SubStanding (Extended)

Apps SubStanding (Extended) 2.16

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thank you so much for updating this app, i'm very happy with all the possibilities in the configuration, here is a screenshot of how i use it togheter with track map display:

imagem_2022-07-30_003234363.png

There is only 2 small things i think could improve my use of this app,

1: In the name mode "First Shortened", i think would look better with a dot after the first name letter, for example "E. Andrade" instead of "E Andrade"

2: Since i use a 4k monitor, the title of each window gets very small to read, it would be cool to be able to adjust the font size of these titles, i think specialy for the class standing on the top left of the screenshot.

I know these are minor things and i want to say again that im very happy with this app, awesome stuff with good customization options.

Attachments

• imagem_2022-07-30_002754192.png
    imagem_2022-07-30_002754192.png
    551.2 KB · Views: 47
Thank you so much for updating this app, i'm very happy with all the possibilities in the configuration, here is a screenshot of how i use it togheter with track map display:

View attachment 587326

There is only 2 small things i think could improve my use of this app,

1: In the name mode "First Shortened", i think would look better with a dot after the first name letter, for example "E. Andrade" instead of "E Andrade"

2: Since i use a 4k monitor, the title of each window gets very small to read, it would be cool to be able to adjust the font size of these titles, i think specialy for the class standing on the top left of the screenshot.

I know these are minor things and i want to say again that im very happy with this app, awesome stuff with good customization options.
I'm really glad you enjoy the apps and it's looking really good in my opinion!
I will be working on the names either way to get a few more modes in (especially about middle names and suffixes like jr). I will check on the . As well, to see how I can get it in the best way.

About the titles: I cannot change the font size of those, just the text, so to change the font size I would have to replace it with something custom. I will see how that would be regarding performance :)

Just a suggestion that I leave here...

Having the possibilities to add a colour or a logo for every team of a same car... so, for example, when I play F1 2022 with the Formula Alpha Cars I can see different colours for Mercedes, Ferrari, Alpine and so on...

Don't even know if it's possible

Just a suggestion that I leave here...

Having the possibilities to add a colour or a logo for every team of a same car... so, for example, when I play F1 2022 with the Formula Alpha Cars I can see different colours for Mercedes, Ferrari, Alpine and so on...

Don't even know if it's possible
You can use the badge mode "Livery", that will show the livery preview icon of the given vehicle. Not sure what the liveries of those cars are (sometimes it's the drivers as every driver has their own livery...), but it could be helpful.

1659479449714.png

(Left badge of the vehicle, right livery icon. Parallel mode of Badge + Livery will be coming with the next release)

But I guess custom images or colors would be a lot of effort, so I'd not plan it as of now

Last edited:
AW939 updated SubStanding (Extended) with a new update entry:

V2.10

• make it possible to add signs (+/-) to the delta (modes: disabled, enabled, inverted)
  • add Badge + Livery mode to show both in parallel
  • scale standings titles with the font size (position widgets unaffected)
View attachment 589745

(I still have the Name mode additions on the list, regarding e.g. "Jr" exclusions and additional "." and so on, but I didn't yet get to implementing it)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Mate, I'm sorry to bother you but for the first time since the last update I noticed a small bug

You can see it in the bottom right... that "relative" written right behind the times (it happens also with the global version) because it doesn't go fully away when you unclick "show title"

Attachments

• 20220807162844_1.jpg
    20220807162844_1.jpg
    448.6 KB · Views: 56
Mate, I'm sorry to bother you but for the first time since the last update I noticed a small bug

You can see it in the bottom right... that "relative" written right behind the times (it happens also with the global version) because it doesn't go fully away when you unclick "show title"
Thanks for the hint, I'll fix that. Didn't notice while testing. Sorry about that

Why is there a file create_png.exe who want a connect ???
I don't understand that sentence sorry.

The create_png.exe should only be included "Map Display" not in SubStanding (which this discussion thread is for)

It is used to generate map images. Please read the "Overview" explanations on Generated Maps and the F.A.Q. section about details on that.

Last edited:
I don't understand that sentence sorry.

The create_png.exe should only be included "Map Display" not in SubStanding (which this discussion thread is for)

It is used to generate map images. Please read the "Overview" explanations on Generated Maps and the F.A.Q. section about details on that.
OK then i don't understand.. My antivirus said that this file want to connect... Thanks

OK then i don't understand.. My antivirus said that this file want to connect... Thanks
Some anti viruses do detect this as false positive as explained in the FAQ. I'm just a person on the internet, so it's up to you of whether you trust me or not. And partially if you trust the process behind, to create the file, that could be a problem as well. If you don't, it's possible to use the app it without the create_png (losing some functionality) or you could build the exe file from python (create_png.py) yourself (if you know how to do it).
But this file really should not try to connect to the internet or something similar, so I strongly suspect a false detection

Last edited:
Some anti viruses do detect this as false positive as explained in the FAQ. I'm just a person on the internet, so it's up to you of whether you trust me or not. And partially if you trust the process behind, to create the file, that could be a problem as well. If you don't, it's possible to use the app it without the create_png (losing some functionality) or you could build the exe file from python (create_png.py) yourself (if you know how to do it).
But this file really should not try to connect to the internet or something similar, so I strongly suspect a false detection
Ok thanks for this information. it was just a question. maybe other users 'll be happy to know that.

it would be nice to have the color distance in the global standing, the configuration window should be smaller, make almost all the height in 1080p
I personally don't really like the "color distance" feature, so I'm not sure if I would integrate it for the other widgets again since I'd never use it (that's why I introduced the value 0 for it in the first place). And it would need to work for the different gap modes I guess, while it would most likely only make sense for the "Gap to selected Car" mode and it doesn't really make sense to add colors for the "interval" at all.
Maybe if I have some spare time at some point. But at the moment it's unlikely that it would come soon.

And I guess I can split the config pages into 2 for each standing, to get it smaller again.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Watch party

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • At a friends house