Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool for ACC 13.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Just downloaded onto my Macbook Pro with M1 chip and it refuses to work. Read through all the readme.txt file and tried putting the Java binaries into the mac directory and still did not work. I also made sure my Java was up to date and it was. Not sure whats going on here but would love to get this working. Thank you!!!
Well, the issue is that the customer JRE included is for the intel macs. There was someone earlier who did do the custom JRE for M1 (i.e. ARM) mac.

What you can do, is to download e.g. from
the java version for your system. This way you need to install that into your system (min requirement is Java 16 + JavaFX). You need to edit the runMac.sh file to accommodate the location, where the 'java' executable will be in your system.

Cheers.

PS. In the future I might do am M1 chip custom JRE binaries too, but at the moment I don't have such system available to me. Most likely that will happen with a future 12.x version.

Hi Iko, last night after the windows update the program stopped working (I use it with ACC). Do you know why?
Despite having started ACC telemetry it is as if he did not see it ..

Hi Iko, last night after the windows update the program stopped working (I use it with ACC). Do you know why?
Despite having started ACC telemetry it is as if he did not see it ..
Does the Tool start? If not, then maybe some odd windows update e.g. on the firewall or virusscanner disabled the tool. Check the logs for possible reason.

If nothing in the logs, try from the command line (go to the directory, where you installed the Tool)
bin\win\bin\java -jar Telemetry.jar
and see if there are any odd errors visible.

Tool starts, but you cannot get data. Maybe something in the update messed the networking stuff. Just open the Tool, go to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings', press save, restart ACC + the Tool and see, if it starts working.

Tool starts, you get some data, but no driver names etc, then same steps as above.

Cheers.

Does the Tool start? If not, then maybe some odd windows update e.g. on the firewall or virusscanner disabled the tool. Check the logs for possible reason.

If nothing in the logs, try from the command line (go to the directory, where you installed the Tool)
bin\win\bin\java -jar Telemetry.jar
and see if there are any odd errors visible.

Tool starts, but you cannot get data. Maybe something in the update messed the networking stuff. Just open the Tool, go to 'Settings' --> 'ACC Settings', press save, restart ACC + the Tool and see, if it starts working.

Tool starts, you get some data, but no driver names etc, then same steps as above.
Dear Iko
Thanks to your reply I've been able to solve the problem.
The malfunction was connected to the Firewall.

Thank you again

Oscar

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool for ACC with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for ACC

New version 11.4 is here.

It took bit longer than anticipated to get it out of the door.

Notable new addition is rFactor 2 support.

For ACC the biggest change is, the DLC car data was updated.

For update, just replace the Telemetry.jar in your install directory with the one from the .zip.

For new install, just unzip in anywhere in your system (in Program files or some other location), then start with the launcher.bat or the acc .bat file or on Linux/Mac the correct .sh file. At first...

Read the rest of this update entry...

We're having an issue where even with ACC broadcasting set up drivers are named Driver01 and then blank on each server. Whereas on another client set up in the same way the names work fine, we've tried copying over all of the settings to no avail. Any ideas as to why?

We're having an issue where even with ACC broadcasting set up drivers are named Driver01 and then blank on each server. Whereas on another client set up in the same way the names work fine, we've tried copying over all of the settings to no avail. Any ideas as to why?
That is because for some reason the ACC broadcast data is not coming in. Typical reason are you use e.g. simhub, which changes the ACC Broadcast password.

Easy solution is to close ACC (if open), then open the Telemetry Tool, go to 'Settings --> ACC Settings' and click the 'save' once. This should fix the settings also on the Tool's side, if some other tool has changed those.

Cheers.

Hi Iko,

Thank you for this tool. Having a bit of a play with it and is really cool. I've got it setup where my data is sent to an external IP and can see my data there (And locally). But one thing I can't work out is the my player name not showing correctly. I see some of the previous posts talking about this and have tried saving the ACC settings etc with no change. I just shows as "Player L1"....

Also, is there a way to get this to work with a dedicated server? This would remove the need for every player to forward data.

Cheers
Could you describe what you did to get it working on an external IP please?

