Spotter in rFactor 2?

I have another rFactor 2 newbie question. How do you get a spotter to let you know when another car is alongside you? Can you use the Crew Chief app in rF2 like you can in ACC or with other racing simulations? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

I have another rFactor 2 newbie question. How do you get a spotter to let you know when another car is alongside you? Can you use the Crew Chief app in rF2 like you can in ACC or with other racing simulations? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.
Yes, Crew Chief has a complete set of rF2 options. The main thing to remember is to turn off the rF2 spotter before trying to drive with CC. My main problem with CC, is that I can never get it to consistantly hear me clearly. I've repeatedly trained the windows voice recognition, but still I get 'Sorry Dave, I didn't catch that.' far too often.

Yes, Crew Chief has a complete set of rF2 options. The main thing to remember is to turn off the rF2 spotter before trying to drive with CC. My main problem with CC, is that I can never get it to consistantly hear me clearly. I've repeatedly trained the windows voice recognition, but still I get 'Sorry Dave, I didn't catch that.' far too often.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. How do I turn on the built in rF2 spotter?

Thanks so much for the quick reply. How do I turn on the built in rF2 spotter?
Turn OFF the rF2 spotter. In the settings, choose audio and on the right side, If I remember the New Ui correctly, are two or three lines concerning the spotter. Slide the volume to zero, and toggle off any other options.
Then in crew chief, there is a drop down box to activate rF2. There might be a few specific commands in certain sims that do not appear to work in rF2, but the bulk of the package is still just the same as with ACC.

You can adjust in the options how often crew chief will warn you. To be aware of who is in your neighbourhood you can also add an overlay from Simhub . Crew Chief can also display 1 or more overlays in normal AND in VR.

I was wondering, is it only in my game the crew chief spotter is warning me about "faster car approaching" and "car left/right" when there isn't one close by?
Also, that radar thingie in the bottom of my screen, Is there a way to actually show where the cars are? That also seems way off.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 440 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 273 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 292 46.3%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 129 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 172 27.3%
Back