Skoda Octavia Cup 2018

Cars Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I hope you did not take my post the wrong way, I'm just seriously curious how that yellow map texture managed to make its way into so many mod cars as its something you won't find on the Kunos made cars :)

Haven't gotten to check this mod yet, maybe next weekend :unsure: From the screenshots its looks pretty good

Don't worry, I am OK with your post and I know what do you want to say. Honestly I don't know where did I find this map file, but we took a lot of inspiration in older Octavia Cup mod, maybe it is the culprit :) But I will probably update it later to something better, I am still playing with it :) The main aim was to keep the main kn5 file in 44MB limits. :)

I've been having a lot of fun with this car today, so that part is mission accomplished..!

One thing I did notice in VR: when running over kerbs (at Road America, but that shouldn't matter) the kerb colour can reflect onto the cockpit roof lining, making it flash slightly. You might want to make the interior roof lining totally non-reflective?
Loving this car, so thanks again to the team.

I am VR user too, but did't notice this, I will check it.

Good mod guys :)

Just my 2 pennies, similar physics to a Audi TT which is a bit light on the back end. I know some FWD - TinTops are prone to this they are my main go to drives :thumbsup:. With a bit of testing pairing it with Shaun Clark's Seat TCR , I clicked 1 down on the dampers all round. Now the car has more back end grip when corning , just my preference in setups.
But as first mod I'm really impressed , are there anymore TC's in the works ?

Fuzo updated Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 with a new update entry:

Update 1.01

Updates and fixes in version 1.01:
  • fixed forced TC and ABS issues
  • improved AI, now AI drivers should be a little more challenging
  • reworked front cooler area and materials to cast proper shadows
  • fixed different MAP filenames for custom MAP files for body, rear wing and interior
  • fixed window decals priorities and overlapping
  • some minor tweaks of materials across the whole mod

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good mod guys :)

Just my 2 pennies, similar physics to a Audi TT which is a bit light on the back end. I know some FWD - TinTops are prone to this they are my main go to drives :thumbsup:. With a bit of testing pairing it with Shaun Clark's Seat TCR , I clicked 1 down on the dampers all round. Now the car has more back end grip when corning , just my preference in setups.
But as first mod I'm really impressed , are there anymore TC's in the works ?

With basic setup the car is a little unstable on the back, you need to warm up rear tires, or raise rear tyre pressures slightly. Generally, there are many options how to calm down the rear with setup :) At this moment we are not planning to do other cars, but we will probably still finetune this one (model and materials need a little more care). Today we are starting our local championship with it (recreation of real Octavia Cup 2018), where our team acts as admin team, so we are and will be fully dedicated to this one at this moment :)

I hope you did not take my post the wrong way, I'm just seriously curious how that yellow map texture managed to make its way into so many mod cars as its something you won't find on the Kunos made cars :)d
Might be related to chrome skins? Kunos stuff just doesn't offer that option. 3rd party material settings are pretty random though.

Our first race evening starts today at 20:00 - PRO category, top 15 drivers from our community, check theirs awesome skins during the stream :)

I've heard you are working on new version, is it true? This one is rf1 one converted to rf2 and then to AC, it is our internal version.
yes, it's one of the many other things I have on my plate, when want to take a break from makng cars.

making tracks is bit easier - at least for modelling , probably harder on textures and making it all blend nicely together, but once you have a library of assets and textures, it's actually not that bad

but yeah, lot of work on other stuff, so it won't be ready anytime soon
the good thing is that it should be more modern standarts then the RF/RF2 version though, so yep, it will be worth it once it's released

if you guys know the track really well, like Mr. Fulin would, It could be possible to give you early access so that you can give me some feedback, but currently there's still quite a few kerbs missing, making it hard to drive the same line as you would in real life

Fuzo updated Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 with a new update entry:

Update 1.1

Updates and fixes in version 1.1:
  • fixed and improved roll cage mesh and mapping
  • vastly reworked rim blur textures and rim meshes (optimisation, new AO maps, new mapping and textures, rim mesh)
  • added new rim blur and rim diffuse texture templates to template pack
  • updated black and red rim textures in template pack
  • fixed wrong front brake calipers position
  • improved sound levels of power and coast engine sound, some additional sound finetuning

Read the rest of this update entry...

Again sorry for my low rating but, 3d Model is good, but the handling is just non existent. You have a Steering Ratio of -20 but in game it's -12.5.

There is no rear downforce, hence why the rear end has a mind of it's own and the Coast seems very low. A lot of the setup settings are maxed out already so the setup file needs sorting, but first and fore most, the steering is killing this mod

Hope you can fix it, otherwise it would be very good

Shaun

Hi Shaun... The real car have the rear dovnforce very (means VERY) low - the benefit of rear wing is practically zero ... The rear wing is basically like cosmetic supplement...

Hi Shaun... The real car have the rear dovnforce very (means VERY) low - the benefit of rear wing is practically zero ... The rear wing is basically like cosmetic supplement...
Arr ok, like the Ginetta G40 (looks nice but does nothing) HA HA

But the steering and setup options defo need fixing

Shaun

Shaun, its cup car, and settings are in range, like they can change in real cup ;)
That values are default for most of cars. Biggest difference for players is in bump/rebound settings, which is opposite like in real car. (to the right means softer)
Btw you need to have right temperatures (80 - 100 °C) and tyre pressure (31 PSI ideal).

@
jlnprssnr you can disagree but explain to me the negative steering ratio, you cannot have a negative steering ratio, and I am trying to help / advise here.
The Steering ratio is set to minus 20 degrees, but when you go in game, it's set to minus 12.5 degrees.
This is totally incorrect, you ask any modder here (not just me)

31 PSI your kidding me, for a cup car running true slick tyres, that over heating straight away, even the BTCC don't run that high not even the TCR cars.

Shaun

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 2 22.2%