Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 11.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry if I’m doing this wrong! I’m new to asking questions here. I was wondering why the “race info” menu doesn’t work when spectating a F1 2021 race. I haven’t tested to see if it is because that persons telemetry is on or off though. Any ideas?

Sorry if I’m doing this wrong! I’m new to asking questions here. I was wondering why the “race info” menu doesn’t work when spectating a F1 2021 race. I haven’t tested to see if it is because that persons telemetry is on or off though. Any ideas?
If I recall correctly, on spectating mode you are missing some of the data used by that view. Race info is actually more aimed for the actual driver to plan the race, than for the spectators.

Hi again, for some reason since a few weeks, I'm not able to view some new windows like map or multilap telemetry...were I'm wrong? thnx!

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 59
Hi again, for some reason since a few weeks, I'm not able to view some new windows like map or multilap telemetry...were I'm wrong? thnx!
Hmm, pretty odd. Does it happen, when you start the tool or when you have used the tool?

In normal use this happens, if you have multiple windows open and you change the main tab to show same tab, i.e. you have e.g. map open as separate window and then you change to the map view in the main window. To avoid this, if you have multiple windows open at the same time, is to drop those from the "rotation" on the main window (Settings --> General Settings --> The checkboxes on which tabs are included into the rotation).

Cheers.

I can't wait to use this incredible tool on a daily basis. I was able to make it connect to AC on PS4 however I'm having 2 major issues.

1. Tool only works with monza, when another track is selected I see the "too few packets" line on the command line, tools freezes and stops recording data
2. No lap data is saved. even picking "previous lap" on telemetry shows nothing even though the previous lap is just completed.

Thanks for this amazing tool regardless.

Edit:

I have been trying to debug this; couple of observations:

- Tested both Mac and PC, I see the same behaviour
- Correct car is shown on TrackData section of RawData tab; however no matter which car I pick, ks_audi_r8_lms is shown underneath the LapInfo section
- "Statistics: Red, Blue & Ses" tab also always shows the same car: "ks_audi_r8_lms"
- I have tested both v11.1 and v11.2; they have the same issue.

Last edited:
I can't wait to use this incredible tool on a daily basis. I was able to make it connect to AC on PS4 however I'm having 2 major issues.

1. Tool only works with monza, when another track is selected I see the "too few packets" line on the command line, tools freezes and stops recording data
2. No lap data is saved. even picking "previous lap" on telemetry shows nothing even though the previous lap is just completed.

Thanks for this amazing tool regardless.

Edit:

I have been trying to debug this; couple of observations:

- Tested both Mac and PC, I see the same behaviour
- Correct car is shown on TrackData section of RawData tab; however no matter which car I pick, ks_audi_r8_lms is shown underneath the LapInfo section
- "Statistics: Red, Blue & Ses" tab also always shows the same car: "ks_audi_r8_lms"
- I have tested both v11.1 and v11.2; they have the same issue.
With AC running on consoles, you have to
1) Change in the Settings --> AC Settings the AC Mode to 'UDP Only'. If you do not change that, the tool will e.g. for cars use default data/shared memory data, and the car name will not be changed.
2) Change the track manually, when you change track. The UDP data does not provide proper info for automatically detecting the track.

There are some checks in the tool for the track info and if you drive different track than what is selected in the tool, there is very high propability, that the the lapdata won't be saved.

Cheers.

With AC running on consoles, you have to
1) Change in the Settings --> AC Settings the AC Mode to 'UDP Only'. If you do not change that, the tool will e.g. for cars use default data/shared memory data, and the car name will not be changed.
2) Change the track manually, when you change track. The UDP data does not provide proper info for automatically detecting the track.

There are some checks in the tool for the track info and if you drive different track than what is selected in the tool, there is very high propability, that the the lapdata won't be saved.

Cheers.
Thanks for the very fast reply.

Tool is already configured that way.
1. Yes, It's already setup as 'udp only' mode, yet car name never changes in "LapInfo" section
2. Yes, I change the track manually, and that's exactly when the software starts freezing (if the telemetry tab is open) and I see "too few packets" like printing on the command line.

