Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Hi all. Just finished fase 1 of my tactiele setup. its a blast, especially the harmonic profile for the Aston in acc is great. Unfortunatly it’s not so great for other cars though. How do you adjust this for other cars? anyone has any files foremother cars the want to share? Thanks in advance…

Hi all. Just finished fase 1 of my tactiele setup. its a blast, especially the harmonic profile for the Aston in acc is great. Unfortunatly it’s not so great for other cars though. How do you adjust this for other cars? anyone has any files foremother cars the want to share? Thanks in advance…
One thing i can suggest is to keep the strain and lower part of that effect but also add a parametric rpm effect. This you can then use the slider to get a feel that might be better for other cars but still get the lower and strain from the aston effect.

Ill be straight up....I didn't ready all the prior 262 pages so apologize if this been brought up before.

I'm running a buttkicker gamer 2 mounted under my seat, 3 Xbox rumble pedals attached to each pedal using simhub/Arduino to run them.

Everything works most of the time but I do have random sessions when it seems like the signal is not being picked up and all the motors are silent.
I'll increase the volume a bit and they will kickin' super strong than when I turn it down to prevent clipping they will go silent again.

Any solution or tips that might help this?
It's also hit or miss with some titles too.
IRacing works 99 % of the time.
AMS2 I have to increase the the volume to pick up the signal.
Forza horizon 5 rarely works...when it does it's decent but usually stops after entering the menus

Ill be straight up....I didn't ready all the prior 262 pages so apologize if this been brought up before.

I'm running a buttkicker gamer 2 mounted under my seat, 3 Xbox rumble pedals attached to each pedal using simhub/Arduino to run them.

Everything works most of the time but I do have random sessions when it seems like the signal is not being picked up and all the motors are silent.
I'll increase the volume a bit and they will kickin' super strong than when I turn it down to prevent clipping they will go silent again.

Any solution or tips that might help this?
It's also hit or miss with some titles too.
IRacing works 99 % of the time.
AMS2 I have to increase the the volume to pick up the signal.
Forza horizon 5 rarely works...when it does it's decent but usually stops after entering the menus
you may have to make a profile for the different games if you are using the same one across them all.

It could be that the telelmetry is at different levels for iracing which seems to work well and not so well tuned for the other games .

so stuff like slip or lock, you may have to change its values so it kicks in earlier for the other titles.

I get weird sound issues on boot up sometimes, but the card is always recognised. Sometimes I need to open the Creative software and the sounds comes back, other times I only have the sub channel working and have to reboot, like exactly right now. So annoying.

I'm having issues with my Soundblaster X4.

Frequently when I power up my gaming computer, the X4 comes up looking correct. In windows it shows up as 7.1 and in the creative software it shows direct, but I only get 2 channels working.

Everything looks fine in SimHub as well. All 8 channels show, but only 2 channels work.

If I pull the USB cable and reconnect it, then it still comes back up as 7.1 and direct but all 8 channels now work.

I have to be careful that I exit out of SimHub before I do this otherwise I have to re-enable the X4 and more critically, remap all my output channels for each effect. Ugh!

This happened after I updated to the latest Firmware and driver from Soundblaster.
Before these updates it seemed to work intermittently, but would sometimes come up as only stereo in windows.

I'm debating removing SimHub from my automatically starting programs to avoid accidentally clearing out my output channel mappings.

How is everyone connecting their wires to their buttkickers? Banana plugs? straight up? tinning the ends then connecting them? Banana Plugs seem like it would be a tight fit under the seat and in similar setups.

Last edited:
How is everyone connecting their wires to their buttkickers? Banana plugs? straight up? tinning the ends then connecting them? Banana Plugs seem like it would be a tight fit under the seat and in similar setups.
I'm using twisted bare copper, or tinned.

The BK-CT's allow comfortable insertion of wire if you twist it a bit. They have twist to tighten connectors.
The TST's come come with pre-tinned wire hard wired.
They Dayton exciters take Spade connectors.
Aura's have spring loaded connectors, twisted or tinned wires work.

There is no room for banana cables on any transducers I've seen.

I'm using twisted bare copper, or tinned.

The BK-CT's allow comfortable insertion of wire if you twist it a bit. They have twist to tighten connectors.
The TST's come come with pre-tinned wire hard wired.
They Dayton exciters take Spade connectors.
Aura's have spring loaded connectors, twisted or tinned wires work.

There is no room for banana cables on any transducers I've seen.

Yeah, I just tinned mine for the BKA's I have, didn't want to have to worry about the wires flaking out and such.

