rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Sao Paulo - Fri 26Oct18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
@Daiman Patel just a heads up just had two DC from server, going to try updating all drivers but maybe server needs a reboot or something before the race? (Or it's just me lol)
Cheers for the heads up mate! :thumbsup: I shall give the server a precautionary restart later this afternoon. If you're still experiencing issues then just let me know, and I will restart it sooner; I'm avoiding a restart at the moment because there are currently a few people on the server.

Okay see what you mean now, during the day I didn't notice it. At night definitely messes with your eyes a bit. Livable but yeah... Should still be a good race.

I'm surprised how low you're running with your settings, as you have a pretty might system there.
I'm running everything on max settings, and the only problem is the boards flickering, but that's not related.
Nevertheless, Thank you for sharing your settings.

hi Daiman unfortunately have a problem with my fanatec pedal throttle , try to fix it before the race but it looks not good , think it's the sensor :(
Awww man, that's terribly unlucky! :( I'm sorry to hear that you will not be able to join us this evening. I shall leave you on the list as a "maybe" for now, just in case you do manage to fix your pedals. :rolleyes: If not then I hope that we will see you next time.

Something is not quite right with this track, I've spent 5 minutes online and the game crashed twice already. And it appears to be using the old pre-DX11 shaders, the trackside objects are shining so bright with PP effects on they burn my eyes out.

Something is not quite right with this track, I've spent 5 minutes online and the game crashed twice already. And it appears to be using the old pre-DX11 shaders, the trackside objects are shining so bright with PP effects on they burn my eyes out.

+1 ..I turned off PP effects and this did help a lot. It has crashed around 5 times for me also, but appears to be better the last hour or so....maybe not it just this second crashed again..

Sadly I have to withdraw my GTE entry, not gonna be able to do the whole race so rather than leave part way through let someone else participate till the chequered flag. Have fun tonight folks :(

+1 ..I turned off PP effects and this did help a lot. It has crashed around 5 times for me also, but appears to be better the last hour or so.
This is why I asked people to provide feedback regarding this version of the track, following the change made earlier on this week due to issues with the version that I had initially planned to use, but nobody got back to me until yesterday. As I said earlier today, every version of Road America that we have available for our events is exhibiting problems. I am aware of the issue with glare emanating from some of the trackside objects as a result of this track being quite old - it is still using the old DX9 shaders, albedo maps have not been applied to textures, etc. - but I did not know that it is causing such a significant problem, because nobody reported it before today.

Unfortunately I have had absolutely no time to test the track myself due to working (ridiculously) late nights at the office during the past few weeks, otherwise I would have known about these issues sooner. I am honestly trying to do the best I can to organise and run these events, but my job is currently taking precedence over pretty much everything else. My participation in next week's club event is already on tenterhooks due to deadlines... :cautious:

Anyway, to try and help alleviate the issue that several of you have reported about the game crashing, I have now restarted the server for tonight's race. However, if this problem continues, and if the specular artefacts are causing a significant amount of trouble, then we can look at changing the track for this evening's event.

Sadly I have to withdraw my GTE entry, not gonna be able to do the whole race so rather than leave part way through let someone else participate till the chequered flag. Have fun tonight folks :(
I'm sorry to hear that mate. :( I shall remove you from the list. I hope that we shall see you again next time! :thumbsup:

Anyway, to try and help alleviate the issue that several of you have reported about the game crashing, I have now restarted the server for tonight's race. However, if this problem continues, and if the specular artefacts are causing a significant amount of trouble, then we can look at changing the track for this evening's event.
After the restart (and disabling PP on my side) it is running fine at the moment, but there are no GT's on the server currently, I'll wait until some of them arrives to check if everything is ok.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 27 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 22 7.5%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 5 1.7%