Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

Thanks again for posting your setup. I finally was able to spend some time on a x32 and it wasn’t as confusing as I thought it would be.

I still have some questions if you wouldn’t mind. I also understand your setup isn’t a typical use case and things can be done for less money. However, the appeal of clean cable management and full control of the audio is massively appealing to me.
Very few with sim rigs will go to such lengths but yes I believe there are some with an interest to push things a bit further with tactile. Some may appreciate doing more with cable management and seek to use quality connectors or interconnects.

For my seats 8xEXC I will use Banana based connections and some form of AV style connection plate. Yes I want it to look professional/tidy and be of excellent quality. I am not a spring clip type of guy for my audio, even though it would work fine. Part of the plesure in building my rig that is so audio/tacile focused will be on going the extra mile with cabling etc.

For the Seat, I want a tidy simple single cable from the back of the seat for the 8 EXC. I have shared some ideas with Mark. I think after looking into things it does not suit to have the connection box on the seat itself. So the solution I like best has yet to be decided.

1. Are you running the s32 because of the 16 balanced outputs? For cabling I assume you’re running a balanced XLR to bare wire (then installing your choice of connector).

2. Do you have a preference on connectors for the exciters and the BK’s? I picked up some gold plated female spade and banana plug connectors, but wasn’t sure if there was a better option.

3. With all the motion cabling and possible interference, I’m assuming running balanced cables throughout would be the safe choice?

4. I’m assuming I don’t need to use the DSP function in the amps and that would be setup in the mixer?

5. For the exciters, are you using the x32 aux sends to the ha6000, or are you solely controlling it from the ha6000?
1. The S32 makes it possible to have 32 Inputs and 16 Mix Buses via XLR. The reason for the 32 inputs is so that I can (if I want) have individual "Simhub Effects" being output as/on individual channels. So 4x 8 channel soundcards (including 7.1 audio). I have not decided yet which approach or option may work best for me. Only when I have the new section of the rig built and the tactile re-installed can I test more the potential with the options possible.

Why would I do that?
It means all the mixing can be done within the mixer, not needing to mess around with altering Simhub outputs for different transducers/channels. With each effect type treated as an individual input, the effect could have its own EQ or you could just decide to EQ at the Mixbus stage.

I can very easily just go to a Mixbus and manage the slider volume for any of the effects (32 inputs) to output on whatever transducer unit. We can then do other things you cant do in Simhub, like "Solo" a specific effect without having to turn off all the other effects, and we can more easily mute effects. It is also possible to create DCA groups so that you could in theory have all "engine effects" or "bump" effects placed as a DCA letting you control "a user-selected group" with one gain slider control. On top of this, you can create "Mute" groups, to easily mute any selection of effects you wish. So yes, such mixers, can give you much more control with easier and faster access. Then also bringing the benefits of being able to use pro plugins for metering, monitoring, or controlling the audio how you want.

What it will not do and is still necessary for defining what gain settings you may apply to the individual effects layers. So an effect you have using multiple layers, what this generates is determined from the levels of all those frequencies and the combination of them represents the effects generated sensation. I refer to it as the "output mix" for an effect. Some people like to tweak at these, while others set them to find what they like and leave them.

2. I have a couple of solutions in mind to help tidy cabling for multiple exciters. It will be covered in a tutorial I will release. I have looked at all the possible options. The plan is to release this when I have the new effects also ready for the 8-way EXC on the back of a seat. I want to offer this as a solution, ready to go and with effects to enjoy. Not rushing with this as its basically bringing and presenting what are my own abilities/preferences with tactile and effects creation over the last 2 or so years.

For my own connection of the larger units (BK LFE / TST / Earthquake) my rig will have installed. This will be a combination of at least 14 units. I have purchased "tour grade" 4x 4-Way SpeakON distributors for these. So the connections go into the amps at the back of the rack but each 4 units is only 1 cable back to the distributors that are installed on the rig. 4 transducers plug into each distributor. This makes it very easy to ever disconnect the transducers or the cable from the amps. I had cables specially made that again used the tour grade *metal connections.

