Streaming? Sweet!!

Apps Streaming? Sweet!! 2022.04.07

Login or Register an account to download this content
My apologies that this is not more straight forward.

In the primary BCast.INI is a reference to the theme being used. At this point I would suggest modernASRL or modernVAC as a starting point.

Code:
theme = modernASRL

All of the themes are stored inside the BCast\img folder. I have only tested the modernASRL and modernVAC themes with this latest release.

Each theme has it's own INI file that matches the folder name (modernASRL.ini, modernVAC.ini, etc):

View attachment 562008

Inside the themes INI file is where you can find those value to resize the various windows (and the options for windows and their controls.

Code:
sizesessioninfo = 8
sizestanding = 10
sizesubtitle = 8
sizecontroller = 8

I like for all of the background PNGs to be "pixel perfect", and if you look in the py_log.txt there will be the sizes for all the standings PNGs

Code:
BCast(0.6543): Theme Standing Sizes for PNG optimization
BCast(0.6543): height = 31
BCast(0.6543): widthPos = 32.0
BCast(0.6543): widthBadge = 30.0
BCast(0.6543): heightBadge = 29.0
BCast(0.6544): widthLivery = 30.0
BCast(0.6544): widthName = 120.0
BCast(0.6545): widthTyre = 32.0
BCast(0.6545): widthTime = 100.0
BCast(0.6545): widthPit = 60.0

Please let me know if there are other questions.

Cheers,

Esotic
Thanks man! Really appreciated!
Congrats for the great job!
This is an awesome app!

Also wondering.

Been snooping around in the files to find how things work and I found a section I can only assume are related to sector times? (Saw a commented line about how AC don't natively provide them in multiplayer)

Is it because there is a workaround to display "yellow,green,pruple" sectors? Trying myself to add it to the standing tower for each driver during qualification with mixed results.

Last edited:
Also wondering.

Been snooping around in the files to find how things work and I found a section I can only assume are related to sector times? (Saw a commented line about how AC don't natively provide them in multiplayer)

Is it because there is a workaround to display "yellow,green,pruple" sectors? Trying myself to add it to the standing tower for each driver during qualification with mixed results.
Off the top of my head I'm not sure if it's because sector times aren't shared, or if sector times aren't consistent with all tracks (especially mod tracks). It's probably more reliable
(easier) to just assume something like first third, second third, last third.

The code (maybe AppCom?) knows something about the cars performance delta in online sessions, but I'm not sure if that's because AC is sharing the data, or maybe it's calculating the data internally.

Last edited:
Hello, i have installed and extracted the pack but Bcast is not working for me. Everything is fine, i enabled it, like autocam, which is working. The problem is only for bcast, can i have some help please?

Hello, i have installed and extracted the pack but Bcast is not working for me. Everything is fine, i enabled it, like autocam, which is working. The problem is only for bcast, can i have some help please?
Can you provide some more info about how it's not working? What type of events are you trying to use it with, is it loading into the tray app but then not showing the data you expect, etc.

I noticed that when you use Auto Cam (In a replay), certain system bindings like "Start Race", "Exit the Race", and "Restart Session" stop working (For me, those commands only work when a wheel is connected). This persists even when going into a race with Auto Cam disabled and until I restart my PC. Not sure if it is just me or if something else is causing the problem.

Also, would it be possible to add the ability to have an option in BCast to show MPH for those who wish to use it instead of KMH?

Last edited:
I noticed that when you use Auto Cam (In a replay), certain system bindings like "Start Race", "Exit the Race", and "Restart Session" stop working. This persists even when going into a race with Auto Cam disabled and until I restart my PC. Not sure if it is just me or if something else is causing the problem.

Also, would it be possible to add the ability to have an option in BCast to show MPH for those who wish to use it instead of KMH?
I'll have to research this.

Hello,

is it possible to disable chaser cams? Especially at beginning and end of the race AutoCam often switches to the chaser cam. But this camera looks quite unrealistic on TV so I try to avoid it.

