Spa-Francorchamps (The Real)

Tracks Spa-Francorchamps (The Real) 2.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think the file structure might be wrong mate - the actual 'spa' track folder seems to be missing in the path, so everything just gets dropped into '.../tracks', not '.../tracks/spa'..?

Edit: since you've added balloons which needs a new models.ini I'm not sure if making a new layout might be better than just adding a skin in case altering the basic models.ini causes a checksum error when racing online (this track gets used a lot online). I seem to remember I was advised to do this with my Spa Choppers mod, which I originally released as a skin then re-released as a new separate layout so the original Kunos Spa layout remained untouched.

Last edited:
I think the file structure might be wrong mate - the actual 'spa' track folder seems to be missing in the path, so everything just gets dropped into '.../tracks', not '.../tracks/spa'..?

Edit: since you've added balloons which needs a new models.ini I'm not sure if making a new layout might be better than just adding a skin in case altering the basic models.ini causes a checksum error when racing online (this track gets used a lot online). I seem to remember I was advised to do this with my Spa Choppers mod, which I originally released as a skin then re-released as a new separate layout so the original Kunos Spa layout remained untouched.
Thank you very much Mascot for warning me.

For Spa-Choppers !?, i never know.

I'll look into it (maybe a next update)

I found it https://www.racedepartment.com/down...s-and-flags-and-balloons-and-free-beer.27096/ :)

I detected some bugs in your version.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2019_spa_20-2-120-22-39-51.jpgScreenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2019_spa_20-2-120-22-38-50.jpgScreenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2019_spa_20-2-120-22-38-34.jpg

Spa has no secrets for me :thumbsup: :whistling:

@Delta7Fox if you do update things with a new layout (and I think you really should to avoid flak from people who find they can no longer race online) then it might be a good idea to include the original unaltered Kunos models.ini so that it gets reinstated for anyone who has overwritten it when they installed this version. I think there's a copy of it in my Spa Choppers download for exactly this reason - take it from there if you want.
:thumbsup:

Looks nice but seems a bit oversaturated on curbs etc. and yes, please make it so no original files are overwritten.
Hey GTace, If you're using "SOL", Peter Boese recommends putting 80% or 90% on videosetting for a best result. ;)

Attachments

• example config.png
    example config.png
    398 KB · Views: 244
@Delta7Fox if you do update things with a new layout (and I think you really should to avoid flak from people who find they can no longer race online) then it might be a good idea to include the original unaltered Kunos models.ini so that it gets reinstated for anyone who has overwritten it when they installed this version. I think there's a copy of it in my Spa Choppers download for exactly this reason - take it from there if you want.
:thumbsup:
Well, it's complicated, you're right, i'm working on that.

Shouldn't the install spoiler be Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

not just Steam\steamapps\common

I haven't installed it yet but looks like the content and system file need to be copied over to the assettocorsa folder. Just draging the assettocorsa file into common does nothing but add it to the other folders there.

Well, it's complicated, you're right, i'm working on that.

Not to step on any toes because it's your mod, but I think I have followed Mascot's format to create my own Spa folder that includes your changes with the layout format he talked about without altering the original for online races so maybe I can help you figure it out if you need help.

One part i'm confused on though and maybe Mascot can chime in. When I finished, I now have two layouts to choose from (the original and the one I created) plus a skin option. I am assuming that is how it should be, but what I am unsure of is when I want to race offline using your altered version of the model file, do I need to choose the new layout and then apply the new skin? Or does choosing the skin automatically tell the game to use your altered model.ini file so I don't need to choose the new layout?

Again, I hope i'm not doing something that is frowned upon by trying to figure this out on my own. I certainly wouldn't think of posting anything i've done. I was just trying to help you figure it out in case you can't.

Not to step on any toes because it's your mod, but I think I have followed Mascot's format to create my own Spa folder that includes your changes with the layout format he talked about without altering the original for online races so maybe I can help you figure it out if you need help.

One part i'm confused on though and maybe Mascot can chime in. When I finished, I now have two layouts to choose from (the original and the one I created) plus a skin option. I am assuming that is how it should be, but what I am unsure of is when I want to race offline using your altered version of the model file, do I need to choose the new layout and then apply the new skin? Or does choosing the skin automatically tell the game to use your altered model.ini file so I don't need to choose the new layout?

Again, I hope i'm not doing something that is frowned upon by trying to figure this out on my own. I certainly wouldn't think of posting anything i've done. I was just trying to help you figure it out in case you can't.
Sorry I've been busy all day, nice for trying to help me.

We're going to figure out a solution for Spa and others.

Very well thanks to you. :thumbsup:

Shouldn't the install spoiler be Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa

not just Steam\steamapps\common

I haven't installed it yet but looks like the content and system file need to be copied over to the assettocorsa folder. Just draging the assettocorsa file into common does nothing but add it to the other folders there.
I don't know how to help you.

I don't know how to help you.
I don't need help but thank you anyway. I'm just pointing out to you that some people who may be new to adding mods that simply dragging the assettocorsa folder in your download over to
Steam\steamapps\common (like you are saying in your spoiler install) is not correct it has to be opened to reveal the common and system folder and then dragging them into the Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa folder.

I personally open the each folder to reveal the files and put them exactly where they're supposed to be but it has to be at least done the above way. Not trying to be a dick here, thank you for all your hard work.

Last edited:

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 262 37.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 268 38.1%
  • BMW

Votes: 251 35.7%
  • McLaren

Votes: 165 23.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 268 38.1%
  • Intel

Votes: 90 12.8%