Last edited:
Thanks for the very fast reply.

Tool is already configured that way.
1. Yes, It's already setup as 'udp only' mode, yet car name never changes in "LapInfo" section
2. Yes, I change the track manually, and that's exactly when the software starts freezing and I see "too few packets" like printing on the command line.
Well,

I don't PS4, thus cannot test is directly. I have tested the UPD only feed on PC version.

What you can do, is to create a debug feed (enable it via Settings --> Base Settings), drive few laps and then PM me the debug_data_FEED_AC.csv file and I can look at what is different/happens with the PS4 data.

Cheers.

Well,

I don't PS4, thus cannot test is directly. I have tested the UPD only feed on PC version.

What you can do, is to create a debug feed (enable it via Settings --> Base Settings), drive few laps and then PM me the debug_data_FEED_AC.csv file and I can look at what is different/happens with the PS4 data.

Cheers.
Okay I will try to do that. BTW "too few packets" message starts getting printed, as soon as I pick the correct/matching map on the tool (anything except monza). Software starts to slow down and eventually:

```
Java heap space
03:38:59.332396 l: too few packets:21
03:38:59.494710 iY: Uncaught: JavaFX Application Thread
----------------------------
```

If I play on monza I never get these errors, telemetry etc works. however, lapdata is still never saved.

Additionally, I have tested the tool with F1 2021 on PS4 that is working flawlessly.

Hi Iko

This is a fantasic tool and I really like how you have put so much detail into it.

But a bit of a stupid question. Is there a help guide with this?

Hi Iko

This is a fantasic tool and I really like how you have put so much detail into it.

But a bit of a stupid question. Is there a help guide with this?
Well, there is the help, which you get by pressing F1 key or 'H' key in the tool.

And I have done some YT videos at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOM1A2tjQHkR55VrQmQDe6A

Other than that, there is good material on the internet for telemetry analysis. Some links can be found at https://www.telemetrytool.com/material.php

And there are also some books, but most of them are bit light on the content.

Cheers.

Hi Iko!
Your telemetry tool works very good, but i've got some problems;
1) I'm not able to find saved lap's folder. (I'm on windows)
2) How do i overlay multiple windows? I saw some screenshots...
Thanks

Hi Iko!
Your telemetry tool works very good, but i've got some problems;
1) I'm not able to find saved lap's folder. (I'm on windows)
2) How do i overlay multiple windows? I saw some screenshots...
Thanks
For 1)
One way is to press CTRL-O for opening the files. This will open the lapdata directory.
Or you can check the "Settings --> Base Settings", there you can see, where the LapData directory resides
For 2)
You can click on the "New Window" and there select which window you want to see, and there are shortcuts for them, e.g. CTRL-2 opens the map window.

Cheers.

It
For 1)
One way is to press CTRL-O for opening the files. This will open the lapdata directory.
Or you can check the "Settings --> Base Settings", there you can see, where the LapData directory resides
For 2)
You can click on the "New Window" and there select which window you want to see, and there are shortcuts for them, e.g. CTRL-2 opens the map window.

Cheers.
It works perfectly! Thank you so much.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Tool For F1 2021 with a new update entry:

Telemetry Tool for F1 2021

New version 11.3 is here.

Largest addition is the new 'Workspace'. In short this is like the Telemetry view, but you can save and load the set of traces. There are many new traces, e.g. wheel speed diff for sides or wheel locking indicator etc. For each trace there is now few options to adjust the view:
  • Basic: normal trace
  • Diff: blue vs. red trace (or with multilap blue vs each trace)
  • Smooth: smooth the trace along many data points (option varies from 1 to 33)
  • Derivative...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi, i have a problem i cant open the f1 2021 .bat file i can open 2020 but not 2021. the CMD shows up for a split sec and than nothing happens can you help me?

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 40 33.6%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 18 15.1%
  • Watch party

Votes: 10 8.4%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 0.8%