Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, so I'm new to ac and I just got it yesterday. I looked up a Youtube video on how to download mods and all that and it said to download sol. So I did but now when I go to a race or anything the sky is black on every track. I don't know why and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated.
Nevermind I got it fixed.

Hello, i installed light patch 1.69 preview 1 and sol 2.1.3 and all works, but i have red skybox with "CSP update to 1.69 needed "on all tracks. With csp 1.69 i have no rain(
20210915125219_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, for a few days i get Race Cancelled error, i found it based on sol planner app, when i disable it error gone but wheather s*cks, please help ,it suddenly happened

Edit: solved by the very patient Mr Boese on Discord, solution here in case anyone else needs it: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/post-3432663

Sorry if this has been seen in Discord already, just adding here in case anyone has any ideas. I'm sure it's something idiotic on my end I'm missing. I have searched but had no luck:

Issue: With Sol 2.1 3 on all CSP versions the AI cars in my game have no headlights.

Things I've tried:

- my car has working lights, the track has working lights; just AI cars don't
- I've tried multiple versions of CSP (>1.7.3), including the latest previews
- I've got 'force AI highlights' selected, but I've tried most of the options here
- I've tried multiple 'vanilla' cars and tracks (Kunos' Alfa GTA, T33, 250GTO, 718RSK)
- after running Sol uninstaller, headlights are back (and blinding me! Love the concept of Pure)
- Sol Config 'Debug Options' page, checked and unchecked 'headlights AI' box (I don't know anything about how this config screen works)
- I've tried full uninstall and reinstall of Sol but no joy
- have tried with just Sol and with Pure, but same result with both
- delete all CSP/CM config and try with a fresh version with default settings

Anything obvious I should try? Appreciate any help or requests for more info - thanks

Last edited:
Hi Peter, Hi guys,

need a little advice.

You (SOL) advice to run the reflection options in AC settings as follows:
- max two faces per frame
- resolution 1024x1024

Im running AC with the vanilla launcher, so i don`have exact these options to choose.
My options in AC settings are:
- Reflection quality (very low --> ultra)
- Reflection rendering (ver low-->ultra)

My question is - what should i choose to match your advice?

i have choosen both "medium" so far and gained about 10-15fps. with it.
Should i go even lower or higher?

Thank you in advance

Hi Peter thanks for all your work! I have an little issue since this morning after one week of normal working system today my game switched day and night. like its full sun at 4 in the morning. Im with csp 0.1.7.6 and Sol 2.2. Do you have an idea?

Edit: I restarted everything and for the moment its returned to the glory!

Thanks again Peter !

Last edited:
Well I'm surely doing something wrong but installed it as it says in the install guide and the recomendations but it didn't work, after searching a lot I saw that you have to replace the gameplay.ini in the assetto corsa documents folder and it worked yesterday but now it stopped working, I did the same and now doesn't work, also tried with different CSPs (1.69, 1.71, 1.74 and 1.75) but it won't work, somebody has an idea what it could be?

1632800189881.png

1632800228204.png

Just realized that there is support section. Anyone experiencing VR issues, black screen or weird flicker, try setting cloud render method on page 7 of sol config to 0 or 1. Had major issues with render method 2 but were resolved when switching back to 0 or 1. Thanks Pete.

Hello!
Everything worked fine after my fresh install of Assetto with CSP 1.76 and SOL but now when I select any weather from SOL, it does not change the ingame setting to that on launch.

So when I select the conditions in Content Manager, no matter what weather I select I always start with clear weather. Then ingame I can change it to Heavy Rain or any other setting I would like to.

Does anyone know how to fix this? It's working but it's pretty annoying to always change weather ingame despite selecting the correct weather upon launch.

Does anyone else have the weather not blending during winter time dates? It blends from one weather system to another throughout the day, but as soon as 1600 happens it doesnt transition, it just changes IMMEDIATELY to the next weather selection, so if its sunny and then overcast its very noticeable. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sol, and im only using Sol as a PPfilter. Any ideas where to look?

I changed some parameters in the sol_config app ingame and saved it but is there a possibility to make a backup of that changed configuration? Where does the app save the configs?

edit: lol nvm found it. at mydocuments/assettocorsa/cfg/sol

Last edited:
I was driving last night, using Sol Planner to set weather. There was a power failure, and this morning Sol Planner does not show up in the in-game apps menu. It's enabled in CM, etc., and the other Sol stuff shows up and works, but Sol Planner has disappeared. Tried re-installing Sol, but it's still not there.

Can anyone help solve this?

Thanks!

I was driving last night, using Sol Planner to set weather. There was a power failure, and this morning Sol Planner does not show up in the in-game apps menu. It's enabled in CM, etc., and the other Sol stuff shows up and works, but Sol Planner has disappeared. Tried re-installing Sol, but it's still not there.

Can anyone help solve this?

Thanks!
Please open the "python debug app" and switch to the log tab there. Then make a Screenshot of it and post it...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 462 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 282 42.7%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back