Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
I see, but it will still recreate itself if I delete it so I'd best leave it alone.
Always search for the 3 dots:
upload_2019-4-28_8-55-14.png

There you can disable autoload. But with the new shader patch versions (>90) i recommend to let this activated.

I have custom shaders patch 1.25 preview 49. I still haven't installed SOL but would really like to.

My concern is: is SOL going to cost a lot of FPS?

Also, I do most of my racing in offline championships. Does SOL work well with championships?

I just installed it last night and I don't have a very powerful system, only an I5, but did just put in a new video card Geforce GTX 1050 Ti.
With a 16 car field at Watkins Glen before SO I was getting around 110 - 120Fps, after I get between 90 - 100, so you may lose 10-20 fps.

I have a question though I am installing things with Content Manager by have them unpacked or unzipped by dropping them in. Problem is they don't get installed just unpacked and put in the Mods Folder. How do I get it to install it in the right place ?

I have a question though I am installing things with Content Manager by have them unpacked or unzipped by dropping them in. Problem is they don't get installed just unpacked and put in the Mods Folder. How do I get it to install it in the right place ?
Once you drop them in you need to click on the three parallel line icon at the top of the window and click on each to install them.

I always download and install stuff manually. Apart from setups, I've never really been able to install other stuff with Content Manager. Going back to what you were saying about graphics cards and processors, I originally had an FX6300 with an Asus Strix GTX960. With settings on high I could get up to 108fps. Having upgraded to an FX8350 and an Asus Strix GTX980ti, with all settings maxed I get 74.9 no matter what I'm doing. Might not sound much, but, it will maintain that all day long, whether driving alone in any condition or in a race.

What it will do with all those new features I really don't know, but, they are optional, so you pick what works best for the system you have.

Really extreme as you mentioned in the title ... but perfect example for showing what this new 1.2 will be able to do. :thumbsup:

Will it still be for offline only .... or is Ilja near success to make it also work for servers ?
I of course suspect it's a very hard work asking a long time for it ... that's why I never ask when ... but following all threads here and there is not easy and time consuming.... the reason why for this question. :redface:

Hello,

I have installed mod seems to be working fine. Having an issue with rain audio. Seems to fluctuate between heavy rain sounds and light rain sounds determined by which section of track you are on. It is very abrupt and noticeable. Occurs with any weathers that involve precipitation. Any ideas or have i done something very wrong?

Thanks

Hello,

I have installed mod seems to be working fine. Having an issue with rain audio. Seems to fluctuate between heavy rain sounds and light rain sounds determined by which section of track you are on. It is very abrupt and noticeable. Occurs with any weathers that involve precipitation. Any ideas or have i done something very wrong?

Thanks
For now this is the sound which come directly from Shader Patch. I will do a new sound bank by my own, when I got time...

bsmooth said:
"Once you drop them in you need to click on the three parallel line icon at the top of the window and click on each to install them."
Thats the problem, when I do click on them to install them they just go in the MODS folder.

Just do it manually, download the zip files, open them and extract the folders to where they're supposed to go. I never rely on Content Manager for installing anything other than setups.

Thats the way I always did it before, it just sounded easier with Content manager, unless I'm just doing it wrong somehow.
I was having an issue putting in the MK 14 Formula Ford, as the rollbar was incomplete. Finally found out where the files go and it worked, although there are still some specular highlight files I'm not sure where they go.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.6%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%