The Road to Zero

BABY BENZ1.jpg
At least here in Portugal i can still run my Baby Benz for more years and honestly i dont whant any other car,best car ever made,and right now is worthing a lot,since is a classic :)

When are people going to wake up to the political scam that is global warming?

If for one minute you believe the IPCC about global warming/climate change you need to look deeper, for a start it's got little to do with industry or car emissions, about 10%.

Climate change is a natural event that our planet has been through several times in it's history as far as science can understand, the last ice age was only 20 thousand yrs ago. 1 volcano can emit more CO2 in one major eruption than we do in 12 months of car emissions, and considering there are 6 active volcano's on the surface of the planet, what we emit as a race is negligible.

One of the biggest issues with this whole thing is the fact that they IPCC refuse to give up all the information on the alleged problem, instead only releasing the info they decide is warranted on their one sided and bias study, the IPCC is also funded by global governments.

Maybe they should ban the logging of trees globally before they go off half cocked, considering trees are essentially the lungs of our planet for all living animals, no trees/vegetation means no CO2 to OXYGEN conversion, the fact we as the dominate species cut down over 750 million acres of trees globally each year should be ringing alarm bells everywhere. CO2 is a hot gas, OXYGEN is a cool gas, so when you have more CO2 in the air the atmospheric temps will rise due to it being a hot gas, now if you add more oxygen, a cool gas, the temps will drop, pretty simple science really.

Our planet is a living organism, it has a life cycle that is finely balanced, mess with that balance and the consequences will be devastating, for all life.

Zero emissions is a myth. Electricity doesn't come from other planets, like Lou Reed stated once. It has to be produced, then there's the delivery chain and whatever else. It's all the same UN mumbo-jumbo KGB lies about saving humanity from itself and climate change. Don't believe in all that crap. It's a hoax.

But electric cars could be fun, politics aside. Like a life size RC toy you can drive.

Last edited:
So, where exactly will all this lovely "clean" electricity come from?

Options: Nuclear, Gas/Coal, Hydroelectric and Wind/Solar. Of these, only Nuclear is really viable in terms of replacing the UK's current near-total reliance on burning hydrocarbons for electricity generation. And yet they plan to shut down most of their nuclear plants in the coming decade.

So, forgive me if I find it darkly amusing that the UK will be burning coal and gas to generate the electricity that these "clean" vehicles need.

"the full conversion of the UK automotive market from diesel and petrol to hybrid and electric vehicles."

Not really an ICE ban then is it. Wonder what the legal definition of hybrid will be - could you count running the car off the starter motor? coz that's doing exactly what a proper hybrid does :p

A lot of the UK's nuclear plants are simply end of life. The scandal is hardly any plan to replace the things when we knew it was coming, not that they're being decommissioned.

Even hydro isn't clean, it contributes noticeable amounts of methane.

So, forgive me if I find it darkly amusing that the UK will be burning coal and gas to generate the electricity that these "clean" vehicles need.

Meanwhile, the UK keeps repeatedly breaking its own record for the longest amount of time without burning ANY coal.

coal.PNG

Gonna be honest if I had a car that was lets say A Mazda RX-7 shell with an electric motor even tho it's really just a big RC car I'd be pretty happy and maybe stuff like that could be done when we jump to hydrogen and electric.

Allready there, mate:
RX7_big.jpg

Even the United States, the largest manufacturer of exported goods on the planet, with the largest singular Rail system and highway system is dwarfed by China's pollution burden.

That's because the United States have a lot of manufacturing plants in China. So theoretically the US is still a major contributor to global pollution. They're probably polluting a lot more then they would ever be allowed to in the US. They just hide behind China's lack of regulations.

Smells like new world order to me. Electric cars=expensive. Used electric cars? With worn out batteries? Don't think so. Privilege of owning a car will be for the rich, better off people. Working class take a bus. And knowing British government, they will do some useless stupid stuff like putting plugs at some higher middle class homes for next 20 years, put some charging points on the street and call it a day. While not contributing to making the tech better and cheaper.
What baffles me most is why nobody talks about hydrogen fueled cars. I think you can buy hyunday with such engine, only problem being the filling stations or lack of them.
Typical British politics, big words big hoo ha, and when it will come to deliver it'll be a sh*t show(just like Brexit).

Edited stupid autocorrect errors

You guys does not read between the lines, US government will hit three birds with one stone :

1. no more pollution due to ICE powered vehicles,
2. no more overweight issues by promoting human-powered vehicles,
3. no more immigration/unemployment issue by promoting new "fancy" driver jobs

Common people will have to work their legs hard to go to work and holidays, meanwhile officials will have human powered Roman's chariot (imagine POTUS with all the secret service "slaves" whose didn't even have a drop of sweat in plain summer wearing their suits).

More seriously (who knows ?), all electric cannot work at all if nuclear power plants are dropped even before demand reach its expected peak level and no other reliable and effective energy sources are found in the meantime.

Country says "Zero emission 2040", tells the small steps to this date. -> Immediately people crying out like this date is tomorrow. We lost jobs, we lost comfort, global warming is a lie. We dig out "CO2" for more than 100 years and blow it in the air to create energy and move our cars. We have to change something. And yes, we have to change also the production of the electricity to a cleaner way. But we must start to change. What we use now for the most are limited energy suppliers.

Last edited:
Electric is not feasible until they can come up with batteries that hold more charge. Also, the electric grid in the US for example is already on the limit during the summer. Add many electric cars to that and you will have huge issues.

How are hybrids included in their zero emissions? Do they mean hybrids that only use the ICE engine on the long trips?
Setting a target forces the industry to invest in this area of car manufacture, meaning that it will develop very quickly in the years coming up to and after 2040( such as creating longer lasting batteries)

What a load of rubbish. How can you have a ban that relies on technology that doesn't currently exist and/or is not affordable to the general public? As a self-employed tradesman my van is integral to my business, and I do hundreds of miles in it every week. No way would a current electric van be able to cope with my mileage and workload each day, not even close. And even if it could, where would I charge it at night? I can almost never park outside my own house so are the government going to place charging stations every three metres on every residential street in the country within the next twenty years? Bollocks!

Ross, we could talk days about governments and how much they're actually willing to do for their citizens but

It's sooo pretty! :D

Our planet is a living organism, it has a life cycle that is finely balanced, mess with that balance and the consequences will be devastating, for all life.

You know what fossil fuels are right? They're plants and trees that died and got compressed into oil and gas over a process of 400 million years, a process that we undo by burning it for energy. Messing with the balance is what we've been doing for the past century, we're literally turning the CO2 to Oxygen process from millions of years ago around at a breakneck pace (or breakneck pace on a geological timescale).

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 486 69.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 298 42.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 322 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 150 21.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 193 27.5%
Back