Could you describe what you did to get it working on an external IP please?
The easiest way is to enable the UDP redirect in the Tool. Go 'Settings --> Network Settings', there enable UDP forward, set the external IP + port and choose ACC as data format. Now restart the tool. After that the tool will send all packets (both from Shmem and from ACC broadcast) to that IP/Port combo.

On the external IP, firewall rules need to be set to allow the UDP traffic trough for the Port number.

Easier way might be to setup a VPN tunnel (like with Hamachi), so that both sender and receiver are in the same VPN subnet and send the traffic to the VPN subnet IP address in the UDP redirect.

Cheers.

Telemetry Tool for ACC

New version 12.0 is here.

Notable additions are F1 22 support and the move to Java 17 (new custom JRE included).

For ACC this adds the support + trackmaps for the new USA DLC tracks. Also for ACC fixed an issue, where the car cup category was not shown correctly for some cars.

If you find anything odd, please let me know.

Enjoy, and get faster.

Telemetry Tool for ACC

A new version 12.1 is out.

Notable ACC changes/fixes:
- Fixed issue, where car ids were not correctly detected in some very rare events
- Updated typical fast lap for some tracks based on the data in the global db

Launcher
- Added option to run feedtester directly from the launcher

Global DB
- Did another data cleaning, you can now see the data from the Global DB from https://racinggametelemetry.com/laptimes.php
- Changed the data of the new window 'Show...

Hey Iko. I understand that for driver swaps its best if i have a centralized server and drivers send their data to the server. Just curious because ive only set up for myself at the moment but what happens if its in a practice session and say all 4 drivers in the team are driving at the same time. And they all send the data to me. Would this be an issue? Or can i view all of their telemetry no problem? I'm guessing that as long as auto update map is turned off this wouldnt be a problem?

Hey Iko. I understand that for driver swaps its best if i have a centralized server and drivers send their data to the server. Just curious because ive only set up for myself at the moment but what happens if its in a practice session and say all 4 drivers in the team are driving at the same time. And they all send the data to me. Would this be an issue? Or can i view all of their telemetry no problem? I'm guessing that as long as auto update map is turned off this wouldnt be a problem?
If you need to check data from 4 different drivers, I would have for each of them a dedicated Telemetry Tool install. If they all send data at the same time, the data will be garbage, as at the moment the Tool does not work with multi-player input.

But if you have one driver then the other drivers' data is also available as "opponent data" i.e. the racetiming etc. show their data, though the in Practice the opponent laps don't get saved as it take quite a lot of space to do that, so I have not enable that.

Cheers.

Hi iko,

awesome job.

I´m triying to use your history files in f122 to log championship results, but when i´m observing a race the file isnt created. When i´m racing it works perfectly. Is there any way for me to force the file to be created if the observer is who send the udp data?

Thanks,

Hi iko,

awesome job.

I´m triying to use your history files in f122 to log championship results, but when i´m observing a race the file isnt created. When i´m racing it works perfectly. Is there any way for me to force the file to be created if the observer is who send the udp data?

Thanks,
The race history files are only stored, when you are racing. I think I could enable the history saving also, if the race is spectated.

I checked the code; If you are spectating the event is not flagged as race, thus the files were not saved. I added there a check, if the event is spectated, the file gets also saved. This will be in 12.2.

BTW, do the other things work, when you are spectating?

Cheers.

The race history files are only stored, when you are racing. I think I could enable the history saving also, if the race is spectated.

I checked the code; If you are spectating the event is not flagged as race, thus the files were not saved. I added there a check, if the event is spectated, the file gets also saved. This will be in 12.2.

BTW, do the other things work, when you are spectating?

Cheers.
Yes, everything else works properly as far as I noticed.

Thanks!!!

Hi Iko,
Thanks for this incredible tool !
I would like to be my Team Engineer but there is some issue on the opponents data with ACC. We've try a lot of differents relay scenario but nothing seems to work. Any idea to solve this ?

Thanks again for this Soft ! A really nice and appreciated job

Edit : finally found the issue, ACC RELAY MUST be started BEFORE ACC !!
I did a quick picture to explain our setup if usefull for other.

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 67
  • ACC Telemetry Tool Setup Race Engineer.jpg
    ACC Telemetry Tool Setup Race Engineer.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 63 33.2%