3. Most cable connections from this level of hardware will be Balanced 6.3mm or XLR. I do not believe a 3.5mm soundcard offers balanced outputs. Best to keep the hardware away from the rig within its own rack or installation place.
I went with a pro level (16 way USB) hub which then just gives a single cable back to the PC. Better this cable is longer and keep the amps/interconnects close. I have installed 3 main power conditioners/switchers for my audio and rigs hardware. These should also help with a clean electrical signal. However I do not envisage I will buy into motion, but I will buy a harness.

4. Depends on how many outputs you have and how many units you may need to use. If you struggle with the number of MixBus outputs you have (1 for each unit). One way to save on outputs is to use the Behringer MS8000 to duplicate XLR outputs and be creative.....

Scenario:
BK & TST are being used. You would combine the output for the BK and the output for the TST (all the frequencies from effect layers for both types of units) Then you would duplicate this output for 2 channels. On the amplifier, we can use the "Crossover" feature to determine from the combined output what we need for the BK for the lowest bass (under 40Hz). Then what do we need for the TST, so it works from @30Hz up and to whatever range you want? You can then also apply other DSP to determine the operation of the unit for these channels or if using this method.

What you are doing here isnt quite the same as determining what exact effects goto a BK and what exact effects go to a TST and then these on their individual outputs. However, it is possible to achieve good operational results with a crossover and making a BK/TST operate as a tuned set. I called this "Dual Role" as it outperforms as a combination the output operational abilities of any single transducer I have used.

My own rig will use 6x BK/TST combos for directional and g-force based effects. They should deliver a very powerful but also very detailed level of immersion. Positional effects are then also enhanced directly into the users torso with upto 3x pairs of stereo EXC on the seat operating however we want to apply specific effects. We can have individual effects to each pair or more advanced effects created that apply musically matched frequencies to generate a sensation from 3 pairs of units over more body regions that we cannot achieve from one. *(Hundreds of hours testing with effects creation options)

5. For my own rig I will use the 6 AUX out but also have another set of outputs for the additional 2 more EXC (8) I will place on the back of the seat. So far the new approach in the effects I am building with the 8 EXC is very impressive. Yes, its possible to then apply also BK/TST but I am confident what is achieved with the 8 EXC and this new method not used before for creating effects will deliver a level of tactile, thats also quite affordable as a solution but one that will perform beyond what people are currently experiencing.

The HA6000 lets us send the "Game Audio" to any or all of the EXC. We then also apply or alter the mix between Simhub/Game audio how we wish. If a user wants an 8-way multi-stereo game audio-tactile, then they can have it. The only drawback at the moment is that "Game Audio" needs EQ applied to make the most of what it can offer for tactile.

So we need to apply either software or hardware solution. We can do this easily with a mixer/DAW for the desired outputs. Although for others, the easiest way, may be to duplicate the windows primary audio out and have EQ applied differently for speakers/heaphones or tactile. This output can then be sent to the HA6000. Here we can apply some more boost but of course, some caution or care on using good settings is needed.

I am currently working on this and looking at how a user with only a soundcard & HA6000 can make use of this. Note that HA6000 can work with stereo or mono inputs so how it is used and its operation depends on the cabling TS or TRS.

HA6000 is not an amplifier in the sense of the EXC, I am using it for its mixing and tone controls (as well as leds). The EPQ 304 is the amp I recommend (replace fan) for EXC. I have actually purchased 4 of them to power my TST as well as I will apply DSP for my TST via the DAW on this configuration I use.

Last edited:
Started with exciters, blew them regurlarly, mostly because of overload.

Nowadays I have an Aura under the heelplate (Composite plate isolated from the rig by rubbermat and springs, accelerator pedal fixed to it)

Brake and clutch are on a seperate (slideable) plate with an Dayton BST1 ziptied to the brake pedal lever. A proper mount is on my To Do before I die list.

Brake pedal only indicates brake lock, heelplate gets front slip for driving and less important Road Vibrations and Impacts for immersion, though feeling the curbs helps with positioning the car.

