Team ORSM

From my experience tyre squeel is quite loud irl. i know from karting and events i have gone to at various tracks. TV cams/mics don't pick it up properly imo.

PS awsome mod. i like the thing you're doing wiht the tyres. i also felt they heated up too quickly but i understand your reasoning on that now. One thing i will say though is that i do feel the cars are maybe slightly too responsive on turn in. This is where i felt 1.3 was great. maybe something of a compromise on those two would be a good direction to take?

hmm id have to disagree with you their about the turn in of the cars. i personally feel the turn is pretty good. a lot better than the previous v8 mod, i found it like impossible to get the car turned in at all. but hey i dont mean to criticise, thats just my two cents worth of input

no you're right. The problem i think is that the car feels very stiff. not sure if its the tyres or what but they don't "lean" as i'd expect, although it is very easy to control slides.. not quite sure yet, will have to do more testing to work out what it is i feel is missing.

@EAK by events i have gone to i mean stuff like LMS@donnington and FIA GT@Silverstone. The tyre squeel is at times a lot more prominent. i dunno, it's not an issue for me anyways.

No, I wouldn't consider selling the models. I didn't get involved in the creation of the mod to turn a profit or deprive you guys of your hard earned.

Arr ok, i just know of a guy who has had the ORSM FG & VE 3D scenes for over a year, and i think (it was ages ago) he mentioned he paid for them. Also know that some others did get there hands on that FG scene somehow. I'll see if i can find out.

Cause the guy has been posting 3D renders for over a year on a V8 fan website.

Dave. Gavin has been posting screenshots of the models at V8 Fan for some time now. You can't be thinking of his are you? You would see that he is signed in there under the same user name as he has here. Other then those I haven't seen anything like ORSM's models on that site. Can you link us to 1 or 2 of these pics your talking about please. If your thinking of Willsy DZignFX renders they aren't these models either. He's a professional who has many liveries over the years on real cars over a range of motorsport series.

Yes dave, you are right. I sold render scenes to him to use. The only issues are trusting the guy wont share them, and that they can make money off it from designing skins and rendering them, without the creator knowing. This is not something I want to do again, since the models are worth a lot more to me than what a painter will pay for them.

I think it's fair to say "Once bitten, twice shy".

http://orrconracing.com/

Is just one place Kev's FG has appeared outside the mod. There a few others that also made it to print media.

He paid for the use of the model, which isnt as much as what the full model would go for. The model will always be Mojoman's and mine.

Only way around this is for you guys to send me the skins, then I'll render them. I have a couple scenes I can chuck the skins on.

render4.jpg3.jpg

But once the model was sold it was no longer his and "BiggyG" is entitled to use them how he wishes as he "owns" them. Unfair i know but he did pay for them

Agree completely, BiggyG as the owner of those scene's has done nothing wrong. Kevo has learned from this experience and the team is now more gaurded about the uncontrolled release of our work.

The fuel issue is a problem with the track. If you want a more accurate fuel reading, go into the track folder ad find the aiw file.

Find the lines:
lap_length=2862.142578
FuelUse=39692.003906

The numbers are different for every track. If you multiply the lap length by 15 (I think 15 is the magic number), then enter the number into FuelUse= line

E.g. the correct numbers would now be
lap_length=2862.142578
FuelUse=42932.13867

It might pay to make the number a little bigger then exactly 15 times as much just incase.

Cheers for the info Kevo & Gavin. Sometimes a good idea or gesture can bite you in the arse later on.

@iamadadalaw. it was only the 3d scene, so really doesnt hurt us end users, other then the 3D guys. They should be able to build their own scenes anyway if they are good.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 496 68.5%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 305 42.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 329 45.4%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 160 22.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 195 26.9%
Back