Unfortunately I do not understand all the configuration options. This are my settings:
1655668722272.png

Thanks,
Thomas

Thank you, that helped. During start phase, the chaser cams are now disabled.
But I do still have the chaser cams later on. Maybe this comes from the battleCams - I'll try this.

Is there a documentation for these numbers? I first thought these numbers were documented in the README, but now I realize these documented numbers only refer to the carCameras.ini
The AutoCam.INI should contain info about all the various indexes.

;Drivable Cam Index: 0 = Chase 1, 1 = Chase 2, 2 = Bonnet, 3 = Bumper, 4 = Dash

Well, this is confusing.

Changing this:
firstLapSwitching = 2^1^10
to this:
firstLapSwitching = 3^1^10
prevented the chaser cam at beginning of the race. But according to AutoCam.ini this should replace bonnet by bumper

In the AutoCam.ini I found these two lines:
22| ;Drivable Cam Index: 0 = Chase 1, 1 = Chase 2, 2 = Bonnet, 3 = Bumper, 4 = Dash 49| ;drivableCams = 0^0|1^1|2^0|3^0|4^1 - Chase1|Chase2|Roof|Bonnet|Dash
Which are also not consistent. So, I don't really get the idea behind this.

Last edited:
Well, this is confusing.

Changing this:
firstLapSwitching = 2^1^10
to this:
prevented the chaser cam at beginning of the race. But according to AutoCam.ini this should replace bonnet by bumper

In the AutoCam.ini I found these two lines:
22| ;Drivable Cam Index: 0 = Chase 1, 1 = Chase 2, 2 = Bonnet, 3 = Bumper, 4 = Dash 49| ;drivableCams = 0^0|1^1|2^0|3^0|4^1 - Chase1|Chase2|Roof|Bonnet|Dash
Which are also not consistent. So, I don't really get the idea behind this.
Yes, it's complicated (like in that Avril Lavigne song).

AC has a bunch of different "primary" cameras, that each get their own index:
;Camera acsys.CM.Cockpit = 0
;Camera acsys.CM.Car = 1
;Camera acsys.CM.Drivable = 2
;Camera acsys.CM.Track = 3
;Camera acsys.CM.Helicopter = 4
;Camera acsys.CM.OnBoardFree = 5
;Camera acsys.CM.Free = 6
;Camera acsys.CM.Random = 7
;Camera acsys.CM.ImageGeneratorCamera = 8
;Camera acsys.CM.Start = 9

When you push the F1 key it cycles through a combination of the Driveable and Cockpit cameras. There is only 1 cockpit camera (which is not part of drivable), but there are many Drivable cameras, and those cams have a set of indexes.

;Drivable Cam Index: 0 = Chase 1, 1 = Chase 2, 2 = Bonnet, 3 = Bumper, 4 = Dash

These options in the INI are all using the "Primary" camera indexes:
;DEFAULTS
cameraSwitching = 3^10^15|0^0^10|1^10^5|2^0^8|4^2^5|5^0^10|6^0^10|7^0^5|8^0^10|9^0^10
pitCameraSwitching = 1^1^5|4^1^5
battleCams = 3^2^10|1^1^10

If any of those settings enable the drivable cams, then the secondary list of indexes is referended to know which drivable cams are available to be used:

Setting up drivable cams like this would only enable the dash cam (index 4):
drivableCams = 0^0|1^0|2^0|3^0|4^1

Clear as mud?

Cheers,

Esotic

Last edited:
Hey,i copied the files to my ac folder and enabled the aps in cm but whenever i start a race i get kicked out of the race and my pc glitches untill i close acs..exe with task manager

Hey,i copied the files to my ac folder and enabled the aps in cm but whenever i start a race i get kicked out of the race and my pc glitches untill i close acs..exe with task manager
Try the apps one at a time until you figure out which one is causing the problem.

• Deleted member 590628

Is there a way to add a delay to the autostart so that it doesn't start the race immediately upon loading? If it could wait 10-15 seconds that would be great.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 437 69.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 272 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 290 46.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 128 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 169 26.9%
Back