Cars The Need For Speed

I was attempting to change the plate, finding the font and changing it was easy, then I discovered there is an embossed layer as well.

View attachment 242729
You need to make the normal map for it as well, or at least make it flat so it won't mess up the fonts.

try RealHeadMotion for AC to move the head inside the cockpit, a must-have addon to view the beautiful interior of the cars
I've tried it, but too many settings for my taste.

Ok, you perhaps missed my point..
Why not have them come on along with the headlights though is my question? Like they do in all the other cars?
Just to add this is not a problem and I don’t see it as a fault, I was just asking the reason for it for my own learning..

@Tomcul why would you want fog lights anyways on with the headlights !?

This is a nice extras you get from A3DR that you can have them on and off separatelly from headlights, even though Kunos didn't implement this.
Well if you really want to get into it then it’s just wrong, in real car you can’t turn on front fog lights without having at least front and rear sidelights turned on so having the option to put them on separate is kinda unrealistic.
99% if cars have the front foglight switch setup so they always come on with the other lights so in reality most cars with front fogs will have them turned on always with head/diplights.

Well if you really want to get into it then it’s just wrong, in real car you can’t turn on front fog lights without having at least front and rear sidelights turned on so having the option to put them on separate is kinda unrealistic.
99% if cars have the front foglight switch setup so they always come on with the other lights so in reality most cars with front fogs will have them turned on always with head/diplights.
Sorry this isn't 99% of most cars, it's a Dodge Viper :D

@Tomcul ok, but you don't have to use them without headlights and you can use headlights without them, to me it's just right.

In real car you can use them with only position lights thought, it kinda looks like foglights only

Jeez lots of hostility there fellas..
Was only asking a question really, don’t get those pantys in a twist..
I can change it to work however I want in my game was just wondering the original reason for it.
Viper forums confirm the need for lights to be on before fogs will work so a3dr I’m afraid your wrong.
Thanks for the simple answer guys you’ve got great attitudes, love your work a3dr by far the best AC modeller out there.

@Tomcul ok, but you don't have to use them without headlights and you can use headlights without them, to me it's just right.

In real car you can use them with only position lights thought, it kinda looks like foglights only

Not true, it's called DRL (day time running light) and these lights were used for that purpose on the Viper. Matter of fact I've set my E46 BMW to US spec for the lights system and the high beams are set to 10% power as soon as the ignition is on regardless of headlight setting. When you turn the headlights on the DRL (in the BMW the reduced high beams and in the Viper the fog lights) turn off and then act as normal fog lights/high beams whatever have you from there on out. So this is perfectly fine :)

Quote from an RT/10 GTS forum...

"Using a wire to turn on the relay is as simple as it gets. The simple wire bypasses the switch and manually turns on the fog lamps as required by law when the key is energized."

;)

Last edited:
They're just fog lights, not that serious. Better to spend the time driving than debating! :thumbsup: Assetto Corsa has all sorts of things you can do that don't make sense in the real world, although that's not the point. It's a 20 euro racing sim it has limitations, enjoy it all is my humble opinion.

@Tomcul it's not that, I'm trying to attack you, I have a different point of view here and it's just there's so much moaning and poiting bugs on this car around instead of just enjoying it, that got me triggered.

A3DR did a great job on this one, there aren't many mods out there that are even close. There's always a room for improvements, but sometimes too me it's just being picky on a minor things. (and I'm not addressing you here).

Kooky thing, the cars in AC don't have engines under the hood. If you change to F7 camera and clip into the cars engine bay it's totally empty, crazy right? As RunDMC said a few decades ago.

"It's like that and that's the way it is"

@Tomcul it's not that, I'm trying to attack you, I have a different point of view here and it's just there's so much moaning and poiting bugs on this car around instead of just enjoying it, that got me triggered.

A3DR did a great job on this one, there aren't many mods out there that are even close. There's always a room for improvements, but sometimes too me it's just being picky on a minor things. (and I'm not addressing you here).
Like I said I only asked for my learning seemed strange. Didn’t see it as moaning or complaining.
I hadn’t thought about Canada/Scandinavia with the DRL requirement so I stand corrected I just assumed a us spec car, so my mistake.

Stingray62
BMW has LCM so many options possible, viper has simple relay and wire system so that’s why I didn’t think of this option like I said I wrongly assumed US factory spec car.

Kooky thing, the cars in AC don't have engines under the hood. If you change to F7 camera and clip into the cars engine bay it's totally empty, crazy right? As RunDMC said a few decades ago.

"It's like that and that's the way it is"

In vr you can stick your head through and see the nothing!!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 1 2.7%