MFG Carsten

Last edited:
Hi Carsten, i keep hear this part with blowing the exciters. how can i avoid this? Is it from too much volume?
Or what else can also blow them (frequency, other simhub settings)

I really want to go with 2 exciters for pedals and 4pcs on the back of the seat. I know setting them is very important and i want to take care and not overload them.

I need to mention that i have absolutely no experience on this side :(

For me it was aSimhub setting.

When you have volume on the sound output page at 100% and press "Test now" the exciters get shot very easily:

Simhub.PNG

IIRC the exciters work good around 40hz but are also very prone to damage at that frequency.

Im afraid you have to do more research because I gave up on them, but many other people have them working quite brilliantly.

MFG Carsten

I actually heard some ppl suggesting not to use the "Test" button in Simhub because it goes full power.
My plan is to set the Amp volume somewhere around 20%-30% and the effect volume in Simhub around 50%, and start from there. The only other question will be if i have in Simhub any place to set the frequency for ABS and Wheel Lock effect.

MFG Andrei

Cranking amplifier gain to overdrive transducers at 100% SimHub output is illogical.
If more than one effect is routed to the same output channel,
then almost certainly channel output will occasionally reach 100%.
Reducing amplifier gain to not overdrive for 100% SimHub channel output
also optimizes signal-to-noise ratio.

Cranking amplifier gain to overdrive transducers at 100% SimHub output is illogical.
If more than one effect is routed to the same output channel,
then almost certainly channel output will occasionally reach 100%.
Reducing amplifier gain to not overdrive for 100% SimHub channel output
also optimizes signal-to-noise ratio.
sorry maybe i did not correctly understand. what is your advice or how should i set the amp, Simhub, etc for the exciters?

thanks in advance.

This exciter is mounted to a small 3mm-thick aluminum plate
which is fastened by screws to the back of a brake pedal:
pedal_exciter.jpg

With my foot resting lightly on that pedal,
very little power is required to sense a wide range of tactile frequencies.
However, with 60-80 lb force (300 Newtons) pressing on the pedal,
my foot barely senses tactile energy with power applied to the exciter
that will overheat and burn it out if sustained more than a second or so.

The 40W rating for this exciter is NOT for continuous power.
40W corresponds to about 13V measured by AC voltmeter
and will burn out the exciter if applied for longer than brief instances.
Further, its mass is too small to transfer much tactile energy
to larger masses.
This confounds judging by feel how much power is being applied.

For tactile energy that will be sustained, such as simulated engine vibration or tire slip when drifting, even 4V drive level may eventually provoke overheating.
If an exciter becomes more than comfortably warm after
5-10 minutes operation, that is too much power.
how should i set the amp
  • Turn amp gain down.
  • Attach meter to exciter terminals.
  • Briefly activate SimHub "test"
  • Quickly read terminal voltage and sense tactile energy
  • release "test"
  • slightly increase amp gain and retest.
  • stop increasing amp gain when meter approaches 4V
    or tactile energy feels adequate, whichever comes first.
Again, even 4V may be too high for continuous activation,
e.g. depending on frequencies.

This exciter is mounted to a small 3mm-thick aluminum plate
which is fastened by screws to the back of a brake pedal:
View attachment 612832
With my foot resting lightly on that pedal,
very little power is required to sense a wide range of tactile frequencies.
However, with 60-80 lb force (300 Newtons) pressing on the pedal,
my foot barely senses tactile energy with power applied to the exciter
that will overheat and burn it out if sustained more than a second or so.

The 40W rating for this exciter is NOT for continuous power.
40W corresponds to about 13V measured by AC voltmeter
and will burn out the exciter if applied for longer than brief instances.
Further, its mass is too small to transfer much tactile energy
to larger masses.
This confounds judging by feel how much power is being applied.

For tactile energy that will be sustained, such as simulated engine vibration or tire slip when drifting, even 4V drive level may eventually provoke overheating.
If an exciter becomes more than comfortably warm after
5-10 minutes operation, that is too much power.

