The Macau Grand Prix '67!

I thought some of you here would be interested in checking out an old low-res WIP video of a project I was working on some years ago of recreating the 1967 Macau Grand Prix.

The 1967 surroundings is an extreme contrast to how it looks today...

The 1967 Macau GP was a Formula Libre race and I intend to pick up the project again sometime in the future and make it its own game and also including the touring car support race. I sometimes get burned out working on my main 1967 sportscar game so this could be a good relief at those times. The base track is originally from Race 07 and I remember tearing down all the tawdry bad taste modern buildings to be a real joy! At the Statue Corner (now known as the Lisboa Corner), it can be seen in the game video above how I have started the construction of the famous Hotel Lisboa that was built around the time of the 1967 GP.

track_layout.jpg

poster_1967.jpg

1967 event poster
1967_start.jpg

1967 race start

Footage from the 1967 race including scenes of the tragic death of Arsenio Laurel who lost control of his Lotus 41 at the Yacht Club Bend (now known as the Mandarin Bend), the fastest right hand corner of the Guia circuit, where the car caught fire after crashing into the wall and he was killed at the scene.

arsenio_laurel.jpeg

Arsenio Laurel 1931-1967

No, it's still in an early WIP state. Also, the modified track wouldn't work as a standalone track and will need to have its own game installation.

IMC,
thank you for your response, i fully understand.I will have to do what you have done and deconstruct an existing version of Macau, i have done it before at other circuits.This will be for RF2 hopefully and probably for my own use.
regards
phil

Cool, I recall tearing down all the flashy bad taste modern buildings being a really fun task. The Chinese fortress in the left of your picture is a modern reconstruction and had to go in my 1967 version together with the fake volcano.

IMC,
i wasnt sure if those buildings by the Chinese fortress were some type of Disney like construct.They will be going soon, its starting to look very depleted at the moment.

The surroundings in the 60's did indeed look pretty depleted at some sections of the track, especially along the shore line and the big water reservoir.

guia_main_straight.jpg

The start/finish straight with the pits and grandstand to the left in the picture

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back