So, Who's Looking Forward to VR Coming to ACC?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update.jpg

Only 17 days to go until the new build release of Assetto Corsa Competizione, and with release 2 comes VR.... so who's excited then?

VR, or Virtual Reality, is a relatively new and increasingly popular gaming technology where a player who uses one of the various VR headsets can experience their title of choice in a more immersive three dimensional environment, placing the gamer in the car rather than watching on from a flat 2D screen as has traditionally been the case in game consumption up to this point.

Obviously an ability to feel more at one with the car as is the case with VR is a significant advantage in the quest for sim racing immersion, and as such recent months have seen an increasingly large and vocal section of our community extolling the virtues of this technological breakthrough in modern sim racing.

Now with Assetto Corsa Competizione publicly available and on the road to a fully complete release by the first quarter of 2019, it is getting ever closer to the build update that brings VR to the title, something that I'm pretty sure a fair collection of people here at RD are excited to try out for the first time.

Not only does build two come with VR compatibility for the first time, but also players will be granted access to the Bentley Continental GT3 (old version, new spec coming at V1.00) and the Misano World Circuit, plus further updates to the game itself that include new feature implementation of a "basic" pit stop, SuperPole and various ranking improvements. All very exciting stuff.

So with ACC having been out a little while now and with big updates in the works, the question is - are you excited for build 2 this October 10th?

You can check out the current release roadmap and pricing schedules HERE.
Our early pre release first impressions 'Talk n Drive' video can be viewed HERE.

Assetto Corsa Competizione (build 1) is available to purchase on Steam Early Access now.

Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 4.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 2.jpg
Assetto Corsa Competizione VR update 5.jpg

Check out the Assetto Corsa Competizione here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this exciting new sim from the makers of the hit Assetto Corsa title. We intend to host some quality League and Club Racing events as well as hosting some great community created mods (we hope!). Join in the discussion today.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

So then, looking forward to ACC going VR, plus the new Bentley and Misano in just 17 days time? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Although I was initially very excited with the first release of ACC, checking out all the "stuff" in game, seeing what the UE4 is like etc. I soon became increasingly frustrated at racing on a Flat Screen, the loss of immersion at the start was quite incredible, how did I ever manage it before VR?

I did however persist for a few days until eventually I returned to RF2 & VR, since then I've not gone back nor will go back to ACC until the VR release. I just cannot race on a flat screen any more, I find it a horrendously horrible experience that is akin to watching Chrystal Palarse attempt to play football....simply dreadful!

I am of course looking forward to seeing how my PC fares with UE4 in VR, with plenty of AI and Rain effects in the mix. I do fear slightly for my GTX970 & i5-3750k but I'm determined not to upgrade until Oculus pull their fingers out their collective backsides and announce the CV2...even though that is increasingly less likely to happen which is another fear for another day. But alas Kunos worked wonders with AC VR, it's very smooth and arguably one of the best VR experiences to be had in the Sim Racing World we all live in (thankfully not a Flat world at that...).

In closing I found the initial ACC experience on a Flat Screen a bit like going from a Controller to a Wheel/Pedals setup...you simply cannot go back and be damned if you try!

Funny...I never touched VR again after returning to my 49" ultrawide monitor!!

Vr still a blury mess unfortunetly

It will look just like AC once you turn the settings down enough to get it to work!!!!!!!!! I LOVE VR, but we need a technological leap in GPU and HMDs to get this game running and looking good and not looking blurry as all hell! I dont even get 90FPS on my monitor on a 980ti.

Although I have VR I'm kinda wanting more from it. As others have said the resolution is pretty low, and although 2d isn't as immersive as VR, at least it's detailed and crisp, Ive never had a super clean/crisp image in VR, what with the screen door affect to begin with, guess I need to tinker with my graphic settings again, any advice would be welcome:thumbsup::D i7 6700k@4.5Ghz, 1080ti ,16Gb ram
I just hope there's some improvement in VR using UE4 engine, or is that just wishful thinking:rolleyes:, or will it be more the case of wait with a fistful of $$$$$ till the next gen VR release:whistling:

Very much looking forward to VR release, as there's no monitor next to my rig. Hope they also allow to disable all HUD elements in release 2, I do not enjoy HUD in racing much.
I used Oculus Home Beta to play on the big screen !
I am amazed at the clarity of image using the big screen option ! I really hope it will look this clear once it's properly implemented with VR .
With the big screen optiinoit is possible to get the screen big enough that you can't see the edges of the screen in your peripheral and need to look to see the side mirror .
A bonus is I can run 4k on that big screen and it looks incredible .