• Turn amp gain down.
  • Attach meter to exciter terminals.
  • Briefly activate SimHub "test"
  • Quickly read terminal voltage and sense tactile energy
  • release "test"
  • slightly increase amp gain and retest.
  • stop increasing amp gain when meter approaches 4V
    or tactile energy feels adequate, whichever comes first.
Again, even 4V may be too high for continuous activation,
e.g. depending on frequencies.
thanks a lot for the explanation. Now i have a starting point.
Btw i am between using the exciter or the rumble motors kit with Arduino. Did you ever test the motors? do they produce enough immersion? thanks!

I actually heard some ppl suggesting not to use the "Test" button in Simhub because it goes full power.
My plan is to set the Amp volume somewhere around 20%-30% and the effect volume in Simhub around 50%, and start from there. The only other question will be if i have in Simhub any place to set the frequency for ABS and Wheel Lock effect.

MFG Andrei
Below is something you will not see much information about, but is something I am covering in my own Simhub and 8x EXC installation/user guide. It will be published here in its own thread when it is done and the new effects I am working on for it are ready.

Do not be put off by using the EXC as their potential and costs can indeed bring very nice tactile immersion. Note that yes, certain precautions need to be applied.

Quick Overview:
Did you notice if you set Simhub Global Volume (top right) to mute, what happens when you click the "tests"? Ahhh, so it appears the global volume output control is not relevant to the tests outside of a sim running.

Monitoring The Metering Levels:
Top = "effects tests"
Bottom = "channel tests"

Simhub

Channel "test"

The channel test option within the "Sound Output" screen appears to use a similar LUFS to "Apple Music @ -16dB". Clicking this and monitoring the output via my own soundcard (X3) I can get a reading of -16.2dB but we allow for some tolerance in the metering.

Effects "test"
The main screen for the effects profile has all the effects you are running. Here things are different, for each effect you can click a "test" button to get a response for that effect's output based on the frequencies used. At this point note that Simhub is not applying the effect to incoming game telemetry for that effect. So it is generating a response as a tone generator.

I have not looked at (all effects) but the output from this can be much stronger If you set an effects output level to 100%. I have seen upto -10dB being generated and even at 70% effect volume control we go back down to the -16dB level from the "Channel Test". So this is quite a difference with 6dB that very few people are even aware of.

The Problem:
People are using the "test" button to determine their amp volumes and when you are new to this you may not know how high to set an amps volume dial. What is ideal for the exciters, and different models of exciters will have different sensitivity and wattage ratings.

What happens:
People are clicking the "test" with various effects and their amp volume is too high. They can damage their exciters before even properly getting to enjoy them.

Precaution:
Start with your amp volume as low as possible, slowly increase it.
Use the "Channel Test" only for determining you have a response for each of your units.

I recommend you define your ideal volumes for each effect within a Sim running. Slowly increase your amp volume. An effect using 40-50Hz will be around the peak frequency output of various budget transducers. You can use an effect with these frequencies to help determine how high you can set your amp gain but (with the effect layer up to 100%).

Guidance:
With the more constant operational effects, you should not need to apply using 40-50Hz with 100% effects volume. The reason is, you want to be able to apply other frequencies using upto the 100% that are not generated or felt just as well. Doing that will mean it helps you get a good peak response but also still feel detail from other frequencies eg from @30Hz and above 80Hz.

I prefer to set the Simhub Global volume to only 50% but this is because we also often will recommend or use additional hardware like HA6000 or DSP and in many instances for owners at least amps with DSP and with that we then re-define what the output going to the amp will be.

Hardware unit example popular for 4x exciters

With the DSP we tune the output more to suit the unit being used but with additional DSP hardware like t.racks mini. You will have metering levels that let you ensure the input from the soundcard but more importantly the output you are sending is equal over all channels and set just below the ideal peak output level.

We can balance different soundcards with this approach but we also see in some scenarios the output levels for channels can sometimes vary a little. Doing this also allows for headroom in scenarios of multiple effects layers operational on a channel at once but lets the user see their output level is still not clipping into the red.

To Be Considered:
Different soundcards, different amps and different settings within Simhub will vary "what you need" or "what is ideal for you".

This is one reason, my own approach has been to try to recommend specific exciters and amps to use as we generally find even with people with different seats we can apply settings that are similar to make it much easier to get into tactile with tried/tested methods....

