AC SPECIAL: Group C @ Feldbergring - Friday 26th June 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi, Chris,
Would like to enter my first race here. Will you include me with Mazda 787B, please?
How do I connect to the practice server? Is it up all the week?
Hope to enjoy the event.
Thx guys

Welcome! Please read the rules in post 1 and 2 :)

Yes, you can find it by searching for "racedepartment". Make sure that your filters are also set appropriately.

Count me in with an ST please!
Bin-dabei-logo-10.png

PORSCHE ST please.

Welcome! :thumbsup:

Welcome! Please read the rules in post 1 and 2 :)

Yes, you can find it by searching for "racedepartment". Make sure that your filters are also set appropriately.
I have already read the rules ( very good ones!) and have also connected to practice server.
I will need to practice a loooooot tomorrow afternoon to try not to bother the rest :(
See you.... :)

Thanks for including me in the shout-out to racers yesterday @Chris Down, it's small things like this that help make RD a great community.

I'd love to do this race and I'll try get a couple of laps in tonight, but I won't have time to get familiar with such a complex and fun track, so could anyone please advise which tyres might be best suited to this track and race duration. If anyone could share a couple of basic setup tips for the 962 ST that would be great too, anything to help improve turn-in and braking.

Please put me on the list in the 962 ST for now Chris, and I'll give as much notice as possible if I can't make it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks for including me in the shout-out to racers yesterday @Chris Down, it's small things like this that help make RD a great community.

I'd love to do this race and I'll try get a couple of laps in tonight, but I won't have time to get familiar with such a complex and fun track, so could anyone please advise which tyres might be best suited to this track and race duration. If anyone could share a couple of basic setup tips for the 962 ST that would be great too, anything to help improve turn-in and braking.

Please put me on the list in the 962 ST for now Chris, and if I can't make it tomorrow, I'll give as much notice as I can.
Hi Joey, hope you can make it :)

Re tyres, I've done a couple of 11/12 lap runs on meds and hards, for me personally the mediums won't last (I'm not smooth enough!), though I'm sure I'll watch @Chris Down do the full race on softs:laugh:

For what it's worth have attached a Bridgehampton setup I've been playing with, seems OK but after a play tonight you might want to:
Soften rear springs 1 click
Soften rear ARB and rebound a touch
Run 0 rear wing, or whatever you're happy with!
Top gear flats out early-ish, maybe play with 5th

Purely subjective of course! hope it helps anyone;)

Attachments

• Bridge_porsche ST Feldberg jp wip.ini
    1.2 KB · Views: 65

Hi Joey, hope you can make it :)

Re tyres, I've done a couple of 11/12 lap runs on meds and hards, for me personally the mediums won't last (I'm not smooth enough!), though I'm sure I'll watch @Chris Down do the full race on softs:laugh:

For what it's worth have attached a Bridgehampton setup I've been playing with, seems OK but after a play tonight you might want to:
Soften rear springs 1 click
Soften rear ARB and rebound a touch
Run 0 rear wing, or whatever you're happy with!
Top gear flats out early-ish, maybe play with 5th

Purely subjective of course! hope it helps anyone;)

Thanks @Medilloni. I gave the Porsche a go just now, and that car on that track... just wow. I would love to give this a shot in VR.

I don't think I'd care if I was 2 minutes off the pace here, I could lap this track all night, and if it all gets too much I'll just pull in at the Biergarten for some light refreshments.

Screenshot_ks_porsche_962c_shorttail_feldberg_25-6-120-23-17-22-03.jpeg

Thanks @Medilloni. I gave the Porsche a go just now, and that car on that track... just wow. I would love to give this a shot in VR.

I don't think I'd care if I was 2 minutes off the pace here, I could lap this track all night, and if it all gets too much I'll just pull in at the Biergarten for some light refreshments.

View attachment 384169

That was my thought as well :D Even if there's nobody nearby, the track and car is still a blast. Maybe that's the standard to which all tracks should be held.

Re-tyres, I've done a couple of 11/12 lap runs on meds and hards, for me personally the mediums won't last (I'm not smooth enough!), though I'm sure I'll watch @Chris Down do the full race on softs:laugh:

Thanks for that John , was convinced it was a 6 laps race, WOW 12 laps, better change my race fuel load.
I just don’t see me keeping my concentration for 12 laps around here.:geek:

Re-tyres, I've done a couple of 11/12 lap runs on meds and hards, for me personally the mediums won't last (I'm not smooth enough!), though I'm sure I'll watch @Chris Down do the full race on softs:laugh:

Thanks for that John , was convinced it was a 6 laps race, WOW 12 laps, better change my race fuel load.
I just don’t see me keeping my concentration for 12 laps around here.:geek:

Do you guys prefer 2x25 min? I don't mind either way. :)

Maybe let's stick with 2x25 with rev top 5 so we can keep the pack closer together?

On Spa last monday I used the hard compound because the mediums didn't last for me in 30 min. Is the Feldbergring less demanding for the tyres? In that case the mediums might be an option for me in a 25 min race.

2x25 is 50 min of racing, that's even better! :thumbsup: :)
Do you guys prefer 2x25 min? I don't mind either way. :)

Maybe let's stick with 2x25 with rev top 5 so we can keep the pack closer together?

Would certainly prefer this format personally. It's a new track for me and I ran a few laps and was struggling with the base setup so at least I have two chances to mess it up! :whistling:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 32 86.5%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 13 35.1%