The Mustang Inspires an Electric SUV

View attachment 268721
is that the one ?
or this more tamed View attachment 268722View attachment 268723
doesn't look anything like a mustang isn't it ?

But hey, could have been worse
View attachment 268720
(was there in need for speed 2 i think)

ford-mustang-suv-render.jpg

Alternative power for cars is fine, but at this point they lack the infrastructure to make them viable, in a country the size of Australia (based on a recent test) a range of 300K on the open road is not going work, good for Urban driving but that's it for now.
I have a problem with the amount of bullshit coming from manufacturers about 'clean and green', aside from the sticker price, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Ford, GM. Toyota, Nissan and all the other players continue to churn out oversize petrol or diesel powered outsized 'Trucks' and the heavily promoted 'Family SUV', both of which require greater resources to build and run than an average sedan or wagon. Stop flogging this type of environmentally unfriendly vehicle and maybe the 'Green' promises will have a ring of truth too them! So far it's all been promotional advertising and publicity.
FWIW, we run Solar Panels into a Battery Farm on our property, along with contributing to a communal fund for a proper Wind Turbine (Costly but worth doing) that will generate power for some 50 rural properties in our area.

I was about to suggest this was an utterly bizarre thing to build, but thinking about how 60s muscle cars handle & how wasteful they were maybe it's actually not :p.

An electric SUV though, really? why would you deliberately make your EV out of the most inefficient car you can think of?

Once again, you don't have to burn oil-based product in an ICE. If you could gather atmospheric methane ( good luck with that, I wish ) & burn it you'd actually reduce greenhouse effect even though you'd be emitting CO2. I'd love a hybrid where I live - harvesting energy that'd otherwise go up as heat is just so sensible - but there's so much unharvestable energy burned off cornering that EVs are utterly useless here. Apparently we're all meant to live in the suburbs & go neatly between charging stations, though.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 420 69.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 263 43.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 285 47.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 124 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 168 27.8%
Back