B76FC3.jpeg
    E8F94196-77F8-4F48-B6DF-0E5811B76FC3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • 00CC66DD-D48D-4814-BFFE-A378294B899B.jpeg
    00CC66DD-D48D-4814-BFFE-A378294B899B.jpeg
    707.7 KB · Views: 113
Upvote 0
Ahhhh, glad to hear that things are now working better, maybe now you can start exploring and have some fun with this investment.
Nice setup!

So yeah, play around with Simhub, it has more potential and fewer limitations than Simvibe (yes while also much nicer to use).
Please do donate kindly to the developer of Simhub (I have on more than one occasion) as he really deserves it for his efforts. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Ahhhh, glad to hear that things are now working better, maybe now you can start exploring and have some fun with this investment.
Nice setup!

So yeah, play around with Simhub, it has more potential and fewer limitations than Simvibe (yes while also much nicer to use).
Please do donate kindly to the developer of Simhub (I have on more than one occasion) as he really deserves it for his efforts. :thumbsup:
Absolutely. I already donated $10. :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 123 70.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 34 19.4%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 35 20.0%