AC The Italian Job, old and new meet!@Luccaring, Tuesday 9th November 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Great race everyone. Very competitive with @Erik Axelsson, shame we weren't together more on track due to my... "tree hugging"... :sick:

A race to forget for me and Erik I think, at least nobody got sucked into the void or stuck in a wall! Great track, shame about my driving.

Simresults (I beg you don't look at my consistency): https://simresults.net/211109-3by

Now to forget this race ever happened.

1636494084696.png

Last edited:
Great race everyone. Very competitive with @Erik Axelsson, shame we weren't together more on track due to my... "tree hugging"... :sick:

A race to forget for me and Erik I think, at least nobody got sucked into the void or stuck in a wall! Great track, shame about my driving.

Simresults (I beg you don't look at my consistency): https://simresults.net/211109-3by

Now to forget this race ever happened.

View attachment 516343
Wonderful track! Yea, maybe not our best performance but maybe I found a new hobby.

image.jpg

Looking forward to Feldbergring. Apparently it has 40.125 trees... ;)

Easy race for me, loads of luck, good start with the help of the mini jcw in front dragged me up to the first corner.
Paul was a bit away at the end of the first lap, which gave me some time to take the corners with care.
Paul had to take risks to bridge the gap, once on my tail it would have been a completely different race for me.:O_o:
Great race @HF2000 , well done podiums, well done all on getting around this circuit, very difficult, even saw Erik and Chris have problems, that does not happen very often.:unsure:

Well that was a weird one!

A pretty good qualifying for P2 in the old minis and a reasonable start ( for me) had me in sight of Ernie in the early laps and managing the gap to Han behind. Then on lap 5 I locked the brakes going into the first roundabout and had a half spin but still kept in second place even though I lost 10 seconds on Ernie. :(

I settled in some quick laps and could keep the gap to Ernie fairly stable but then the new minis began to come by. On lap 9, I lost concentration when I gave Andre some room at the double right handed at Baluardo San Donato and clipped the kerb on the outside. Not your fault Andre all my own error of judgement. The kerb dragged me in to a lamppost and all of a sudden I was teleported back into pits! I will have to investigate how that happened!!:rolleyes: At least it wasn’t a tree.:D

With the words of Michael Caine echoing through my brain ( “Your only supposed to blow the bloody doors off”), I set off again but from then on it was a lonely but fun race.
This was the first time out in the Mini for me and I must say that I really enjoyed it. Yes, it is a bit of a handful on the brakes and the transmission whine can do you head in but when you do get a clean lap it was very satisfying. Looking forward to the next outing, well done to the podiums and thanks to Han for organising.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 413 69.3%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 260 43.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 281 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.8%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 164 27.5%
Back