Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Ensure all sound card channels in Win10 are set to full range. Ensure all channels in Simhub sound card settings are also at 100 in the advanced settings.

Not sure what you were expecting but the large BK can output rather impressive bass. So first thing we need to check is if you are getting its proper output. Is it strong but you expected something much more or what did you expect?

What sound card is being used and show installation of unit to seat as well as isolation you have on the seat. To further help we need to confirm setup is correct.

Question for those who use Dayton DAEX32’s, two of my units are making a tinny buzzing sound when they operate. As I don’t use headphones for sound, it sounds pretty bad.....

I don’tknow how these work so I’m not sure if I’ve already cooked them or if somethings broken inside and they’re defective.

Anyone have any ideas?Thanks!

I have managed to overdrive my DAEX32’s in the past and snapped the diaphragm creating a buzzing sound. On inspection there are four arms holding the centre part and one of them had snapped. They have their limitations when being over zealous with the volume and frequency.

I have managed to overdrive my DAEX32’s in the past and snapped the diaphragm creating a buzzing sound. On inspection there are four arms holding the centre part and one of them had snapped. They have their limitations when being over zealous with the volume and frequency.

Bugger, I think that’s what’s going on here..... they’re not THAT cheap (Australia).... I’m pretty sure I don’t overdrive them but anyway, thanks for the info!

Question for those who use Dayton DAEX32’s, two of my units are making a tinny buzzing sound when they operate. As I don’t use headphones for sound, it sounds pretty bad.....

I don’tknow how these work so I’m not sure if I’ve already cooked them or if somethings broken inside and they’re defective.

Anyone have any ideas?Thanks!

Check that they are mounted securely and also that they aren't hitting against any surface when they are fully extended. I had a similar issue with one of mine and found out it was hitting against a raised edge on the back of my seat.

Hello all.
Thank you very much for this topic, it's great to read, although not everything is clear.
I would like to advise you what to do better.
I currently have a Daytona DBS-T1 in my system, front and rear, an SMSL SA98E amplifier, and a Realteus mat.
I'm happy with the solution, but I'd like to jump on a little better feeling. It will not be easy due to the Fanatec V3 pedals, which does not make it easy to mount two DBS-T1 in the front for stereo purposes.
I'm going to put 2 Mini LFEs under the armchair, or one big LFE and a Behringer NX3000D amplifier.
Please let me know if it makes sense and what to choose, maybe someone has some tips on how to attach V3 stereo BassShaker pedals?
VideoCapture_20201123-113116.jpg

Check that they are mounted securely and also that they aren't hitting against any surface when they are fully extended. I had a similar issue with one of mine and found out it was hitting against a raised edge on the back of my seat.

Thanks Paul, i did check that they’re not hitting a raised surface as I’d already installed them and had to move them for that very reason.....

When I tap the “hat” of the offending shakers, they actually kind of “click” or “buzz” so the explanation above about the arms and maybe them snapping sounds like what’s going on sadly.

When I tap the “hat” of the offending shakers, they actually kind of “click” or “buzz” so the explanation above about the arms and maybe them snapping sounds like what’s going on sadly.

That doesn't sound too good and it sounds like you've received some faulty units. Are they new enough to get some warranty replacements?

Last edited:
Thanks Paul, i did check that they’re not hitting a raised surface as I’d already installed them and had to move them for that very reason.....

I had to move one of mine and it started clacking afterward. I could slightly push it and it would stop. The glue wasn't holding well anymore. I Installed a new adheasive pad and the clack went away. It was pulsing against the seat instead of with it. This may be the issue with many of these reported failures. ( as long as the metal spring suspension isn't snapped.) If that has happened, then it's all over.

Last edited:
@Tomber
It seems for me the next stage is happening, my planned upgrades continue...

Well guys, no doubt you know that feeling when you mull over something for weeks, then months and then a year, yet the idea of that something doesn't go away.

