The Dreaded <Win +Y> Toggle in WMR?

Whenever I enter VR (WMR(, I always lose mouse control sooner rather than later, and then get the <Win + Y> toggle prompt to get it back.

It's getting more than a little annoying because sometimes <Win + Y> doesn't even work. (R3E comes to mind...).

So is there any way to set things up so that mouse control is never lost while in WMR?

Thanks!

Whenever I enter VR (WMR(, I always lose mouse control sooner rather than later, and then get the <Win + Y> toggle prompt to get it back.

It's getting more than a little annoying because sometimes <Win + Y> doesn't even work. (R3E comes to mind...).

So is there any way to set things up so that mouse control is never lost while in WMR?

Thanks!
this happens to me a lot , i take my headset off and press just the windows key a few times until the windows list appears ,then i go back in game again and press the windows key again ,other than that its a pain in the b--b

Thanks!
There is an entry at Windows10---Settings---Mixed reality---Headset display---Input switching (at bottom of page). Select 'Automatically switch using headset presence sensor'.
That may help a bit.

Got it all working now - and without worrying about ALT-TAB! :D

FWIW - Before, I had been manually starting WMR and Steam VR (like I do for other sims) before starting "Raceroom for Steam VR". This time, I just started "Raceroom for SteamVR" without the other stuff already active, and everything worked fine!

The only thing of any slight annoyance is that sometimes the virtual mirror isn't displayed even though I have it on in settings. (It happens in "Practice" mode with some cars, but I can live with that.)

Thanks to all of you for the help!

• Deleted member 197115

There is an entry at Windows10---Settings---Mixed reality---Headset display---Input switching (at bottom of page). Select 'Automatically switch using headset presence sensor'.
That may help a bit.
Contrary to common logic, it should be set to Manual.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 485 69.2%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 321 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 149 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 191 27.2%
Back