Last edited:
Below is something you will not see much information about, but is something I am covering in my own Simhub and 8x EXC installation/user guide. It will be published here in its own thread when it is done and the new effects I am working on for it are ready.

Do not be put off by using the EXC as their potential and costs can indeed bring very nice tactile immersion. Note that yes, certain precautions need to be applied.

Quick Overview:
Did you notice if you set Simhub Global Volume (top right) to mute, what happens when you click the "tests"? Ahhh, so it appears the global volume output control is not relevant to the tests outside of a sim running.

Monitoring The Metering Levels:
Top = "effects tests"
Bottom = "channel tests"

Simhub

Channel "test"

The channel test option within the "Sound Output" screen appears to use a similar LUFS to "Apple Music @ -16dB". Clicking this and monitoring the output via my own soundcard (X3) I can get a reading of -16.2dB but we allow for some tolerance in the metering.

Effects "test"
The main screen for the effects profile has all the effects you are running. Here things are different, for each effect you can click a "test" button to get a response for that effect's output based on the frequencies used. At this point note that Simhub is not applying the effect to incoming game telemetry for that effect. So it is generating a response as a tone generator.

I have not looked at (all effects) but the output from this can be much stronger If you set an effects output level to 100%. I have seen upto -10dB being generated and even at 70% effect volume control we go back down to the -16dB level from the "Channel Test". So this is quite a difference with 6dB that very few people are even aware of.

The Problem:
People are using the "test" button to determine their amp volumes and when you are new to this you may not know how high to set an amps volume dial. What is ideal for the exciters, and different models of exciters will have different sensitivity and wattage ratings.

What happens:
People are clicking the "test" with various effects and their amp volume is too high.
They can damage their exciters before even properly getting to enjoy them.

Precaution:
Start with your amp volume as low as possible.
Use the "Channel Test" only for determining you have a response for each of your units.

I recommend you define your ideal volumes for each effect within a Sim running. Slowly increase your amp volume. An effect using 40-50Hz will be around the peak frequency output of various budget transducers. You can use an effect with these frequencies to help determine how high you can set your amp gain but (with the effect layer up to 100%).

Guidance:
With the more constant operational effects, you should not need to apply using 40-50Hz with 100% effects volume. The reason is, you want to be able to apply other frequencies using upto the 100% that are not generated or felt just as well. Doing that will mean it helps you get a good peak response but also still feel detail from other frequencies eg from @30Hz and above 80Hz.

I prefer to set the Simhub Global volume to only 50% but this is because we also often will recommend or use additional hardware like HA6000 or DSP and in many instances for owners at least amps with DSP and with that we then re-define what the output going to the amp will be.

Hardware unit example popular for 4x exciters

With the DSP we tune the output more to suit the unit being used but with additional DSP hardware like t.racks mini. You will have metering levels that let you ensure the input from the soundcard and the output you are sending is equal over all channels and set just below the ideal peak output level. Doing this also allows for headroom in scenarios of multiple effects layers operational on a channel at once but lets the user see their output level is still not clipping.

To Be Considered:
Different soundcards, different amps and different settings within Simhub will vary "what you need" or "what is ideal for you".

This is one reason, my own approach has been to try to recommend specific exciters and amps to use as we generally find even with people with different seats we can apply settings that are similar to make it much easier to get into tactile with tried/tested methods....
Very detailed answer, thank you! I admit i needed to read it twice before i understood exactly what you mean and what i need to follow.
I am also sure that the correctly set exciters can bring a good tactile immersion result.

Now i am a bit unclear about following aspects:

1. Would you suggest to use the Exciter installed on Break pedal for ABS + Tire Lock? And can i get a good result with an exciter, or this kind of effect will be better with an transducer?

2. The other 4 Exciters installed on the back of the seat, i want them to replicate Engine and Road Texture/Curbs. Again, is the exciter good for such effects?

3. I see you all discussing about Exciters Frequency and that are good to replicate short effects, and in case the effect is continuous (like engine RPM) they tend to overheat and in the end blow. This means that are effects types that are good for and types are not really good and should be replaced with transducers.

