Some wip projects

AndreasFSC

Too much going on...
battle1989.jpg

Didn't plan to do it, but suddenly I did it anyway: Silverstone track got some different textures to resemble the 90's a little bit more. Not going to change all sponsors, but a few.

st_trackpack10.jpg

st_trackpack11.jpg

I have started far too many projects now, so looking forward to finish the tracks, release the new UI and send the GTR2 updates. For some reason I love starting these kind of projects, but it always gets too much.
The idea is always to try to enjoy the game after the latest mod is released, but then I start something new instead :roflmao:

Last edited:
Didn't plan to do it, but suddenly I did it anyway: Silverstone track got some different textures to resemble the 90's a little bit more. Not going to change all sponsors, but a few.

View attachment 440990

View attachment 440992

I have started far too many projects now, so looking forward to finish the tracks, release the new UI and send the GTR2 updates. For some reason I love starting these kind of projects, but it always gets too much.
The idea is always to try to enjoy the game after the latest mod is released, but then I start something new instead :roflmao:
That's pretty much the same for me :roflmao: too many ideas, too less time here as well!

Status update:

* Updating super touring track pack. - almost finished now

* Super Touring and BTC-T UI. Almost complete, needs some final touches and podium pages tweaking. - almost finished now

* Also working on a Tinytweak update to GTR2 ai physics to be included in next anniversary patch - Finished

* STCC 2003 (and ETCC 2002)
Project is proceeding nice and slowly. Will add collision feelers. Since there are some shared car models I might make it one combined mod, so I don't have to include many files twice.
Always prefer to only make updates to one file in one place. And that is the reason for the chosen file structure in Super Touring Seasons and BTC-T reloaded. - I have to complete this mod soon, not very much left

* Test track from Toca2. Works in game now, but much left to do.

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* AL Supercars will get collision feelers.

Status update:

* Updating super touring track pack. - available now, but tracks will most likely be updated again later

* Super Touring and BTC-T UI. Almost complete, needs some final touches and podium pages tweaking. - almost finished now

Project is proceeding nice and slowly. Will add collision feelers. Since there are some shared car models I might make it one combined mod, so I don't have to include many files twice.
Always prefer to only make updates to one file in one place. And that is the reason for the chosen file structure in Super Touring Seasons and BTC-T reloaded. - I have to complete this mod soon, not very much left

* Fiesta cup 1998 (Toca 2). Exterior is about 90% done. No interior or physics yet, might have to install Toca2 to check for car specs and setup.

* GT3 Huracan - some exterior details left, then it is time for interior(s) and physics.

* STCC2 tinytweak. Already made, just have to pack it and see that everything is there.

* AL Supercars will get collision feelers.

Status update:

Newly released:

* Super Touring and BTC-T UI - First version is released now.

* AL Supercars - Added collision feelers.

* WTCC 1986 Miditweak - Added collision feelers.

* Formula Raceroom TinyTweak - Added collision feelers.

* WTCC Extreme TinyTweak - Added collision feelers.

* GTR2 TinyTweak - Will be available in about one week from now.

WIP projects, descending priority:

* Updates to TinyTweaks, add collision feelers.

* Super Touring Europe - add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod.

* Super Touring track pack - some more polishing/fixes are planned

Last edited:
Status update:

Newly released:

* Super Touring seasons - fixed some minor shape imperfections

WIP projects, descending priority:

* Super Touring track pack - some more polishing/fixes are planned

* Updates to TinyTweaks, add collision feelers - a few left to do

* Solvalla track - try to improve aiw file and fix some visual things. Main buildings look too plain.

Long time projects:

* Super Touring Europe - add some of Markano's skins as addon series for Super Touring Seasons mod.

Adding some sponsors and details to the car liveries. Not my favorite thing to do :sleep:
Soon the liveries will be "good enough".
I have to paint some driver suits also.
Then I need to update physics/setups.
Don't know what to do about car ID's, there are no more left. All are taken by Simbin or by me :O_o:

pict45.jpg

pict47.jpg

pict48.jpg

pict46.jpg

Don't know what to do about car ID's, there are no more left. All are taken by Simbin or by me
My list is probably not complete (your ETCC mod is not included yet) nor does it consider your private mods (obviously), so at least I do have 25 free ID's here :whistling:
However, I would suggest as a compromise to use ID's of the GT cars or others that don't fall in the same category (usually they are not used together anyway).

It has always been a mystery to me why they changed the original behavior that allowed so much more flexibility - of course they were not expecting to have more than 255 car models or classes, but the platform has ever been modable and at least that could have been considered :O_o:
Still I'm curious if it could be possible to make the game fallback to the old method (having class and categories again), but have no time to try that :roflmao:

I've reduced my GTR2 to vanilla content and had taken some out of Race 07 but I think I'm going to get rid of the rest and keep it for the official content and Super Touring. I had added the GTL mod but P & G covers that so I should be able to have the id's for Andrea's mods.
I did fancy some of the older TCR content but maybe just stick to the modern version in RaceRoom.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 429 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 267 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 126 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.2%
Back