South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Race 1 was prolly the most frustrating race ever. Took a peek at the session info - eyes caught something about rain and instructed pit crew to fit wets. Dang - either the track was wet and the tyres never got fitted or the track was dry and the tyres did get fitted, but my arms got tired of waving everyone by. :hammer:

Eventually stayed around in a private battle not to get lapped.

Race 2 slow start, lost Ken blind spot somewhere in the tight t1/2 - we must have touched as the pit crew shouted something about pitting immediately. Glad i ignored them as the car was still drivable. Then dumped it a couple of laps later in the never ending lefties as i had to lift in order to avoid running into back of Ken.

Was still fun overall - thanks guys. Well done Mark for the double.

Good race last night guys! Low turnout tho? Hopefully some of the regular commit after this busy inaugral month or some internationals join as suggested by Craig. either way it wold be nice to have a full grid!
Oschersleben was a pretty tight track to race on. My setup was'nt all that "refined". So I was'nt quick at all. But I got a good start in both races and once I passed even the quicker guys, it was relatively easy to keep them behind. Obviously a lack of talent would result in a spin and all that good work would be negated.
I had a good dice with Ken in race one for third and managed to keep my place. Sorry for my part in the contact two laps from the end there Ken. I entered the esses completely wrong footed on that occasion and was VERY slow thru the second part of it. That must've caught you out and we did a bit of a dance there for a few seconds. lol

Thanx guys, pitched up without any praccy. Lucky for me i could learn the track in the 10min pre-race warmup. Really nice track apart from T1. Weird corner that. :victory:

Sorry i couldn't make the 2nd race. Had a high veld storm going on and had to disco.

See u guys in the next race.

SATCC - Round 5: Monza - 24 March 2009

SATCCMonza.jpg

Welcome to the fifth round of the SATCC
The following details are for the race:
The race format will be as follows working on GMT+2 time (Local SA time)
19:00 will be 1 hour Free Practise
20:00 will be 10 minute Superpole (meaning its 1 outlap, 1 HOTLAP, 1 inlap)
20:10 will be 10 min Warmup
20:20 will be RACE 1 followed by Race 2.
The top 8 will also be reversed for race2.
Weather: Changeable

There will be no restarts of any kind, so please be extra careful.
We have had some LAG in previous tests, so please be aware of that.
Please do not chat during the races, keep it to sorry, thank you etc.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN JOIN SERVER IN PRACCY AND QUALY, NOT WARMUP THOUGH.

The server will be set to allow drivers to join during Superpole in the future. Anybody that gets disconnected after having done 1 lap in superpole will however not be allowed to qualy again.

Please make sure your in-game profile name matches your GPCOS driver name.

EXTRA NOTE: THIS TRACK IS KNOWN FOR CUTTING ISSUES. SO PLEASE KEEP IT ON THE BLACK STUFF :sinister:

Best of luck to all, and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Watch party