Last edited:
Btw i am between using the exciter or the rumble motors kit with Arduino. Did you ever test the motors? do they produce enough immersion? thanks!
Yes, I first used a rumble motor on G29 brake pedal.
I considered it helpful, but never immersive.
In common with other tactile devices,
larger ones are required to usefully excite larger masses.
The advantage of rumble motors is that they are less liable to overload.
The less good parts:
  • there is some latency as they change speed
  • cannot change intensity separately from frequency
  • a single rumble motor can emit tactile energy at only a single frequency at a time

Very detailed answer, thank you! I admit i needed to read it twice before i understood exactly what you mean and what i need to follow.
I am also sure that the correctly set exciters can bring a good tactile immersion result.

Now i am a bit unclear about following aspects:

1. Would you suggest to use the Exciter installed on Break pedal for ABS + Tire Lock? And can i get a good result with an exciter, or this kind of effect will be better with an transducer?

2. The other 4 Exciters installed on the back of the seat, i want them to replicate Engine and Road Texture/Curbs. Again, is the exciter good for such effects?

3. I see you all discussing about Exciters Frequency and that are good to replicate short effects, and in case the effect is continuous (like engine RPM) they tend to overheat and in the end blow. This means that are effects types that are good for and types are not really good and should be replaced with transducers.

1. A good unit I have recommended and is still suitable for ABS on a pedal is the Earthquake Q1B. This will generate a stronger response.

It's quite a bit more compact than a BK Mini but would be more suited on the bigger high end pedals. Some people are already using it in this application.

The alternative is building isolated platforms for each pedal with their own higher-end transducers. For example, my own build will only be dual pedals but use both a large BK and TST for each pedal platform. With that combo, we can achieve the best low-bass output and best high-frequency detail for bass that extends through the whole pedal and foot/heel rest platform....

Exciters Vs Motors
Exciters are better than motors in two regards, they do not need to spin up so are more instant in their operation. Also, we can control the defined output more with audio and frequencies that Simhub makes possible for "bass shakers".

In the scenario of ABS you may prefer to use a simple pure tone and use a frequency in that 40-50Hz range. With that you will get the optimal strength the "exciter" unit will output. Of course we can experiment with additional layers using different frequencies and altering the volume of these in conjunction with the pure tone, will alter the modulation and generated feel.

To be honest my focus at the moment is more in the seat but some people will already have maybe nice settings or effects they can share with you for ABS.

2 & 3
You will find early effects I made 12-18months ago over at the GV Discord group. They are used by lots of people and no issues with causing harm to your units.

Perhaps someone will reach out to you but what I can say is that sharing effects in this community here brings very little feedback or interaction, its been tried several times and not just by me. In fairness, it's hard to get user feedback on effects to help in the direction to develop them.

What I can tell you is, I have made a lot of progress in the last year regards frequencies and musical intervals and how we apply a more musical approach to various effects. However, I won't be releasing these effects to I am ready with them.

The potential having 8x EXC on a seat brings, is not just about having 4 more units. Yes this helps to separate specific effects to desired body regions and helps identify specific effects when you have multiple effects operating.

What we cannot do with a single unit, placed to a single position or using 4 units is to generate the same potential sensations we can achieve with a new approach in applying 1/3 octaves. In simple terms, let me say this....

imagine an effect that has specific musically matched frequencies but the effect itself is generated with a top/middle/bottom pair covering your whole torso. What we achieve are effects with more body/greater dynamic range and for stereo sensations, we can have 3x units per side expand the felt L/R sensations much better.

These new effects I am working on, using this new "musical" approach is also fully expandable to users who also own the exciters but using them with TST and large BK.

All I have to do is apply the frequencies for specific effects that are best suited to those devices yet maintain the "musical" relationship with the frequencies used for the exciters. So the new effects can be enjoyed in a basic form, from as little as 2 exciters but they require an installation of 8 to get the primary sensations into the seat and owners of higher-end transducers will get additional low/mid-bass and higher frequency detailing from them too.

The new effects will impress with this 8-way seat configuration I will be promoting with a full detailed installation and setup guide. It's the accumulation of over 2 years of effort with all this and many hundreds of hours of learning and experimenting.

