AC Social Event: Mazda MX-5 Cup @ Spa Franchorchamps - Wed 29Aug18

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I had a great time racing this evening, so thank you (and also being so welcoming).

Thank you also to the winner (I forget your name, sorry) 0.131 seconds after 30 minutes of battling... next time!

Great racin' with y'all! There were a couple really interesting moments ... I almost dropped my beer!:roflmao:

Had a thought ... is there any chance the fast boys could leave a copy of their setup for the slower guys?

Thanks for a great afternoon.
I came second and was running stock setup.

My only tip for the mx5 is to thrash it in the corners to keep tyre temps up (especially after long straights at Spa).

did the server crash?
I got sent back to the main menu after the start of the 3rd lap
Guess not as I can still hear everyone racing.
Sorry to whoever came across my nose and spunout on the first lap.
So far 1 for 3 this week in completing a race in mp without any tech issues :(

EDIT: I just did a file integrity check and 2 files were missing so hopefully this will solve the issues ive been having.

Hopefully that has fixed it David :thumbsup: ..sorry that you missed it, it was a superb race :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race, guys! I had a blast, and I'm glad I achieved my three goals:
1) Don't make anyone crash
2) Don't have anyone make me crash
3) Don't make myself crash

I will be trying to continue this trend next time, hopefully while giving a bit more resistance. Have a good evening, and see you next time

I usually only say this to the missus, but thanks guys for making an old man very happy tonight:p Fantastic race as usual and thanks to Craig @Buster for putting it on. Shocked with my first ever pole, didn't like it though, prefer to be the chaser than the chased:roflmao:

Amazing to watch Alister @Fatalist88 and Luca @quartespeed at the front, how did you get those lap times side-by-side?! And as at Brands last week, thanks to @birle1 for being such a true gent:thumbsup:

Great racin' with y'all! ... is there any chance the fast boys could leave a copy of their setup for the slower guys? Thanks for a great afternoon.
Hiya Ted, I couldn't keep the car on track with standard setup like Alister (yes he did throw it about!). So tried to keep it simple; halved ride hight, increased bump by 1 all round and increased tyre pressures by 2 all round (I'm new to setups lol), it wasn't the fastest I'd tried, but I could keep it consistent and not make too many mistakes;)

Hope you new guys enjoyed the race, hope to see you all again:)

John

i had no business being out there with u guys, but it was an interesting, fun and quite nerve-racking experience. will try again even though i know i'll be "alone" on the track 99% of the time. :)

i had no business being out there with u guys, but it was an interesting, fun and quite nerve-racking experience. will try again even though i know i'll be "alone" on the track 99% of the time. :)

You had every right, please stick with it, everybody starts of being nervous and slow ..you will get quicker and quicker :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race, guys! I had a blast, and I'm glad I achieved my three goals:
1) Don't make anyone crash
2) Don't have anyone make me crash
3) Don't make myself crash

I will be trying to continue this trend next time, hopefully while giving a bit more resistance. Have a good evening, and see you next time

Really happy that you had fun ..please join us again :thumbsup:

I know what you mean, joined in April this year and felt exactly the same way, was totally out of my depth, trailing round the back and making really stupid mistakes.

But as the old saying goes, "you'll only get better playing against those better, not those worse" , which in my case was AI:roflmao: Latch on to those passing you, then watch their lines, where they brake, how they line up a pass, you will get there:)

john

Reactions: M..
ok, i am here after my horrible race. it is alwayas the same problema:the best i think i can do, the worse it happens. i was nervous before the race because of this. i told my wife that the race will go bad. i tryed things i had never done,and i wasn´t focused on doing a clean race. so sorry, @Medilloni!! the first hit was because you went to front of me at the last momento, an i could not avoyd it. the second was all my fault. and the third one, i thought that it would be better three hits than two!! jeje..

OK, I am here after my horrible race. It is alwayas the same problema: the best I think i can do, the worse it happens. I was nervous before the race because of this. I told my wife that the race will go bad. I tried things I had never done, and I wasn´t focused on doing a clean race.

*sigh* Yeah ... me too. :( Worse that that is that I practice all week ... work my dupa off ... and get one second faster than the AI 2 two days before the race. Then the day before the race I go a second slower and can't go any faster. The day of the race comes and I loose another .500 seconds. Every time.:cry:

Nervous I might be able to help with. When you begine to feel like that, force yourself to relax all of your muscles, especially the ones in your stomach and breath. Just breath slowly and regularly. Also try chewing gum or some kind of mints. They help keep your mouth moist. When I was racing real cars I found that the chewing action was very calming ... but I don't have teeth any more ... except for the plastic kind that get all gummed up with the gum.:laugh::cautious:

... and then, there is my sign. The first rule of racing is don't hit anything.:thumbsup: The second rule of racing is:

Drive to Finish.JPG

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%