Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
So you installed Sol and you can't go to nighttimes?
night time didn't work with Sol for me, It worked and works again with the CM - using some GBW package ( which I disabled before , when trying Sol )

no biggie, dont' have that much time to race anyhow, trying to finish this one
porsche_redbull.jpg

Hi.
I installed Sol Beta 6 via CM and now the sky is always set to night but the track light is as it should be. I've tried every hour of the day various dates but it's always the same.
20190220140241_1.jpg

Is there a way to revert to Sol 1?

Cloud movement is linked only to windspeed. Time reference is the systems clock. So no influence by time progression...
Does the time progression also speed up the wind? When I set a fast time multiplier and start a session I can watch the clouds (and stars) track across the sky. Next time I am in my rig I'll have to try it with wind set to 0.

Hi.
I installed Sol Beta 6 via CM and now the sky is always set to night but the track light is as it should be. I've tried every hour of the day various dates but it's always the same.
View attachment 292466

Is there a way to revert to Sol 1?
Please just open the weatherFX app, when you notice such bugs. It has an error report. It seems you miss the shader patch update. Sol 1.1 beta 6 requires Shader Patch preview 46 or later. So just follow these steps:

First: delete dwrite.dll in AC root folder!

Download latest Shader Patch
https://trello.com/c/TIWtynNR/59-v0125-preview49
Drag'n'drop it to CM -> Open menu (symbol becomes green) -> press install

Download latest Sol beta
http://www.mediafire.com/file/crrvty88d5ukdyr/Sol__1_1+beta+6.zip
Drag'n'drop it to CM -> Open menu (symbol becomes green) -> press install(edited)

I was trying to see if there is new app in game but didn't see any

I installed it through CM so maybe I shouldn't have
but it's good that I can easily undo the install, so I suppose could give it another try

although it all distracts me from making cars, which is really what I should focus on these days

so the weather app should be part of shader patch and it's enabled, yet I still don't see the weather app, therefore can't test out if the time of day works properly

Last edited:
ok, well now it works sudenly, not sure what has changed
is the _sol PP tweakeable ? it's bit too bright to my taste ( maybe my monitors are too bright I suppose)

meaning, even if i set the auto exposure target to 0.1 from 0.4 it's still same bright and looks like this, which to me is too bright / washed out

auto exposure set to true
sol_clear
20190220213942_1.jpg

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%