SRB BB Ultra or Asher B24 SC

• Deleted member 197115

SRB had advantage before with 7 way joysticks, but new Ascher plate features them too, so it's down to execution quality and Ascher has slight edge there, not like SRB is bad by any means, just a bit below as reflected in price.

I have the SRB gt3 rim and the Ascher formula rim, assuming they share the same buttons, etc on their button boxes I can say both are excellent quality, the paddle shifters on both are great. The Ascher has slightly smaller buttons than the SRB, both feel good to me. I prefer having the larger buttons on the SRB when it comes to the ones with guards.

Honestly, I think if you got either, then tried the other you wouldnt think you made a bad decision, based on each's full rims they are both quality.

SRB had advantage before with 7 way joysticks, but new Ascher plate features them too, so it's down to execution quality and Ascher has slight edge there, not like SRB is bad by any means, just a bit below as reflected in price.
Thank you for your comment.

Looking at the pictures and descriptions, I think there is a significant implementation difference though.
SRB appears to have the 7 way switches up top AND rotaries at the bottom, while Ascher replaced rotaries with 7 way switches.
Is there and advantage of having rotaries in addition to 7 way?

The price is pretty much the same due to differences in shipping costs between SRB site and direct from Ascher.

• Deleted member 197115

Not sure, I have earlier version of SRB and Asher, both without funky switches, and Asher is just better build overall, with better buttons and paddle shifters.
The difference not huge but noticeable, I am happy with both, esp. as I got SRB at a deep discount, but if both are about the same price I'd personally definitely get Ascher.
I thought SRB ships Ascher too, or you can get shipping cheaper direct?

P.S.
On Ascher funky switches also work as rotaries, not sure about SRB, probably the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure, I have earlier version of SRB and Asher, both without funky switches, and Asher is just better build overall, with better buttons and paddle shifters.
The difference not huge but noticeable, I am happy with both, esp. as I got SRB at a deep discount, but if both are about the same price I'd personally definitely get Ascher.
I thought SRB ships Ascher too, or you can get shipping cheaper direct?

P.S.
On Ascher funky switches also work as rotaries, not sure about SRB, probably the same.
Thank you.

Yes, indeed SRB funky switches also work as rotaries.

May I ask how you got SRB on discount? I've been monitoring for a couple of months SRB and Asher for any sales and so far nothing. My interest is if there is any reseller that may offer discount codes or promotions (same for Simucube Pro but that's a different topic :)

• Deleted member 197115

You are really overthinking it, they are closely matched button boxes, with one slightly more expensive and arguably slightly better built.
I have gotten original SRB without funky switches for introductory price from simracingbay store.

I have the SRB and it's a nice box, sometimes having encoders separate from funky is better to not accidentally hit a funky direction in heat of the moment. I do wish the shifters were a tad more solid feeling but I havent tried to tighten the bolts or try different settings/magnets with them.

Other slight con is that there are little o-rings on the knobs that tend to get brittle and snap on their own. You can just replace them with any rubber o-rings in a hardware store for like $1 when they do break. Assuming they both fit the wheel you want to mount it on equally either one is good.

Itll really come down to whether or not you want the extra separate encoders I think, otherwise ascher might feel a little more premium, and maybe slightly higher resale value?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I've replaced these o-rings few times already, but then just removed them, they are not really needed.

From memory SRB's very first unit that was selling at a very good price was a one off that was made to a price - so its fit and finish was stated that it was not perfect. That was when they were selling other peoples units.

I dont believe this is the case any longer and it would be wrong to think that the qulity of the first unit represents the quality of their current line which is more expensive.

Ok, so I'll plan on getting Ascher.

Is there any common wisdom about L vs M variant in terms of being more compatible and universal?
It's hard for me to picture differences between the two. I also didn't decide yet which wheel I'm going to get.

• Deleted member 197115

From memory SRB's very first unit that was selling at a very good price was a one off that was made to a price - so its fit and finish was stated that it was not perfect. That was when they were selling other peoples units.

I dont believe this is the case any longer and it would be wrong to think that the qulity of the first unit represents the quality of their current line which is more expensive.
I don't have Ultra on hand to compare but was looking in depth trying to decide if upgrade worth it. Based on this review from one of the community members the finish and build are exactly the same, spare funky switches, they replaced buttons, but to me functionally they look worse than original. But again, I don't have one so could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Deleted member 197115

Ok, so I'll plan on getting Ascher.

Is there any common wisdom about L vs M variant in terms of being more compatible and universal?
It's hard for me to picture differences between the two. I also didn't decide yet which wheel I'm going to get.
L should fit most common 300mm+ rims. But check compatibility for sure, SRB has mounting slits instead of holes which gives some additional flexibility when mounting rims.

• Deleted member 197115

The verified compatible rims are listed here
If you are looking at a round leather (or alcantara, they have both) rim I'd suggest APS Imola 300, it's better than Momo, lighter too.

I personally would not use a dished wheel with a buttonbox because than you had to reach "into the wheel" to use buttons and encoders.

With a flat wheel these are in reach of your thumbs as they sit just "inside" the rim.
Having controls 40mm back would feel awkward.

I´d also opt for the lighter wheel, you can feel the difference in FFB fidelity and dynamics even on powerfull wheelbases. (SC2pro for me.)

At the Moment I use a Fanatec R300 that I bought used.
It has a good size with 300mm and is not to heavy. PCD is the usual 70mm and it has zero electronics, so should not fail and need customer service :rolleyes:

MFG Carsten

The verified compatible rims are listed here
If you are looking at a round leather (or alcantara, they have both) rim I'd suggest APS Imola 300, it's better than Momo, lighter too.
Ordered Imola 300. Very nice wheel, thank you for your recommendations!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 82 29.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 57 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 18 6.4%