Also, I just realized that I bought the wrong XLR cables for my amp. I got female XLR when I need male XLR cables. So now I have to wait for those to come in.

Last edited:
Sorry if this has been discussed (260 pages…whew), but has anyone used transducers under the pedal plate in addition to Sim3D pedal motors (at the same time)?

I have an 80/20 rig with a non-bucket seat (Sparco R333), planning to add a buttkicker LFE under the seat, a Buttkicker Advance bolted to the pedal plate and Sim3D motors to my Meca Cup1 pedals. My plan is to bolt the LFE to either MDF board or a steel plate and sandwich that between the seat and the sliders.

1. Will it be too much going on at the pedals (signals not distinct enough or one overpowering the other)?
  2. Will the LFE under seat by itself be enough to convey engine rumble, gear shifts, bumps/kerbs and traction loss?
  3. Will the Behringer NX1000D be enough for both Buttkickers or should I step up to the NX3000D? (Amp recommendations are welcome)
  4. Any other suggestions?
Hi BP,

Ok your request for help from anyone running (the amazing) sim3d and high end pedal mounted transducers too is quite a niche/ limited/ pool I expect possibly…

However yes I am running Sim3d pedal motors and a Reckhorn BS under my pedal plate on very recently purchased Heusinkveld Ultmate+ (So very similar to your meca cup one pedal set up)

So to answer your question-

• “Will it be too much going on at the pedals (signals not distinct enough or one overpowering the other)?
I would say you do have to be careful with what effects you run of the pedal mounted transducer to keep the clarity there… same with the pedal motors too.

From memory I just use wheel lock on the brake motor, and wheel slip on accelerator only… and very basic gear shift/ kerb/ engine feedback on the transducer beneath my pedals.

The key is adjusting the power of these to work well together, so that the pedal motors are still above the other effects, but with out giving industrial white finger of the toes due to over vibration :)

I have mine set at a level where these now work well together, the pedal motors can be felt if over braking/ locking up, and the accelerator feeling is there if be too strong on the accelerator too.

I have found the effects of the pedal motors are more muted than on the Thrustmaster TCLm pedals I had them in before, as the Heusinkvelds are like a tank in build quality compared to the TMs so that fact goes some way to deaden the effect a little anyways.

I have 2 transducers in my seat, one a bottom and another mid back, both are mounted directly to the seat with industrial Velcro.

I also have a left and right buttkicker gamer 2 mounted to the seat side mount bolts/ brackets that I use for kerb feed back based on kerb location.

As I said the key is to develop your profile in Simhub to match your personal requirement, this takes time but is perfectly doable… and one persons set up is not easily transferrable to other due to different kit, mounting points, and the rig type/ brand that it’s mounted too as well.

I hope this helps you BP :)

Last edited:
I used double screw banana plugs, Nakamichi brand to be specific. The wires aren't going anywhere.

4a18d77f_vbattach132586.jpeg

I accidentally bought a T.racks DSP 4x4 mini with an EU power cord and am located in the US. Does anyone know if there is a safe way to use the unit with a US power cord?

• Deleted member 197115

What happened to RaceBass I wonder, anyone purchased anything from SimTag?

The simple answer is yes. The first sets of RaceBass isolators sold out and another batch is being put together. The first run of seat plates and brackets has been fabricated and some people who purchased them had them shipped before powder coat so they could get them faster. Others are waiting for powder coating to be completed.

In addition a number of professional drivers have ordered full SimTag rigs with RaceBass system installed using RaceBass effects, isolation and recommended transducers, amplifiers etc..

The discussion of everything RaceBass related has moved to a customer only area.

The customer area currently has 32 people not including admins etc.. Last week saw 4 new people. That doesn't include the professional drivers and others who purchased turnkey systems.

Last edited:
Yeah, simtag are selling the gear but it's all via email, nothing on the website.

If you are looking for profiles it seems unclear how you get them.. Latte was dancing on the head of a pin everytime there was a suggestion if they would be free or not, always saying they wont be paid for but it seems they are. Thats not a big deal, I dont understand why he did so much dancing around what was going to be the inevitable.

simtag have replied in email saying they dont supply any profiles with the racebass stuff and direct you to the RB discord. They were taking donations to get access to the profiles.

It seems as a product, there are basic things to be sorted as to what and how you get things that were talked about..

• Deleted member 197115

Thats not a big deal, I dont understand why he did so much dancing around what was going to be the inevitable.
Wasn't Wotever not happy about what is essentially 3rd party commercialization of SimHub?
May be they sorted it out between themselves.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 544 68.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 343 43.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 363 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 183 23.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 214 27.0%
Back