So finally, after 2 months of checking eBay daily for a good deal on a refurbed, rack-based model of the incredible Behringer X32 digital mixer.

Finally found a dealer with a fully boxed "B" stock unit of this awesome bit of audio hardware. Whats more for a pleasing £150 less than the current prices.

I thought, yeah is too good to miss and especially as 2nd hand owned units have recently been selling for more on eBay. So perhaps I can look forward to enjoying again some tactile testing, sooner rather than later.

The plan is, this unit will be expanded with an additional 32channel digital stage box.
Both will then be controlled via iPad Pro and X-Touch Midi Controller as previously highlighted.

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Latte , i ve been reading a lot in these topic, im wondering if you have ever considered a corporate DSP, something like Biamp, i come from AV engineering, so my setup is 1 Biamp Tesira Forte TI (that gives me 8 channels of USB) with all the DSP power i want + an Extron 200x4 amp and for now just 2 mini LFE under the seat.
Im still tuning it, but with this setup i can achieve 4 channels of audio at 200W in 2ru, or 8 channels in 3 ru.

Last edited:
Never mind, worked it out. (ish)

I recently fitted 6 Dayton tt25 to my rig which I've hooked up to an 8 channel PA amp. I have 3 RCA to 3.5 Jacks connected to a Sound Blaster card. I get strong vibration from what I think is the front L/R speakers. The others are really weak. I'm thinking it's something to do with not equal volume going to each channel. I can't work out where I set each channel to equal volumes. Can anyone help please?

Last edited:
Hi @Mr Latte , i ve been reading a lot in these topic, im wondering if you have ever considered a corporate DSP, something like Biamp, i come from AV engineering, so my setup is 1 Biamp Tesira Forte TI (that gives me 8 channels of USB) with all the DSP power i want + an Extron 200x4 amp and for now just 2 mini LFE under the seat.
Im still tuning it, but with this setup i can achieve 4 channels of audio at 200W in 2ru, or 8 channels in 3 ru.

Not had any experience with those.

The problem with some pro or commercial type hardware is very high costs. The Behringer X series is very popular with small bands/venues and home studios. Yet even many of its product ranges are available in a more professionally recognised brand such as MIDAS. Lots of mixers also struggle to offer more than 8 outputs.

Amps can go into very high amounts of money. It’s also very hard to find multichannel amps with DSP or any that support enough wattage in a single unit for say 4x or more large BK.

I’m excited with the potential the new hardware route I’m going will bring and getting to play about with it.

Last edited:

I recently fitted 6 Dayton tt25 to my rig which I've hooked up to an 8 channel PA amp. I have 3 RCA to 3.5 Jacks connected to a Sound Blaster card. I get strong vibration from what I think is the front L/R speakers. The others are really weak. I'm thinking it's something to do with not equal volume going to each channel. I can't work out where I set each channel to equal volumes. Can anyone help please?
Check windows speaker config has all channels set to full range. Then check in the advanced settings in Simhub. You can adjust a volume balance for each channel if you find some are lower output.

Which 8 channel amp did you get?

Recently ordered mix of new toys that have arrived.
Custom-made, tour grade and very nice quality metal 8 Pole - 4x 2 Pole Cable, EVGA Nu Audio PRO 7.1 / Sound Blaster X3 sound cards, the much anticipated Behringer X32 Digital Mixer and the Behringer X-Touch midi controller with dual control motorised sliders.

The journey to push the possibilities with sim-tactile continues... :)

Quick snaps / iPhone 12 Pro Max

I just realised the X32 has it's own tone-generator built in and can also apply white or pink audio tests. The main benefits with the X32 are it supporting up to 16 custom mix buses and expansion with other stage boxes to deliver much more than 8 outputs which my previous digital mixer was limited to.

Having 8 channel game audio and my planned 18 channels for tactile from Simhub all routed and controlled from this mixer will not be a problem.

