Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hello! Im using SOL 1.3.1 with latest CSP.

When racing in winter (which I first now understood was following the seasons irl) there still is green grass, trees etc reflected in the hood, in lakes etc (example Victoria Lake). I have not made any manual changes more than what should be done with SOL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! =D

Did you install or reinstall the corresponding Tracks Configs and Tracks VAO first?
If yes, try reinstall CSP through CM.

Just wondering what type of performance hit it is on older systems. I'm still running a much older version right now, so do you have to do the updates incrementally ?
Also I see to do certain updates manually, yet others say to just use CM. SOL is fantastic ,but it does get a bit confusing to say the least.

Hi!
First of all, thank you for this brilliant release, Mr. Peter Boese.
I just would like to be sure: The same settings used to install SOL 1.3.1 must be applied to install/update SOL 1.4?
It's a little misleading because the oficial SOL 1.4 install guide has just one change to the settings, which is Lighting FX -> Brightness (set it to 100%)
Cheers, guys! :)

I was able to update following the guide with no problems. Running in VR and everything seemed to be pretty good. Had some audio issues, but I think that's because I made some changes to my hardware and basically had to run a USB hub into another USB hub until I get a longer cable tomorrow.

I didn't seem to have to use the settings in the guide for VR (I think that it was a simple filter or something). Runs fine with my Rift S and it's pathetic 80fps cap. ;)

Thanks again for the amazing contributions Peter!

If you used drag and drop or copy/paste method of new Sol files to your assettocorsa folder and Windows asked you something like “Are you sure you want to replace...”, you installed it.

If you used drag and drop or copy/paste method of new Sol files to your assettocorsa folder and Windows asked you something like “Are you sure you want to replace...”, you installed it.
LOL...true, but there must be somewhere within the game or CM that tells me that this version is installed.....perhaps Sol config V.08 (as opposed to V0.07) might be the answer?

Just open the Sol_weather app. There is a version string. Just look in the little video shown in the overview page...
Thank.j you Peter - all good,

Just a note to others - please make sure you delete the files (not the folders) within Common & Loaded files, as per Peter's Guide, otherwise you may get washed out, almost winter-like graphics.

disable this:
1578508575191.png

edit: lol Peter was faster

Thank you very much Peter, we really appreciate you! Playing in VR and the 1.4 update works a treat and looks amazing :D Thx a ton for your work!

All the best

Hmm, It seems that HDR weather multiplier doesn't work anymore. Is it supposed to be that way or is it a bug ? If it's intentional, then it's a shame cause I liked having it set on 200% :(

Hmm, It seems that HDR weather multiplier doesn't work anymore. Is it supposed to be that way or is it a bug ? If it's intentional, then it's a shame cause I liked having it set on 200% :(
It depends on, which PPFilter you use...

That HDR multiplier just adjust the Auto Exposure logic, which is scripted in the custom config. So with the __Sol filter, no AE is working, but with __Sol_Extra filter AE is activated and a custom AE logic is working. With this you can shift the HDR point....

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 489 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 299 42.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 324 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 153 21.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.3%
Back