Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Peter, please could we have our clouds back - what's happened to nice fluffy Cumulus cloud patterns in a blue sky - (I'm using Sol 1.2.3 + SP 139) this appears to be the case with any weather chosen from 'few clouds to broken clouds' dynamic weather off, no plan, and date set - I'm getting bored with perfectly clear blue sky's. How can I get my clouds back? Plus it occasionally defaults to 'Dynamic weather' even when not selected.....
SP 139 installed via CM, Sol, drag/drop in AC root with overwrite.

Peter, please could we have our clouds back - what's happened to nice fluffy Cumulus cloud patterns in a blue sky - (I'm using Sol 1.2.3 + SP 139) this appears to be the case with any weather chosen from 'few clouds to broken clouds' dynamic weather off, no plan, and date set - I'm getting bored with perfectly clear blue sky's. How can I get my clouds back? Plus it occasionally defaults to 'Dynamic weather' even when not selected.....
I didn't do something to the clouds. Please look in the folder /extension /weather /sol /clouds in the different folders if there are dds files.

But do you copy the 4 folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder or the MODS folder?

Great work with the mod @Peter Boese!
I'm not playing nor developing apps anymore since I started a new job last December, so I've only seen videos of Sol and it's really great! So looking forward to have some free time to fix the problems with my Rift, update everything and give it a try!

Thanks for what you brought to the AC community!

But do you copy the 4 folders apps, content, extension and system to AC root folder or the MODS folder?

You can shout at me later...lol, Not sure what I was thinking as I've installed sol so many times without a hiccup.... This time must have had a brain fart as I didn't drill down far enough in the archive and copy/pasted the Mods folder...….. opps, silly me....:redface: sorted now.

Wow amazing !!!!
Great great job peter and Ilja !!!!

I test sol 1.2.3 and shader 139 , beautiful and good good optimization !!
I play VR and i win FPS again !!!

I love you guys !!!!

I've noticed that if I'm racing during the day when I look at the replay its night but then if I move the scroller to the end of the replay it goes to daylight and makes all the replay daylight

I've updated everything to the latest versions

can someone post few screnshots ? ... I've updated but it looks weird/ unexpected
first of all, in CM I see weather in SOL folder and also MOD ? whereas before I think it was only sol ?

pretty much with each SOL , i had to re-twerak the main PP, usually lovering the brightness a lot ( to something like 0.6 from around 1)

running Porsche at 10am, broken clouds,
bit too saturated, too strong ambient

A6A4E2264AC3416DACCF5D89FE1C41222799C1EB

if I use broken clouds from within MOD folder, it looks bit better, but that's probably becasue the clouds would re-spawn differently
this was with the SOL_ACC filter

when I use SOL , it looks quite a bit brighter
E461CB07A14EDCEADC67FD1DA68982FE3725F6BB

at some point, I had similar differences and I had to adjust mostly the brightess on the PP, but I'm wondering if I have something else setup, becasue wouldnt' everybody had to do pretty much the same each time ???

CM install wont work for me except for tracks and cars. I have been loving Sol since I got it working a couple months ago but whenever I start a new session it defaults to a 300x time multiplier. I would love to know how to change the default time multiplier because every time I pause or enter a menu the time goes to 300x until I am back in the car and if I try to view a replay it will be at a different time than I was driving because of it. I'm pretty sure there's a config file somewhere but I can't find it.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 301 34.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 243 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 162 18.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.7%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 24 2.8%