rF2 Studio 397 LMP2 & GTE @ Watkins Glen - Fri 28Sep18

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My appologies but I just realized that I have my referee education tomorrow and this race will run very late (for me heading out of bed at 5 in the morning, meaning a maximum of 5 hours of sleep, which doesn't seem like a good combination...

I'd love to do this event but I believe it'll benefit me if I hold off and take part next week instead.

Sorry for the late sign-out :(
Oh wow, that sounds awesome! It's a shame that you will not be able to take part this evening, but I wish you the best of luck for tomorrow. :rolleyes: We look forward to seeing you on track again next week. :) I shall remove you from the list.

Ps. There is no need to apologise! :p

Last edited:
Sorry guys. Had a superb weeks practice, was really optimistic for this race, then made mistakes in places that have never been an issue before.

I tapped a car into t1 on the rear, they were able to carry on, but the contact was my bad!

Also I passed a Porsche leaving the boot section. I’m not not sure what happened but the car was spinning quite rapidly in the rear view mirror afterwards. I picked up no damage and didnt feel anything but I apologies if I was involved :thumbsup:

Really bad race for me. Picked up a stop and go before i crossed the start/finish line because the guy in front was way too slow to react to the green and i overtook him! In turn 1 i was tagged wide, and going up the straight i got the P.I.T. manoeuvre from someone, knackering my car immediately.

Limped back for the stop and go, then had to deal with tons of traffic and the other recovering P2s. Managed to nerf Magnus (although i had my nose up the inside i'd say) so had to wait for him too. Decided to pit early to get some clear air and ended up letting Pauli through as he was lapping me exiting the pits. Spent the next few laps attached to his bumper as i was a bit faster before he pitted, which was frustrating, but i couldn't risk a move. This would come back to bite me on the last lap as i closed to within 1s of him at the finish. Decent recovery drive, but far too many mistakes from me!!!

Congrats to Luka, and おめでとう to Taichi! Luka schooled the lot of us on how to drive an endurance double stint, so I can't be too bitter that a little technical issue* took me out of the lead within the final 2 minutes.

*I have the Fanatec McLaren GT3 wheel, and every now and then I get weird bugs with a couple of the switches on it due to the issue that is well documented with these wheels. Unfortunately for me, when I changed my fuel mixture on the formation lap just to double check I was starting on the right one, it bumped me up to Mix 4 and refused to let me lower it. Even short shifting like hell, albeit under pressure from Taichi, I was 0.5-0.8L a lap over what I would have otherwise been hitting. Eventually it decided to work again but the damage was done by then. Pulled into the pits with 0.3L in the tank 2 laps from home :(

また、レースの初め後に、私はたくさんの悩みがありました。たいちのせいで!(笑)素晴らしかった速さでしたから、確かにたいちが第一になります!と思いました。フェラーリの作戦ね :laugh:

The GTE had to start right behind the LMP cars, we came extremely close going into t1 and had to slow down for the LMP cars 2-3 times leading into the first straight.
Someone called Lopez (honestly can't find him in the signups) overtakes me on the left and moves very slightly to the right into me .. **** happens. Almost the entire GTE field gets cleaned up, building up a gap between the classes would prevent this.
The race was basically over at that point, end of story^^

Last edited:
I have to apologize for some dumb decisions on my part - I mostly tried to be patient and hold back waiting, but it didn't always work out as expected and I did some overtakes in bad places (which I usually paid for almost instantly, hopefully just me), or, on the other hand, created some issues precisely by holding back, be it due to the car in front trying to move out of the way or some faster car coming from behind. So as always, I apologize for any problems I might've caused.

Though sometimes it can be really hard to read what the car in front is doing and, more importantly, what it will be doing next, especially if people decide to move out of the way (but I know the urge to get out of the way all too well myself...). And, on the other hand, I think some people might be a bit more patient, especially right at the start.

I can post a recording of my race if anybody's interested, but it won't be a very exciting watch, so...

Thanks for the race.

Last edited:
A good race for me, a couple of minor mistakes but nothing that damaged my car. I was really struggling with the softs giving me next to no grip after about 7 laps.

The start should be single file and like previously mentioned a gap to the P2’s formed by the GTE pole.

The GTE had to start right behind the LMP cars, we came extremely close going into t1 and had to slow down for the LMP cars 2-3 times leading into the first straight.
Someone called Lopez (honestly can't find him in the signups) overtakes me on the left and moves very slightly to the right into me .. **** happens. Almost the entire GTE field gets cleaned up, building up a gap between the classes would prevent this.
The race was basically over at that point, end of story^^
This pretty much sums it up. My car was a real handful after the incident - bent steering etc.

It seemed there was some drama going on ahead with the LMP2s so I thought it best to hang back a bit. Unfortunately Lopez had other ideas and steamed through regardless. A bit more patience at this point would have been better.

Anyway now I've seen some of the replay, I also have a couple of apologies to make...

Firstly to @Roy Magnes for the touch which resulted in you being speared off into the weeds. I didn't realise at the time that you were there, d'oh! My attention was focused on the yellow LMP2 coming up from behind, so when I saw that he had eventually gone past I figured all was ok. Looking back at the replay, clearly it wasn't :speechless:

Secondly to @Victor Jimenez for the contact up the snakey section. I thought you would have seen me coming from behind, but in hindsight this is where I also could have been a bit more patient. I thought I'd squeeze through ok, but apparently not quite :whistling:

Still, it was great to learn another new track, has a really nice flow to it! Thanks btw Florian and Gabor for the tips etc earlier on in the week :thumbsup:

G'day chaps! I would like to start with an apology - this week's summary of last Friday's race is so late that there is not really much point in me posting it... :unsure: Unfortunately I have been incredibly busy at work, and I am only getting busier as we edge ever closer to the end of the year. :(

It was a somewhat crazy race, with several rather unfortunate incidents, most of which thankfully seem to have been dealt with amicably. I would like to reiterate the point that I made last week, after the race at Phillip Island, which is that this is a club event - they are supposed to be enjoyed by people of all abilities - and therefore we should take more care and be more patient when racing. Not everyone will necessarily be as capable or as quick as you, so please be mindful of this, as we are not only starting to see more incidents, but also more agitation and frustration from drivers. On occasion the general atmosphere in TeamSpeak seems to be tense, which could be daunting especially for newer or less experienced drivers. On the whole, on-track behaviour is still pretty decent, and most drivers are respectful of one another, but there is just a hint of ruthlessness creeping in. Just remember that these events are ultimately for fun, and they can be a good learning experience for beginners and veterans alike.

Anyway, that's enough of my "ranting". :whistling: On a positive note, the track was great, the race was entertaining, and we will definitely be revisiting this location in the not too distant future. I really struggled last Friday, and towards the end of the race I was almost ready to just call it quits, but I still had fun. :)

I would very quickly like to thank everyone who participated, and congratulate all of those who managed to make it to the end. As for those who experienced issues, or got caught up in incidents, I am terribly sorry, and hope that we will see you again soon.

On that note, remember to sign up for next week's event at Silverstone, if you have not done so already - the event thread is here! :) Hopefully you will be able to join us tomorrow, but if not then we will see you again soon.

Just a quick reminder, there shall be no multi-class event next week (12th October) because I shall be away at a conference, but we shall be back again for more on the following week (19th October). In spite of this, we shall still be hosting an rFactor 2 club event next Friday which will be a bit different to the norm - keep your eyes peeled for more information, coming your way soon. :sneaky:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 300 34.8%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 242 28.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 160 18.5%
  • Watch party

Votes: 67 7.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 23 2.7%