Last edited:
Google translate has failed miserably :p

you obviously understand gibberish a lot better than i do:)

He said that ever since he tried VR, he boycotts sims that do not have VR, just like we should boycott sims that do not have proper triple screen support. He also said that he boycotts F1 2018 because it doesn't support VR.

It really is not that difficult to understand the gist of what he's trying to say. Maybe spend less time mocking others for not having perfect proficiency in what is clearly a foreign language for them, and more time trying to actually understand them. And you're a staff member no less. Way to set an example...

He said that ever since he tried VR, he boycotts sims that do not have VR, just like we should boycott sims that do not have proper triple screen support. He also said that he boycotts F1 2018 because it doesn't support VR.

It really is not that difficult to understand the gist of what he's trying to say. Maybe spend less time mocking others for not having perfect proficiency in what is clearly a foreign language for them, and more time trying to actually understand them. And you're a staff member no less. Way to set an example...

I was not mocking him i was pointing out the inadequacies of google translate.
Where in my post do i mention him or his nationality anywhere?
Maybe you should spend more time reading my post more carefully.

Martin....I read through that post earlier, and it didn't stand out to me as mocking. I think Tony was making a joke about Google translate and you kind of read it wrong. No harm, no foul.

I'm looking forward to Misano and the pit stops, which will basically means the introduction of tire wear and fuel consumption to the game! I don't care much about the Bentley GT3, maybe the experience of driving it could change my mind and be a little nice surprise.

Although I have VR I'm kinda wanting more from it. As others have said the resolution is pretty low, and although 2d isn't as immersive as VR, at least it's detailed and crisp, Ive never had a super clean/crisp image in VR, what with the screen door affect to begin with, guess I need to tinker with my graphic settings again, any advice would be welcome:thumbsup::D i7 6700k@4.5Ghz, 1080ti ,16Gb ram
I just hope there's some improvement in VR using UE4 engine, or is that just wishful thinking:rolleyes:, or will it be more the case of wait with a fistful of $$$$$ till the next gen VR release:whistling:

One morning I woke up and open my eyes and had the screen door effect , direct from my own eyes, it was clear and vivid as Fu.... .It freaked me out and it lasted for about a minute , opening and shutting my eyes a few times cleared it up. Haven't had it since and still using VR but that was some weird mofo , Anyone else experience this VR side effect?

Curb your enthusiasm.
Sure they've laid out a roadmap but I think it shouldn't be relied upon. I'm sure they'll try but there is a real possibility they'll fail to meet the deadline as they have many other times in the past. But it will happen, I'm pretty sure of that.

One morning I woke up and open my eyes and had the screen door effect , direct from my own eyes, it was clear and vivid as Fu.... .It freaked me out and it lasted for about a minute , opening and shutting my eyes a few times cleared it up. Haven't had it since and still using VR but that was some weird mofo , Anyone else experience this VR side effect?
Drugs or Alcohol?

Looking forward to the new features, I'll try VR but for me the comfort ruins the experience, it irritates my face and with every sim game I've tried so far, everything further than 10 meters is just too pixelated for me to make out anything. This is my VR experience though, I will try another face cushion for hopefully improved comfort but I'm not sure the clarity can be improved much

I have no interest in VR but am hoping that Kunos can figure out triple screen (and MORE) as soon as possible and deliver again first rate multi screen support.

I must say I am surprised that it looks like they are still very early in figuring this important feature out (according to the linked facebook comment earlier). I would have expected them to know about it by now and work on implementing it and having done proof of concepts by now at least.

I admit though that I was taken by surprise that on EA release multi view was completely missing and going back to seeing videos of earlier ACC presentations all turned out to just use stretched single view imagery. Multi view support is just so good in AC I never expected it not to be in ACC from te start :-(

There are other issues currently preventing me from taking part in testing ACC (control mappings dont stick and I just cannot drive) - so ACC for me ist just a sit and wait affair sadly.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 83 90.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.5%