rF2 Skip Barber @ Limerock Park - Tue 30 Apr 2019

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
GP3?
Actually, the setup options on the Skippy are pretty limited.
You just have to be super smooth. It took me several laps, but eventually I posted the fastest time in practice against the AI. I'll try to get the server up over the weekend, but give it a go against the AI and I think you'll see what I mean. :thumbsup:
Oh my word, yes I see what you mean alright! You have to put eggshells under the pedals and be super careful with the steering. It really does take some getting used to, but yes finally I beat the AI also.

Is it the no chicane layout btw?

OK, so regarding the two versions of the car, it's the "Series" setting in the car tuning screen, and there's two options, Regional and National. Regional has regular tyres, while National has the grippier racing tyres.

Haven't driven at limerock park yet and I've only driven the Skip Barber in Iracing and its always a great time so this sounds like something I want in on

Again denis I will be working prior to the event so put me down as a maybe please incase Im late getting home

I'm in on this one :) will we use the less grippy tyres?
Great stuff Daniel. :)
I'm not entirely sure how to limit the tyre choice, even if I wanted too. I certainly can't police it if I don't, so it's free choice of tyres. :unsure:
It's a tough choice, but I guess I'll take the grippier ones. :D

Haven't driven at limerock park yet and I've only driven the Skip Barber in Iracing and its always a great time so this sounds like something I want in on

Again denis I will be working prior to the event so put me down as a maybe please incase Im late getting home
Of course, yeh I'll stick you down as a maybe again, as you say. :)

I'm not entirely sure how to limit the tyre choice, even if I wanted too. I certainly can't police it if I don't, so it's free choice of tyres. :unsure:
It's a tough choice, but I guess I'll take the grippier ones. :D
Not sure mate but I think when setting up the server you may have been able to restrict the choice to either National or Regional.
But I think everybody would better to use the grippier tyres at least initially.

Oh boy, this is so great! I hope I'll be able to join -- I'd be connecting from Middle East with +4hrs time difference.
If I don't make it, have lots of fun! Maybe some recording will be uploaded to Twitch or something?

Oh boy, this is so great! I hope I'll be able to join -- I'd be connecting from Middle East with +4hrs time difference.
If I don't make it, have lots of fun! Maybe some recording will be uploaded to Twitch or something?
Hi, it would be great to have you join us on Tuesday. First though, you would need to become a Premium member. Details HERE. It does cost 15 Euros for a 1 year membership, but IMO it's well worth a little over 1 Euro per month. Hope you caan join us. :thumbsup:

Would love to try and join you guysfor this. I've been participating in the Wednesday night US AC races most weeks. I've always been a backmarker and have no reason to belive that will change any time soon. :redface: I'd like to join you guys but have a number of problems/questions to sort out first:

1. The car you link to is the Skip Barber Formula 2013, Correct? (Your announcement refers to the Skip Barber 2000, hence my confusion.) 've got the 2013 installed in RF2.

2. However, when trying to practice offline, starting from the pits, the car is on auto-pilot and steers itself into other cars, trees, etc, so I can't get it out onto the track to try! Really weird! Any idea on what's going on with this? (FWIW....Other cars are also on auto-pilot but automatically drive themselves onto the track successfully, when control automatically reverts to me...) I haven't run RF2 in quite sometime, so suspect that I have a setting or two wrong... Any help with this?

3. Finally, what time is practice, warm-up and race in Eastern Time Zone time (US), please?

If I can get these things sorted out (and timing works out), I'm definitely interested in joining you!

Thanks!

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 21 9.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 9 4.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 18 8.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 3 1.4%