Last edited:
@Mr Latte why not using the x32 usb card? should give you 32 channels, but you are right u are limited to 16 mix busses. so 16 rumblers? that sounds awesome

Not exactly.
Some further info for those interested...

Read this as a blog/info update on my own tactile plans.

Simhub will not detect audio hardware interfaces like DAW software will for all the supported channels the hardware has. It is very doubtful its developer will add such support. Having to buy or use multiple soundcards is not such a big drawback though. USB soundcards (even duplicates of the same model) seem to hold their own individual settings and it's easy to connect these and manage them within Simhub.

I will be at some point, buying the Behringer S32 for the primary connectivity from Simhub. All the soundcard channels can be input into this and it kept in close proximity to the Amps and PC. The beauty with it however is that only a single network cable is needed to connect with the X32 mixer for using the S32 own 32 inputs and its 16 XLR outputs. This means we do not need a cable snake. You still can use SD8/SD16 and S32 additional stage boxes, even daisy-chain them with X32 as well as the outputs on the X32 mixer.

For a neater installation, the X32 mixer and the midi controller with perhaps my 2x EPQ 304 amps (for exciters) can be on a trolly based rack/mount and used from beside the cockpit. This will only need one shielded RJ45 cable between the X32/S32 letting you place each the cable inputs and controller units in different places.

This experimental approach makes it possible to control "each effect" like individual instruments via the midi controller. We then can apply the mix level desired for the 20-25 (or whatever effects) may be used. As well as that I will have full control over the 7.1 game audio to also mix this to any channel for tactile/speaker or subwoofer roles. I can send the same "effect" or channel "input" to one or all outputs and each with its own audio processing. We do this via the bus sends to determine the "mix" for each output.

The primary difference to what I was doing before is that now It's possible to apply all the crossover EQ and other audio management desired for "individual effects" No longer is it a case of multiple effects already coming out as a mix from Simhubs own output mixer. Those being combined and treated as one channel and us only then applying any audio processing with this already created mix.

We use Simhub to determine how/when effects operate as to their sensitivity and telemetry data and then what Hz they generate. I believe this new approach will give more control than ever over how individual effects can be made to feel. It kinda opens up a new door of potential and control.

I now can create my own mix direct on the X32 but from the midi controller in realtime, save good settings as "scenes" for individual cars or sims. Load these up and I can instantly see what it is for and the motorised sliders all fall into position for the values saved or being used.

This gives an idea but not representative of my usage case scenario. See 4:50 & 7:20

Behringer X Touch

Simhub effects example, channel strips colours and names

7.1 Audio example, channel strips colours and names

It's rather cool but yes extensive and pushing the boundaries but that's been my aim and something that just continued to progress to this level.

If that's not enough, I will then be duplicating certain specific channels via Behringer MS8000 units.
The reason for this is to firstly reduce the workload and number of output channels but still accommodate my own preferred "Dual Role" installation approach. So at the last part of the chain, I will still use the DSP within the amps from each generated "mix bus channel" relevant to the tactile hardware that the amp is powering.

So to put it simply, I can achieve a "tuned mix" / "unrestricted tuned effects" / "tuned amp outputs" all controlled for the individual BK or TST units operation. An effect that contains very low bass but also mid-high range bass frequencies. This will be divided over the BK/TST units as they each have their own performance benefits. So only the desired frequencies being sent to each transducer device for whatever role it primarily has on the rig. Now as for the EPQ 304 amps which do not have DSP then they will be dealt with suitable crossover and EQ via the X32.

The plan is at 18-20 tactile channels but it will be 24-26 operational transducer units for the whole rig. Then we have the actual audio with also applying fairly competent, dual Yamaha sound-bars (1xL 1xR) installed in the floor of the build firing up and accompanied with 4x Pioneer 12" tube subwoofers (1 each corner).

Perhaps extremely different from anything anyone else is doing but fully focused on "audio" based immersion and taking things discovered or via creative means to my own curiosity and imagination.

It should be a fun ride.

Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 26 16.7%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 6.4%