F1 2011 Some older threads (archive)

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Just an idea guys, hope it might prove useful to some! *

We've all played racing games online where the first corner turns in to a demolition derby. Sometimes it's hard to find like-minded racers who like to play clean and fair. Your friends list might be a little empty or you might be playing at an odd time of the day when friends aren't online. If this has happened to you why not try this out:

1. Link removed

2. Wait for me to accept the request (will check the gamertag every so often)

3. When you want to play F1 2011 online check the friends list of 'Race Department' (which is viewable by all) to find fellow racers

The idea of this is to have a list of 100 people from Race Department who regularly play F1 2011 on Xbox 360 at your disposal 24/7. If you play with someone and have a good time then send them a friend request. If for whatever reason you decide not to play F1 2011 and/or Xbox 360 anymore please remove 'removed' as a friend making space for others.

Loved the race last night even though i was on my own 80% of it.
Quali - Felt confident. Notified the team "Don't worry i got this" :cool:.
Went out prime for a one lap run to see where the ground lay.. Set a 1.27.5 then boxed to see the sector times, (i'm on to the sandbaggers) :confused:. I just knew Chris B had something in there for me, So after weighting up my options i went option for another 1 lap run hoping for the 1.26's (was getting 1.26.4 - 1.26.8 on average the last day. I had to make a correction in to the uphill left hander which cost me. No prob. 1.27.028 Pole secured -Happy.
Started the race in wet, Lost 2 places before T1 but managed to regain 2nd 2 or 3 corners later when he went in to the litter. I had a decision to make now - Do i take on chris in the wet (he loves it!) or settle for 2nd as i was well clear of third. Chris was anywhere from 2 tenths to 5 tenths quicker depending - I was able to keep up but felt abit ragged. Decision made think of the championship, don't lose 2nd, There may be chances as it dries!. Wen t mix 1 the whole wet stint apart from mix 2 now and then. Chris gained around 12 - 15 sec on me? I boxed early for the options was ok not brilliant as i was nervous because all the water was still about but was quicker than i was on inters - good call..
As soon as it dried slightly i knew i then had the advantage and the goal was to chase down chris. I was flying if i do say so myself the old "everylap was a quali lap" comes to mind. Think i finished 12 sec behind chris but was 21 sec at one point after the stops and rain. So made a good as fight as i could. If dry i may just have had my 1st league win (When the hell is that come eh?) Well done chris You drove it like a champion mate :thumbsup:
Well done Andrew F 1st podium i know your Buzzin ;)
Gutted my team mate had incident - i nearly T-boned him last couple laps - I'd have cried..
Well done all on another well executed race :thumbsup:
2 races = 2 fastest laps
2 x front row. I thank HRT for this great chassis :cool:

I hear a lewis hamilton fan in there lol the "new mindset". Hope it pays off for him! lol

Hi guys,
Thank you all for great race. Special congratulations to Mark for his absolutely amazing performance. This time from a Quali session is crazy!:) Chris and Pawel K were also very fast.
QUALI:
started on primes 6 lap fuel. 1.29.8 was far from my PB on primes, but after long break I couldn’t control my emotions:)
Swaped to the “Options” to get better place in the grid, but I’ve cut the corner twice and didn’t make a clear lap.
I was disappointed but I was sure in the race I can do better.
9th place in the grid.
Race:
I was very happy with unexpected weather change conditions and from the start I jumped 2 or 3 places just behind David O’Reilly after few very nervous laps David make mistake and I got 4th place and try to catch Andrew Ford.
My car setup was more focused for a first 20 laps, so I catched Andrew but couldn’t overtake him in wet conditions.
Every time I have tried overtake him, every time I made a mistake and eventually I lost a small gap. I have changed again to Intermediates on lap 11, and drove alone until lap 19 or 20th.
Than I put prime tires and try to push how much I can. 15 laps to the end, Andrew left the PITSTOP just after me.
I was defending my position for a few laps and I made decision to change my (orange) tyres because it was very risky trying to finish the race on those tyres.
I have set to Options 7 laps to the end and Gavin passed me when I was in pitstop.
I had my best beatle ever with Gavin. He had older tyres but I think more fuel:)
I have tried to overtake him from the left to the right, maaaad:) We have few contacts but lucky nobody was hurt. Finished 5th.
Congratulations to TOP 3 and Andrew Ford for his first podium in carrier.

Round 4 of the Race Department F1 2011 World Cup on Xbox
7:45 on XBL for Qualifying @8;00pm

f1_circuit_istanbul-park_istanbul_turkey.png

Track: Turkey
Distance: 75%
Assists: none
Safety: Car On

Drivers are invited to signup.
Please signup by Friday 7pm or reserves will be offered any empty slots.
Please signup in the following format:
driver/gamertag/Chassis

Host Timo Hoogendorp/the beshadowed backup host tba ]

If the following drivers do not sign up, they will be removed from the league standings and their invitation to participate rescinded:

Jordan Dixon

Sign-ups:

1. Chris Hempsall/TheHemps/HRT
2. Andrew Pienaar/Hamst3r761/HRT
3. Matthew Booth/boothy116/Williams
4. Peter Hooper/Hammerpgh/Williams
5. Chris Cronshaw/UKOGCronnie/Mercedes
6. Timo Hoogendorp/TheBeshadowed/Mercedes
7.Marcin Czop/asmmargod/Force India
8. Dylan Hember/H3MB3RD/Force India
9. David Hoste/CC Victim be/Lotus
10. Johan Lindahl/MonsterSandman/Sauber

This weekend I' m going to motherland so I ain't going to be able to race with You guys, such a shame because I really wanted to race in Istanbul for the very last time. I think Dylan going to be very hard to beat but fingers crossed for Chris Hempsal, I hope u can fight for 2nd. Good luck for the rest of the pack I expect some heat on this great venue and maybe someone is going to stream the race so I can watch it LIVE online ;)

This weekend I' m going to motherland so I ain't going to be able to race with You guys, such a shame because I really wanted to race in Istanbul for the very last time. I think Dylan going to be very hard to beat but fingers crossed for Chris Hempsal, I hope u can fight for 2nd. Good luck for the rest of the pack I expect some heat on this great venue and maybe someone is going to stream the race so I can watch it LIVE online ;)
Haha, is it wrong to be a bit glad about this?

Gives me a bit of a chance now :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 29.8%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • Watch party