Last edited:
1. A good unit I have recommended and is still suitable for ABS on a pedal is the Earthquake Q1B. This will generate a stronger response.

It's quite a bit more compact than a BK Mini but would be more suited on the bigger high end pedals. Some people are already using it in this application.

The alternative is building isolated platforms for each pedal with their own higher-end transducers. For example, my own build will only be dual pedals but use both a large BK and TST for each pedal platform. With that combo, we can achieve the best low-bass output and best high-frequency detail for bass that extends through the whole pedal and foot/heel rest platform....

Exciters Vs Motors
Exciters are better than motors in two regards, they do not need to spin up so are more instant in their operation. Also, we can control the defined output more with audio and frequencies that Simhub makes possible for "bass shakers".

In the scenario of ABS you may prefer to use a simple pure tone and use a frequency in that 40-50Hz range. With that you will get the optimal strength the "exciter" unit will output. Of course we can experiment with additional layers using different frequencies and altering the volume of these in conjunction with the pure tone, will alter the modulation and generated feel.

To be honest my focus at the moment is more in the seat but some people will already have maybe nice settings or effects they can share with you for ABS.

2 & 3
You will find early effects I made 12-18months ago over at the GV Discord group. They are used by lots of people and no issues with causing harm to your units.

Perhaps someone will reach out to you but what I can say is that sharing effects in this community here brings very little feedback or interaction, its been tried several times and not just by me. In fairness, it's hard to get user feedback on effects to help in the direction to develop them.

What I can tell you is, I have made a lot of progress in the last year regards frequencies and musical intervals and how we apply a more musical approach to various effects. However, I won't be releasing these effects to I am ready with them.

The potential having 8x EXC on a seat brings, is not just about having 4 more units. Yes this helps to separate specific effects to desired body regions and helps identify specific effects when you have multiple effects operating.

What we cannot do with a single unit, placed to a single position or using 4 units is to generate the same potential sensations we can achieve with a new approach in applying 1/3 octaves. In simple terms, let me say this....

imagine an effect that has specific musically matched frequencies but the effect itself is generated with a top/middle/bottom pair covering your whole torso. What we achieve are effects with more body/greater dynamic range and for stereo sensations, we can have 3x units per side expand the felt L/R sensations much better.

These new effects I am working on, using this new "musical" approach is also fully expandable to users who also own the exciters but using them with TST and large BK.

All I have to do is apply the frequencies for specific effects that are best suited to those devices yet maintain the "musical" relationship with the frequencies used for the exciters. So the new effects can be enjoyed in a basic form, from as little as 2 exciters but they require an installation of 8 to get the primary sensations into the seat and owners of higher-end transducers will get additional low/mid-bass and higher frequency detailing from them too.

The new effects will impress with this 8-way seat configuration I will be promoting with a full detailed installation and setup guide. It's the accumulation of over 2 years of effort with all this and many hundreds of hours of learning and experimenting.
I think Earthquake Q1B is quite big for my pedals (I use Heusinkveld Sprints), but i will definitely go for the Dayton Exciter.
For the seat i am also going for 4 or 6 exciters :)
You mentioned smth about a discord group (GV Discord group), any idea who can send me an invitation? i will be more than happy to join such a Discord group.

Thanks again for all the support. i really appreciate your answers and all the details you provide!

• Deleted member 197115

May be I misunderstood the long post above, but Global gain in SImHub (upper right in Effect Profile) affects both Channel and Effect testing for me.
In addition in Output Tuning you can set it to either control Sound card volume (windows volume slider) or generated sound gain (which from what I've read on SimHub discord is preferrable).

May be I misunderstood the long post above, but Global gain in SImHub (upper right in Effect Profile) affects both Channel and Effect testing for me.
In addition in Output Tuning you can set it to either control Sound card volume (windows volume slider) or generated sound gain (which from what I've read on SimHub discord is preferrable).
I understand it does too - I think the case pointed out was that when you press test in the outputs section it ignores the global gain and sends a 100% signal.. which might not be idea for the small exciter.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 2.9%