The official petition for a new Linux version

E

El Pappacabras

• El Pappacabras

Hi all,
I write here in order to officially ask Ruud to release the so-long-time-waited Linux new version of Racer. The reason for this - Wine is good, but with latest Racer versions every car gets messed up and also the menu gets a strange skin. If you agree with me, please join this thread.
El Pappacabras

I understand your reasons for this, but frankly, I don't think Ruud should have this on his priorities. I think it's important that the problems/errors in the Windows version can be fixed before it expands onto other operating systems.

I was a Linux user, so I really do understand lol.

Well, I am current Linux only user and I agree with KS95. Racer (all Windows versions, cg or non-cg) are working with no issues in Wine 1.2 on my Ubuntu Lucid 10.04 64bit. Issues that a Linux user might have are probably no different than those of average Windows user, mainly a video card that is not able to run latest cg versions, or trying to run old non-cg content on a newer cg Racer. So, even as a die hard Linux user, I would still rather support Ruud putting his efforts into releasing long awaited v0.9 version and enhancing the overall stability of Windows Racer..

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 46 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 18 34.0%